Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  What are your crafty/quilting goals this week 4-12-13?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your crafty/quilting goals this week 4-12-13? Sign In/Join 
posted
This is the weekly thread where we share our goals for the week with the world, in hopes that we may inspired to actually work on our goals.

Your goals are yours, and can be as simple or as complicated as you want.

I did nothing quilty all week. Nothing! So this weeks goals are the same as last weeks- to get Baby Girl's quilts bound.

How about you?
Holly

Posts: 2942 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post
I have a charity quilt to do. It's a charity auction quilt for a toddler who will have brain surgery in June.

Posts: 6773 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WA-BJ
posted Hide Post
Am still working on king-sized quilt for DD#1 and will continue to do so. Am at a Retreat this week but it is close to home so am sitting in my own home office and planning on leaving here in a couple of hours. Did complete a table runner yesterday for DD#2 and sewed together and turned table runners for DD#1 and me. Will get those completed this morning and have lots of other projects w/me, so will be diligent the rest of today and part of tomorrow. Hope you all have a fruitful week.

Posts: 748 | Location: Burlington,WA, | Registered: Aug 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Make a mugrug,and keep on cleaning/organizing sewing room.

Posts: 4369 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
I haven't been very productive so have not listed anything lately BUT...I need to quilt a quilt to be delivered next week and get all my stuff packed to go on a quilting retreat with friends next weekend.

I also got out my 9 patch project, the goal for that is to sew at least one 9 patch per day. Of course once I get started I don't want to do anything else, such easy sewing.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/PattyannC/

Posts: 1714 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
The hand quilting on the raffle quilt is coming along nicely but that is still the main thing on my list of goals for the following week. I have a weekend trip with 2 sisters-in-law so probably won't get a lot of quilting done. I also need to prepare the handout for the next step of the guild mystery quilt.

Posts: 6478 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I tried a new to me type of quilting on last years BOM. I just love how it turned out. I only quilted the sashings and now I think I have to do something in the blocks, but at least it isn't hiding in the closet. I used the embroidery machine and hooped the quilt and quilted the designs. So my goal is to finish this quilt. FINALLY

Posts: 7851 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made two 10 minute tablerunners and a receiving blanket for a friend who has a benefit for a family member newly diagnosed with cancer. Have not done much else-goal for next week find a few minutes to sew. Non quilty goal-get caught up on grading papers-probably an all day event tomorrow.

Posts: 609 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
I completed the top of the retirement lap quilt I'm making, and got it sandwiched. I have even made a start on the quilting. I've moved my sewing machine onto the dining table with the goal of finishing the quilting in the next week.

Posts: 1383 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16575 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
finished my SILs quilt so now I will do some table runners for my self? or who ever. I will also work on my quilt that I set aside to work on my SIL's quilt.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3450 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Got my BOM done (last weeks goal).
This week aiming the do sewsew mugrug.
Also got my taxes filed yesterday! That was the main goal this week.

Posts: 486 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't posted to this in weeks because I was sick and work is a ton of hours right now...last night I managed to handquilt part of my purple block BOM (2010??). Today I want to at least cut out April's BOM block and alphabet block of the month. Might work on my scraps to treasure as well.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post
I'm elated to report that I finished the benefit auctiion quilt for the little toddler who is schedule May 7 for brain surgery.

Posts: 6773 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did more hand quilting on the board BOM quilt... worked on scraps to treasure instead of the current blocks of the month-- maybe this weekend.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i'm working on a mugrug swap, will start a CQ RR shortly and i'm piecing a scrappy quilt. busy busy busy.

Patsy

Posts: 3427 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finished a top using Peanuts fabric for Project Linus-pieced backing and cut batting. It was not one of my goals but inspiration struck so I sewed while inspired.

Hope to quilt and bind this week.

Karen

Posts: 609 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post