Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ●.Eighth.Annual.● Scraps.to.Treasures.Challenge
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

●.Eighth.Annual.● Scraps.to.Treasures.Challenge Sign In/Join 
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Mailed my squares 10 minutes ago, Priority.

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8407 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mailed TWO sets of sqaures Wink Purely selfish "EYE" wanted more fabric....

I mailed them priority and have a tracking number.

Posts: 521 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Mailed mine today and I too sent 2 sets.
I sent them Priority and have tracking # if needed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sue B,

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1458 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mailed my squares out today Priority.

Posts: 3405 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mailed blocks out today priority. I sent two . sets also. Now the wait until we get them back.
Tami

Posts: 117 | Registered: Sep 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! With all these extra's that are being sent in, are you going to have enough in postage monies to send them back to us? We are going to have plenty of fabric to work with. Yoo-Hoo!

Rndi

Posts: 1534 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, Royalboomer! Thank you for pitching in fabric for us to use. Very generous of you.

Many thanks,
Rondi

Posts: 1534 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Looks like tomorrow is going to be busy around here. Actually the whole week. I've got to make room for my sorters. Right now my studio is still in chaos. And, I still need to cut my squares. I know, but there really hasn't been any time, and now I'm not sure if I'm up to the task. I strained a muscle in my elbow last week and it's been difficult to lift or hold anything with any weight. I did go to bed early last night, which is why I'm up so early now. Anyway, I slept on the sofa, hoping I could lessen the strain a bit. So far so good. It doesn't hurt as much right now, but it may get worse later in the day.

One package did arrive yesterday, but there are still 19 more to some in. I'm going to finish picking out my fabrics and start cutting today. Hopefully my elbow will cooperate and hold out long enough to get the job done.

I would like to thank everyone for helping out the newbies and covering my butt while I was working.

quote:
WOW!!! With all these extra's that are being sent in, are you going to have enough in postage monies to send them back to us?
Good question Rondi, but not to worry. This is one of the reasons I use the flat rate envelopes for the return.

hmmm, only 20 of you raised your hand. Does that mean you don't remember which fabrics you sent, or you forgot to comment?

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9619 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
How handy is Dan with a rotary cutter?

I was gonna ask what the solid squares are, but then I think I figured it out...they're your sorter help, right? Big Grin

Posts: 4570 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Squares from Texas are on the way. Wish I was going to be one of the helpers with sorting--maybe another year!

Hope all of you have fun on Saturday!Big Grin!

Posts: 5023 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Yay, Lisa for getting the squares out!

Jean, mine are all stash and no florals. I sent two sets as well.

And no, I have absolutely no idea what I sent last year. If I could see the quilt, I might be able to remember. Then again, probably not. I do think I sent in a white and a something else.

He**, I'm doing good to remember what I'm sending in this year! Uhhh, wait, was it pink flowers and lime green polka dots? Ha, ha!

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6522 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I didn't comment on what I sent last year. I don't remember what I sent, but could figure it out with a bit of thinking--or looking at the challenge pictures. I remember what I sent for a few of the past years.

Carol, I'm pretty sure that you sent some lime green Cool.

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I actually got quite a bit done today. I can see my table again. Smile And, I have my fabrics selected.

Angela, I thought about that, but he's fighting some sort of bug right now. I don't think we want him touching the fabrics. Wink My arm is feeling better today, so I'll start cutting shortly. Should be okay, but I may have to do it in spurts.

Posts: 9619 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jayardi, If I were closer, I'd do it for you. Smile Hope your arm feels better soon.

Posts: 521 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually thought about postage and sen xtra in. You can put it in the prize fund. I do remember what I sent I'm the last time I played. An orange batik and a brown batik. The time prior to that I sent in a paisley for one of my fabrics but I'm not sure on the other.
Tami

Posts: 117 | Registered: Sep 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Wonder what the mail will bring today? The next few days should be busy mail days for Jean. I checked the DC# on my package and it apparently hasn't been scanned anywhere yet. I know that they don't always scan as often as I would like.

Sounds like we will have lots of squares to play with this year!Big Grin!

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
mine is "out for delivery.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1458 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● We hit the JACKPOT today! Six packages arrived. There are still quite a few not here and all are suppose to be here tomorrow. Please let me know if they are not on the way yet. My mailman has been coming later and later in the day, so if they don't get here until Saturday, we're going to have a little problem.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jayardi,

posted Hide Post
I know what squares I sent in last year. They were medium and dark brown. Jean, I'll see you on Saturday when we come to sort.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet those purple squares are the ones coming to the hen party on Saturday! Right? If thats the case it doesn't look too bad, does it? Hopefully the other packages will come through tomorrow.

Rondi

Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Yikes! I hope the packages flood your doorstep!

Posts: 329 | Registered: Dec 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES! from the post office:
You entered: 9114901075742415411413

Your Item's Status Your item arrived at 6:24 am on March 21, 2013 in MENOMONEE FALLS, WI 53051. The Postal Service expects to deliver the item on Thursday, March 21, 2013. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Still no scan on my package Frown. Wonder what they are doing with it . . .

posted Hide Post
Yea! Happy my package arrived in time! Fingers crossed for all packages enroute! SmileSmile

Posts: 3405 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rondiquilts:
I bet those purple squares are the ones coming to the hen party on Saturday! Right? If thats the case it doesn't look too bad, does it? Hopefully the other packages will come through tomorrow.

