Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  May fishy is ready for the sea
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May fishy is ready for the sea Sign In/Join 
Picture of patty j
posted
I went on Fatcats and will try to post the fish link, remember I'm not good at this. Anyways it is ready for us to print and sew.
http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/bompdf/Wf_5_temps.pdf

Posts: 7831 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Looks like a teenager to me with that mohawk!!

Printed and ready to go. Will make him up tonight. Can't wait to see what ya'll do with this one.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 3993 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it will be a cute fish to add to the ocean. Will be watching for the fish to appear. Sue

Posts: 1485 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Yes, a teenager showing off!! Have it savedSmile Thank you for posting the link.

Posts: 306 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for posting. looks cute can't wait to get him in the water

Posts: 374 | Registered: Nov 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pattern printed...that's it so far!

Posts: 3405 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Ms Patty J. Ya dun good.

Thank you.

Posts: 5888 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Paus, Sue told me that the link worked. I'm glad 'cause I'm NOT a computer person. Haven't got my fish done, but was at Sues' today and saw some really cool fabric in her scraps, bet I can talk her into bringing it down tomorrow.

Posts: 7831 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Amazing how well you two work together. lollll That's a very good thing.

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Thanks Patty! I downloaded the BOM patterns Smile And yes, the link worked Big Grin

Posts: 1101 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
And here's another layout for consideration. I think this one, also would work nicely for those thinking of shower curtains. Gives you some nice filler blocks.

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
How 'bout if you throw in some star fish?

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Paus, where do you come up with these pictures???All are awesome. TFS Pat

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Oh paus, that is one adorable quilt. I've been thinking that with 15 fish, I should have enough for a small child's quilt and a shower curtain for the spare bathroom. Sort of a twofer!

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 3993 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
here he comes (if I am lucky)

fish5a

Posts: 2139 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
should have known better, takes me longer to post a picture than make a fish!

fish5a

Posts: 2139 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EBGQ- way cute- you are the first done and now everyone has something to shoot for. Love your fish. Thanks for sharing. Sue

Posts: 1485 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
I think he's the best one you've done so far. Great job.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

posted Hide Post
EB...your May fishy is darling!!!

Posts: 3405 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Ohhhhh, EBQG, that is sooooo gorgeous!!!!

I gets lotsa newsletters and these fishy things keep showing up. Ain't it great?!!!! Gives us lots of ideas on how to layout our fishies. I really like this one.

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Elvis is in the building! I totally messed up the positioning on this one, but I loved the way he turned out, so I'll deal. I've stitched a strip across the top and will make it work.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

posted Hide Post
oooh! KMD...isn't he dramatic looking! Very nice!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Looks like they both are dignified and will be the lawyer-types in the sea. LOL
I haven't got my fabrics picked or any other constructive thing done today. Except visit my neighbor who is celebrating his 88th birthday.

posted Hide Post
Katie- love Elvis. Looks like a great addition to the ocean. Sue

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Great, Katie!!!!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Finished my fish this afternoon. I'm not sure about the eye, but it looked really bad without the eye. It isn't a permanent attachment,so I can change it easily.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Pat- what a cute purple fish and love the green eye . Did you name this fish??? Sue

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Moew wonderful fish!! I love the purple oneSmile [just hope it is the purple people-eater]

Posts: 306 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
comes of not checking what I typed!! I meant just hope it isn't the purple people-eater.

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
With his mouth he could be the one eyed one horned swimming purple people eater.
Sue his name is Murgetroid. LOL

Picture of darn75
posted Hide Post
The fish are adorable!

Posts: 449 | Registered: Oct 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...hoping to work on my fishy today...

posted Hide Post
Where are all the fish in the ocean??? waiting to see what new fish will appear. Sue

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Well I am trying to keep up. Here he is

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Here are his friends

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
JLu, Your fish are so cute. Glad you are joining us. I'll be gone a while, but you guys keep working on filling up the ocean. LOL

posted Hide Post
J Lu, your fishy is darling. Thank you so much for posting all of them together...they look GREAT together and I had kind of forgotten what they all looked like. I LOVE your background fabric...looks exactly like the sparkling waters of the Caribbean...

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Thank you girls. I only have 5 more projects to catch up on. How'm I doin. I don't think I'm going to make my dead lines. LOL!

J Lu

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
These fish are so cute and colorful

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 696 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Your fish are works of art ... far too pretty to put in the pan!

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Claude is ready to face the oceanSmile

posted Hide Post

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Jeeez-oh. What great looking fishies for this month.

I'll be happy when the basement is finished and I can get to my stuff and re-focus on my sewing.

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Really nice work ladies!!

Mary

Posts: 3932 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a little slow this month but Miss May is soon ready to come out to swim! A couple of days...

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
I'm lovin' the polka-dotted Claude!

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Da Dump Da Dump (think Jaws) I'm back!!!
Nice looking fish everyone, just a few more days until June and the next fish. Got some pretty fabric on the shop hop and might use a little for my June fish.
I'm liking the name Claude for your fish, too.

posted Hide Post
Yea! Miss May is ready to come out and swim!

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Wow!! Wow!! Miss May is soooooo 'out there'; she is gorgeous.