Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Tatting Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tatting Question Sign In/Join 
Picture of puddy-tat
posted
i am a new tatter.....i need someone that i can chat with concerning tatting!!!! Smile i cant seem to get my stitches right.

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16499 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Sorry I'm incapable of tat-chat Frown

I'd like to say 'welcome!' Tho Smile

Posts: 3983 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Welcome puddy-tat

I can needle tat, but have not been able to master or even begin shuttle tatting. We do have some tremendous tatters on the board!

Posts: 5667 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Wait until Jayardi comes along or... darn - momentarily I can't remember... - Lisa... oh well they'll be along soon.

Char

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
puddy-tat is trying to get the hang of the forum in between waiting on customers. I think her main question is about shuttle tatting but she is also interested in needle tatting.

She and I will talk more tomorrow and I'll try to show her how things work here. Ummm...just to warn y'all...she's a nut like me. Big Grin

Posts: 16499 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I'm very impressed - I tried to learn tatting - let's just say it was less than positive Smile Please show us some of your work - would love to see it. There are several on here that are able to tat - I'm so envious Smile

Forgot to say WELCOME - hope to see a lot of you.

Posts: 6449 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I knew how to shuttle tat about "500" years ago...Wink...but have forgotten everything I know. We do have some beautiful tatters on this board that will surely be along to help you.

Howdy to the boards from Texas. Wave We are a friendly, helpful group here & always willing to do what we can to make new members feel comfortable & welcome. We love pictures & want to see what you are doing.

Nicki

Posts: 7927 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
Am more than happy to try and help but remember I'm a self taught tatter so am still learning myself. There are a lot of very good videos on the Internet that helped me. Get back to me if you would like.

Margie

Posts: 1279 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Oh no, Sherry Smile. I'm not the tatting Lisa, that's IowaLisa. She doesn't get her too often, but I can send her a message to come over for some tat chat. Jean (jayardi) is also quite a tatter. Some other amazing tatting talent that will surely jump in to chat.

Welcome!

Posts: 5025 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say HI! and Welcome!

No I can't tat. Tried to learn needle and shuttle at retreats but it was a no go! IowaLisa and Jayardi do beautiful tatting!

I admire anyone who can tat.

PamSmile

Posts: 5700 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Welcome to the boards. I would be happy to help, but like Margie, I am self-taught and NO expert. My schedule has been very hectic lately, but I'll try to help when I can.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9624 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
puddy-tat is still having trouble logging on with her computer. I'm going to help her again later today.

Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Welcome puddy-tat!!! Anyone who is a friend of KeepYouInStitches can't be all bad.

I have done a little needle tatting and Jayardi tried to teach us how to shuttle tat at last years COF retreat. Sadly we didn't do too good and I have not picked it up very much since then. Someone on here will help you. This is a great bunch of helpful ladies.

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2824 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
Puddy-tat: I am not really sure what tatting is. But I wanted to give you a warm welcome from myself and my 2 kitty babies from Massachusetts!!!

Posts: 165 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of puddy-tat
posted Hide Post
thank yall for the warm welcome...i'll be sending a "pic" of my work...lol

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Welcome on board.I wish I could Tat. Looking forward to seeing your eye candy.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3120 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board !

We love pictures, cant wait to see your tatting.
I just googled it because I wasn't sure if I knew what it was, WOW is all I can say

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quilting wifey
posted Hide Post
Welcome, puddy tat. How nice of Sherry to drag you here!

What is your tatting question? I have done just a small amount of it, but I have a cousin (who taught me) that has been tatting since 1973 and most likely can help if others can't.

Madelyn

Posts: 6039 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Jan 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
puddy-tat was having trouble keeping her loops tight (or something like that). She figured it out last Friday.

She is diligently working to create a finished project to show off.

Picture of puddy-tat
posted Hide Post
H E L L O to everyone....good news here..i have finally learned what the problem was, and i am getting around to making things...im just beaming!!! im gonna try to have some made by christmas for yall!!!lol..i guess we'll see!!

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Good for you. Glad it is now working.

Madelyn

Posts: 6039 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Jan 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PICTURE of puddy-tat's first projects! Bookmarks...

posted Hide Post
Nice work. They look really good.

Madelyn

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh my Puddy-tat! You did a fantastic job on your first bookmarks. What have you got in mind for your next project?

Nicki

Posts: 7927 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, Puddy-Tat. I taught myself to needle tat about 8 years ago when I bought a book by Barbara Foster on the subject. She runs "Handy Hands", which is an on-line tatting supply resource. She has threads, shuttles, needles and books galore. Oh, and if you want to have someplace to send your tatting, watch out for the 12 Days of Christmas swap (sign-ups in later September). We would all love to get one of your tatted beauties (you only have to send 12 items). Continued good luck with your new-found hobby. And welcome, welcome to the board.

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post