Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Crib quilt finished photo and a thank you to ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crib quilt finished photo and a thank you to ?? Sign In/Join 
Picture of jeepdarla
posted
I have finally finished this crib quilt made for baby Peyton, who is nearly 3 months old. It measures about 42" x 52". Machine pieced and machine quilted (by me on my domestic machine).

Posts: 3100 | Location: kentucky | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeepdarla
posted Hide Post
I started out planning to make this pattern from Judy Laquidera. It's so cute in the book...but after I made a couple of these blocks I realized I didn't like the yellow fabric with the blue ladybug fabric and I didn't like making these particular blocks.

But...I had already made a whole bunch of the little 9 patch blocks...3" finished....

Posts: 3100 | Location: kentucky | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeepdarla
posted Hide Post
...so I went searching on my computer for inspiration pics I had saved and found this sweet little quilt.
Is the maker of this quilt on this message board? If so, I thank you. You saved me a bunch of work!
I used EQ to work up the layout for my little 9 patches.

Picture of jeepdarla
posted Hide Post
That's my quilt story. Here is one more pic.

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Nice looking quilts, TFS

Posts: 8096 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
That's adorable!! He will use it for a long time.

PamSmile

Posts: 5828 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17105 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I think, but won't swear to it, that the quilt in the picture you showed was made by Lady Texas. She did beautiful work. Yours turned out really cute. I like it better than the one you started out making Smile

Posts: 4666 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
Really nice, the colors just pop. Smile

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Cute, cute, cute!!!

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4057 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Really cute great work

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, you did a great job. Its adorable. And your inspiration quilt is something to behold.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6615 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks so much better than the original idea. Love it.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10091 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Sooo sweet. Peyton is going to love it.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3036 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Very nice, sometimes design opportunities are the best...great job!

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7036 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ekbuckeye
posted Hide Post
You made a wonderful design decision and I like those colors better for a little boy. I think Peyton and Mom will be thrilled with it!

Ellen

"Wishing you sunshine and blessings"

Posts: 2292 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: May 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeepdarla
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words ladies!

Angela, that would be awesome if my inspiration quilt was one that was made by Lady Texas. It shows how quilts can have an impact on others even after we are gone...sort of like a ripple effect too.

I should have mentioned it sooner but in this case Peyton is a girl :-) .

Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
very nice really sweet !

Happy quilting,
~Jo~

"If you get the choice to sit it out or dance......I
hope you dance

http://www.flickr.com/photos/auntjo1/

Posts: 4327 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
That quilt is really cute. You did a great job on it. Peyton will love it.

Posts: 13291 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Downsouth
posted Hide Post
I love the name "Peyton" and it's a beautiful crib quilt!

Angela, you are indeed correct. That is one of the quilts made by Lady Texas.

Devonne

Posts: 14983 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jan 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quilt is beautiful.

Posts: 659 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post