Rondi

HEN PARTY??? And I wasn't invited??? Well, I should've sent my HEN laden fabric for the squares to trade Eek

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..Saved Sinnr .... this is the mug sent to me by a dear dear friend (who loves me) ... so what about MY not being invited? I mean it's foul...ooops FOWL of a sort, isn't it?

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8986 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gosh...wouldn't it be a hoot if we ALL showed up at Jayardi's on Saturday?!! Sure wish I could make it...you girls will just have to have all the fun by yourselves this time...

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I vote we do retreat at her house next year and sort all the squares then! You know, bring it home to where it all started...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Guess who finished her squares just in time? Wink

Only two packages arrived today. That means there are five more due. Two are on the way for sure, but I haven't heard from the other three yet.

Hey, it would be totally awesome if you all showed up, but there just isn't enough room. As it is, we are going to be a bit crowded Saturday, but I do have a plan. Plus, it helps that I got some of my mess cleaned up.

Lori, are you going to organize it? Razz

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
H3LL no, after this I am retiring...I just want a good excuse to come visit you and help sort all those squares Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gonesewin:
H3LL no, after this I am retiring...I just want a good excuse to come visit you and help sort all those squares Smile

Hahahahaha Wink Wisconsin is on my list of states to visit before I move home to NZ at some point. So I am all in for a retreat there, or a sorting party next year Smile

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1790 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You entered: 9114901075742415411413

Your Item's Status Your item was delivered at 2:47 pm on March 21, 2013 in MENOMONEE FALLS, WI 53051.

YIPPEE!! Jean, would you tell me for sure if you got this, that was the weirdest address I've ever seen! Smile

posted Hide Post
ilove... is you are asking about your package of squares, she has you checked off on her chart a couple of posts up.
Not sure if thats what you are referring to as being delivered or not, but thought I would point it out in case you are still worried.

Rondi

Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
Sew sew looking forward to playing with the squares soon.

Lee

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1610 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tanya f.
posted Hide Post
Mine was mailed on Monday; hope you received it! I hope everything was correct. It's been awhile since I've swapped. ;-)

Tanya

Posts: 2019 | Registered: Sep 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Sadly, the mail(wo)man did not bring any new packages today. Frown I know for a fact the Texas Squares are in town, they just didn't make it to my house yet. Hopefully it will arrive before we are done.

YAY Tanya! I was hoping you were still with us. You would think it would be here by now. Keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow.

I won't be mailing everything back until Tuesday, so we'll be okay if they are a wee bit late.

Now I better go finish cleaning before the ladies arrive.

Oops, almost forgot. Now that you have remembered which fabrics you sent, do you have any left?

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... O boy .. finallyI have another answer I'm sure of ... no, I don't have any left, I didn't have any to start with LOL .. but I have lots of other stuff I didn't send that I have left .. in fact i got some today for the RR I'm doing - the colors are so )(*&((&*& I justneeded to break out the ** and get some that are _))^&&^$#.

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8986 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that I still have some of the fabrics that I have sent in the past. Guess I should be working harder to use up my stash!

Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
I do have some of my fabric left. Can I use it this year? Smile

Posts: 329 | Registered: Dec 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I have some, but not a lot. And I just put it away, very recently! Roll Eyes

Posts: 4570 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SC Lady
posted Hide Post
quote:
O boy .. finallyI have another answer I'm sure of ... no, I don't have any left, I didn't have any to start with LOL .. but I have lots of other stuff I didn't send that I have left .. in fact i got some today for the RR I'm doing - the colors are so )(*&((&*& I just needed to break out the ** and get some that are _))^&&^$#.
from City/Sandie
This goes for me too

Libby

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." ~~~Dalai Lama

Posts: 3953 | Location: Lower Va. | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
yes, I have some left over, a little bit that is.

I'm anxious to see the spread sheet and all the squares.
It won't be long now. Getting all fired up.
On your mark
get ready
get set

Can't wait to say GO!

Thanks again Jean. It has been so much fun! Soon time to work. LOVE IT!!!!

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 704 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Today is sorting day! Hope that the mail person arrives early enough with my package.

Smile

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Jean called me a few minutes ago and all of the ladies are at her house. She also said that my squares had arrived (along with needlecrazy's) so that is good news.

They have some of malou's toffee there too. I'm sure that they will have some fun with the sorting party. Jean said that they will be taking some pictures to share.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Yay!

Nicki

Posts: 7914 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
The sorting is complete and the ladies are going out to lunch. Wonder if they ate all of the toffee yet, or if they are saving it for dessert.

Jean will have pictures to share with us later Cool.

Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
Yippee! I bet they had lots of fun.

Lee

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1610 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Toffee? They had TOFFEE? If I'd have known that, I would have hitch hiked all the way there! Smile

posted Hide Post
I'm chuckling about toffee being at the sorting!
Jean did good keeping some for today... it's been a couple months since I sent her some.

Posts: 2236 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ummm...regarding your recent question, Miss J...yes, I do still have some of my fabbies left from the last challenge. Thank you all for doing all of the sorting...glad to hear that you went out to lunch together...fun!