Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  I was good yesterday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was good yesterday Sign In/Join 
Picture of cksvett
posted
So sad, I was good yesterday. Can't have garage sales where we live so the city rec centers have sales with tables you can rent. DH & I had two tables and got rid of 11 copy paper boxes full of stuff. Mostly his stuff! Part of that is the items that were left for donations too. What you don't sell, you can leave and it is donated to an organization, this time Good Will.

I was good as there was a lady with 3 TABLES of mostly quilt fabric. One table was rolls and the other two fabric folds. Most was $2 a yard including batiks. I bought only what I needed or have a project that needed the piece for and just spent $5.25. Saw several people carrying bags with fabric I would want, especially one bolt I saw. There sure were a lot of pretties that I would have liked, but I keep telling myself, I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE FABRIC. Especially for my stash... Chris

Posts: 6162 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Wow, Chris! I'm proud of you. Of course, I seem to remember that at a certain quilt shop in Pennsylvania you were very good -- at helping ME find a bunch of fabric. You bought hardly anything.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6650 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
I just love spending others money... Chris

Posts: 6162 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9563 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
I have been very good for quite awhile. I keep telling myself the same thing. Proud you could hold yourself back. I am trying to use my stash that will take me 200 years to get rid of.

Posts: 15326 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
ditto the 200 years.

I bought my DGD a little brother sewing machine for Chr!stm@s. The first thing we are going to practice is eye/foot petal coordination. We are going to practice on my scrap bin. I have her some 7 inch squares of muslin cut out and I am going to let her make crumb blocks until she gets her seam allowances down pat. I am hoping with her help I can make some kind of dent in my scraps.

I have gone 18 days now without buying any fabric. But I must admit that there was several times this week when I caught myself wondering if I had time for a trip to ragmans!

Posts: 3629 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
OMG, warmbuns, what is ragmans? I have a feeling I don't want to know but lay it on me sister.

Posts: 15326 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been good- the only fabric I've bought since the day after thanksgiving (when I bought tons of flannel) is buying zombie fabric for DD for pillowccases.

Holly

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW! I don't think I could have stayed away from THREE tables of fabric! Especially since you wre there all day with your items to sell. Nope, I couldn't have done it!

Posts: 297 | Registered: Aug 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
My bad! My bad! I was BAAAAAADDDDD on Saturday. Had to get more Carol Doak's paper piecing paper...walked past the cutest fabric with little tree frogs.... I was a gonner. Those cute little guys just had to come home with me. Bad Bluesnail!

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2245 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I saw 3 tables of fabric,I would have been drawn to it like a fly on honey. No way could I have been good. I do not need 1 more ounce of fabric however I can not resist temptation.You were more than good....

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10119 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I'd have been at the table too Smile Since the table I have designated as the "fabric waiting to be put away" is overflowing I'm not sure where I would have "put" it once I got it home but that's never stopped me before....

Posts: 6628 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
quote:
18 days

Wow. Impressed.

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8828 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
You are just so good! My friend and I went to our LQS after lunch. I bought some fabric for my SS so that was fine. On the way out I saw the clearance stuff and just had to buy the end of a bolt and batiks I have no plan for. One step forward and two or more steps backwards!

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Chris, that's impressive! I woulda been at the table before setting my table up...lol...and no I don't need more fabric, but I do love a bargain, and more times than NOT, justify buying more fabric, because it's on sale...I'm a fabric addict Smile and not ashamed!

Trish

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7036 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
After all the clean-out work I went thru last week, I'm deleting incoming sale alerts from fabric stores for awhile! Eek I probably have enough fabric to make every scrap quilt on Bonnie Hunter's site, x 4.

But I sure would have been tempted to look at those sale tables, in case I saw something that someone else might need.... Wink

Posts: 5927 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I was doing well until I saw pink and white stripes on sale at fabric.com. I can't seem to resist blue and white stripes or pink and white dots, either. sigh. Guess they will be my signature fabrics in every quilt. Like pinwheels.

Posts: 8828 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
hA, ha. GOOD FOR you. silly keyboard, acnt' type again. anyway, I'm trying to use up my stash also.

CC

Posts: 4672 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris: I applaud your self-restraint. My friend and I are often telling each other "Do you really need that? Remember your stash!!"

Posts: 164 | Location: Lombard, IL USA | Registered: Sep 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Anytime I've walked away from something I really liked, I've regretted it later. One time I didn't buy some wide backs at a real good price in Lancaster and I regretted it. DH couldn't stand the whining and brought me back (3 1/2 hrs each way) a week later.

Posts: 3359 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Missmommy: I learned that with antiques. If you see it,love it,can't live without it, it's a good price, buy it. Hate living with regret and can exist for awhile on peanut butter.

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Nancy, I agree with you, if you see it,love it, can't live without it, and when the price is right, go ahead and buy it!

Mary

Posts: 4018 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
My Shop Hop $10 win arrived today, so I have bought some fabric too.
Found out DD#1, had a bed spread that was quilt squares in red & white she really liked. I just don't remember it (we're talking 38 years ado). Said it had paisley which she loves and other prints. Want to try to recreate something similar, but red & white paisley? Where was I going to find that? The shop I had the credit with had 3 yards on a clearance for $13.99. Couldn't believe it. Was under $10 shipping included. Now I need to start collection red on red, white on white and red on white of white on red scraps.
Are looking for a picture with the bedspread in it without any luck. So I guess it will be just squares... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Janet, you didn't make DH take you back did you. Wow! Hope you bought more to make the trip worthwhile???? Chris

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Chris, I didn't make him take me back. It was his idea and I said OK. and, yes, I made the return trip worthwhile.

Posts: 3359 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post