Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  AQS G.Rapids,Michigan. are you coming?update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AQS G.Rapids,Michigan. are you coming?update Sign In/Join 
posted
The AQS Quilt Show is fast approaching. August 22 -25th...Grand Rapids,Michigan

I made my decision..I am going to be there for Wednesday and Thursday the 22nd and 23rd ......would love to meet anyone from here and/or the Janome 6500/6600/7700 Yahoo Group...

So anyone want to meet up???

ETA: Link to AQS Info Site
http://aqsshows.com/AQSGrandRapids/register-2/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TcMay,

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10061 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TerryOH
posted Hide Post
My LQS is trying to organize a bus trip there. If there are enough interested I will be there all day Saturday. We will leave here early Friday and stop a few places on the way then visit the show on Saturday then return home late Saturday. Sorry we won't be there the same times.

TerryOH

Posts: 2411 | Location: OH | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Is this the Grand Rapids show?

Posts: 3692 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Yes I am going!!! I cannot wait.

Posts: 3692 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Ali...if you are there Wed or Thursday...I'd love to meet up.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10061 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
I will try for one of those days then! It is also our community fair the same week so I want to go to both. Wish they were different weeks! I am very excited for this Grand Rapids event. I have never been to the area either. Ali

posted Hide Post
Not going, but wanted to tell everyone to enjoy the show. Have been to AQS shows in Paducah and Knoxville and loved each and everyone. Wear comfortable shoes!

I would join AQS and pay admission fee just before opening on Wednesday. Learned to go to some of the vendors first and then look at the quilts later on in the day. Not as crowded at the quilts as the beginning of the first day then. Be sure to visit the National Quilt Museum booth if there is one there. Love the T shirts they have for sale. Always get compliments on those. More so than the show shirts.

Have fun!

Be sure to let us hear about your experiences there.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6262 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else gonna' come?

May
"In Michigan"

Picture of quiltinnana
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about it. Just need to check and see when the grands are coming!
Joan

Posts: 1510 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of char77
posted Hide Post
Our guild will be there on Friday. Sorry I'll miss you!

Char

Posts: 3653 | Location: michigan | Registered: Sep 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I'll be there thurs, fri & leaving sat...we [a few from my thurs night quilt guild] are staying at the Amway Grand! Where are you staying?

Hope we can meet up!!! Big Grin

eta: we already register for the 2 days so we won't need to stand in line!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewlove2quilt,

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6795 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of char77
posted Hide Post
We're just going for the day Frown But i only live 45 mins from Grand Rapids. If I have to, i can drive back on Sat. We're taking the bus to eliminate having to find a place to park, etc, etc. AND we can fondle fabric on the way home instead of driving Smile

I'm VERY jealous of you being able to stay at The Grand!

Char

Posts: 3653 | Location: michigan | Registered: Sep 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to see others going....

Sewlove2quilt...I'm staying at the Amway Grand too,its the host hotel,,,hope we can meet up...

I'll be MIA for the next 6 days,I have to go help with family stuff so will not be checking in on this Board until next week...I'll check back then.

May
"In Michigan"

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
May, looking forward to meeting you & hopefully others, too!! Big Grin

Do you have a cell phone? [cause when it gets a little closer we'll have to exchange #'s]

Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure we are driving up for Wednesday, Thursday is second choice. Our community fair is the exact same days, and so it seems like it would be better to go to Grand Rapids first.

Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
What is the online registration for? Don't we just pay at the door?

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
The deadline for registering early was July 11...they mail you your tickets so that you don't have to stand in the long lines & have to pay to get in...

Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I wonder -- I have been to many of these events and the lines never seemed that bad. I don't remember that option before at other events.

Picture of Apple Sharon
posted Hide Post
I have a room for 3 days. Let me know what is happening.

Posts: 1011 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
I think it is a two hour drive for us, we'll be driving up in the morning, spend the day, then drive home. I am open to anything, just depends on whether we go the first or second day.

posted Hide Post
Sorry for leaving everyone hanging here but life happens...
I have been totally absorbed in a family crisis since July 23,2012 so have not been back to this post. Yes the crisis is much better but not over yet....my time is not yet mine.

I will be attending the AQS driving down tomorrow Wednesday with a friend and back on Thursday morning hopefully. I will not have my computer with me nor exact times until I leave tomorrow.I may also have to leave at any time during the convention and head farther downstate to family so can not make plans even now. Sorry I will not get to meet up with anyone this trip.....but hope I do run into you at the AQS.
Try to get there and have a great time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TcMay,

May
"In Michigan"

Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
I wish you luck and hope things work out for you.

I will be driving out Wednesday, spending a few hours, and driving home.

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
TCMay, I hope things calm down for you and that you get to stay...I'll reply to your PM!

AppleSharon, PM me your cell and maybe we can meet!

Shogun, sorry I won't be able to meet you...maybe another time!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Hope everyone has a great time and sees LOTS of eye candy! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
If anyone is around Wednesday I can do a quick hello, otherwise I'll just wander a few hours and go back home. I think 4 hours each way and my son has been sick so I can't stay overnight or late. Hope you all have fun. I can't wait!

Picture of Apple Sharon
posted Hide Post
I am coming down tomorrow with people from my guild so I can meet Thursday. Husband decided to come Friday morning and stay with me Friday night and I will go home with him on Sat. Kind of makes it different for me. HE has taken up quilting this past winter.

Posts: 1011 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
That is great! My DH doesn't quilt but he knows so much about it - techniques, brand names, block names, fabrics, etc. He has been listening to me and we are together so much, so he has picked up on it.

Picture of Apple Sharon
posted Hide Post
How do I answer someone about this message? I don't know how to do it.

Picture of TerryOH
posted Hide Post
I will be there Saturday with DD#1 and a group from my LQS.

To reply either click on their name and then click on invite (their name) to a private topic

OR

At the top of the page click on NEW then PRIVATE MESSAGING then find buddies then click on new buddy and click invite then a bos should come up to type message.

TerryOH

Posts: 2411 | Location: OH | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Apple Sharon
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I sent the number but let me know if you get it. Took me forever to send it.

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
AppleSharon, no I didn't get it but I sent you a PM w/ my phone #...you can reply to that, k? Hope we can meet!

When I want to send someone a PM, I click on their name, then scoll down a bit til I see send private message & click on it and a screen will pop up just like posting on a thread!

Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Left the show. I enjoyed the Japanese quilt exhibit and the Egyptian display. I bought a few things. Walked around downtown and had lunch. Visited the Meijer gardens (wow!) and am heading home exhausted.

Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Anyone going this week?

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
You threw me there for a moment! I was sure I had read that the AQS show in GR was this week and I couldn't go because my GKs were here again. I got excited thinking that I could go finally. Then I realized that this was last years thread!

Have a good time if you go.

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
HAHA I know. I had started a thread for this year and there was crickets...no one responded to me. So I saw this one and just hit reply Smile

I will be there this Friday.

Picture of Apple Sharon
posted Hide Post
The show is going on right now!!!!!I am here right now. It is so much fun. Sorry for people who had the wrong day.

Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Glad it is fun. I'll be there Friday!