Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Needed: One COF Hostess for 2014
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Needed: One COF Hostess for 2014 Sign In/Join 
Picture of sassy needle pusher
posted Hide Post
Geeze - miss out a few days (keep your comments to yourself) and all your friends are with Noah in a trip! Can I bring friends? I've got Meclizine, and can put in for vacation days tomorrow!

Sassy NeedlePusher

Posts: 4358 | Registered: Dec 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Get ready to fill out that vacation request, Sassy! Carol is still looking into details, we spoke on the phone tonight Smile. Not sure if it will work out for me on the timing, but am really hoping to be able to cruise with my quilting friends!

Posts: 5023 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Me oh My...I sure am interested, not sure if it's feasable for me, but sure would love a cruise, it'd be my first...lol...dates?

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7022 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I can't think about this until July...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are cruises out of Tampa, and the airport isn't far from the pier that they leave from. If you book your plane ticket early you should be able to get a good deal since so many airlines fly into Florida. All the major plus the bargain ones...

Posts: 625 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: Apr 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PS I almost avoided looking at this topic since I've not been to a COF and knew I wouldn't be able to be a leader. Perhaps another title?

Posts: 625 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: Apr 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Go Blue...Carol will start a new topic as soon as she gets some more details worked out. That will be the "official" COF 2014 topic for everyone to review and decide whether or not they can commit to attending the cruise.

So, all is well just to let this one ride along until then.

Hugs,

Posts: 4609 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Downsouth
posted Hide Post
Carol, you are right that a lot of hotels will let you leave your car parked at their hotel while you are on your cruise. Most of the "better" hotels have buses to take you to the port. A great option for those who want to travel early. We have done this several times.

When we fly out of the Atlanta airport, we drive to the Marriott, we leave our car there all week, take their shuttle to and from the airport. We pay in advance online and it's cheaper than parking at the airport.

When my GD went on her first cruise with us, she asked me "Nana, what is going to keep me from falling overboard when we get on the ship?" I assured her she could not fall overboard because the entrance to the ship was enclosed. That was the only thing she was worried about, lol! Smile

Devonne

Posts: 14931 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jan 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
I've sailed out of Galveston two times. We head out before daylight and drive to Galveston straight to the port - no hotel - drop our luggage off at the "luggage drop off point" and everyone waits there except the two who drive the SUV to the $10 lot. It's just north of the loading area...not far at all. The free shuttle (bus) ride back is maybe 5-10 minutes.

When we get back...same routine. Two hop on the shuttle and go get the SUV while the rest wait with the luggage. No biggie either way.

For our 2014 cruise, my travel agent reminded me that parking would be $70 - for a seven day cruise.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KeepYouInStitches,

Posts: 16466 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bettyb
posted Hide Post
In Galveston If you book and pay ahead you can find parking for $7.00 a day. Several lots to chose from and all are very helpful and friendly. Hotels will let you park for free and take you to the port. Buses from Hobby Airport to the port if you fly in to Houston.

Posts: 516 | Registered: Nov 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Just paid $112. for 7 days in Boston to park. Am supposed to get reimbursed from Priceline.

Posts: 9457 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
OK, I need y'all to let me lock this thread (whenever I can figure out how — I'm so technologically challenged), and let me start a new thread about the cruise options.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6522 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
This sounds great! I am interested. The dates will make a difference to me.

Posts: 4296 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Carol, I think that only admin can lock one of the threads on the main board. If it were a PM, the initiator can lock the thread.

Looking forward to seeing what options you have found Smile.

Posts: 5023 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post