Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coasters Swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted
thought i would introduce a new swap. It's a coaster swap. You will make four (4) fabric coasters, any design, any method.

here are the details:

THEME: You choose

MAIL BY: October 18
HOW MANY WILL YOU MAKE: Four (4).
I will pair you with a partner. You will mail directly to your partner.

check out these links for some tutorials:
http://www.oneprettything.com/?s=coasters
http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=fabric%20coasters

all level quilters welcome!

*If you have not participated in one of my mugrug swaps, please private message me with your mailing address.

1. mandylifeboats
2. califgal
3. SeeingStars
4. Catwmn27
5. rozhearts
6. sewnso
7. SueB
8. jbeanier

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mandylifeboats,

Posts: 5079 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
I think I would like to try this one, i'm in?

patsy

Posts: 3559 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3678 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Me three sign me up. Something different to try.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Sure I'm in

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3086 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
well I made a set tonight. I went to youtube and found lots of tutorials. so i'm playing with the fabric and see what I can come up with. the set I made are really cute. so i'm ready LOL

patsy

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
count me in please.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1548 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of San
posted Hide Post
i wont be able to join do to postage..

but have been stuck on the pinterest site looking at coasters for several hours.. neat link..

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers

God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..

San

Posts: 4239 | Location: OR | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of San
posted Hide Post
found this one on pinterest - thought you all would like it..

http://pinterest.com/pin/214624738465532780/

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers

God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..

San

Posts: 4239 | Location: OR | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very cute!

Posts: 5079 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
bump!!!! Smile

Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
I would like to give this a whirl too. I have made coasters before and, like mug rugs, the possibilities are endless!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 36 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
swap sign-ups closed. addresses will go out tomorrow. sorry for delay. i just realized i have to buy a word program on my laptop just to open my documents. what is up with that? i didn't realize software expired.

Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
software expires? yikes.

CC

Posts: 4707 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i am not sure, but i found a way around it. i launched the microsoft word "starter". shrug. probably won't be able to access that file again unless i pay for it, but i am good. i can always make a new one.

addresses have gone out. check your private messages.

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Susan, for some reason or other I did not receive the email with my swap partner.
Could you re send the address to me please.
With thanks.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will do. Look for it later.

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Kim, just to let you know I have posted your parcel today. I hope you like the coasters I have made for you I certainly had fun makin g them for you. The parcel should take about 10 days.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
got my coasters from mandylifeboats (Sue). thank you Sue they are so cute. Mine to you will got out in the mail today. thanks again I love them.

Patsy

posted Hide Post
glad u liked them. they are so fun to make and go together so fast. here is the link to the tutorial.

http://allsorts.typepad.com/al...crisscross_coas.html

posted Hide Post
received coasters from califgal! will post pic tomorrow. funny that we both made the same style!

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
yep I was surprised when I got the ones u made me. like I told you, great minds think alike. I learned to make them from that youtube tutorial.

posted Hide Post
here's a pic of the coasters califgal made, pretty fabric

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Kim,
Have not heard that my parcel to you has arrived as yet hopefully soon.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
I left your coasters state side today, but they won't be posted until Monday. The post office was closed today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewnso,

Posts: 3086 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i got so inspired making these coasters. i have made 7 sets to sell at a holiday boutique that my daughter and sister are participating in.

patsy

Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Rozhearts,
Your package has arrived! I love these leaves with threadpainting veins. What lovely coasters they are. Thanks so much. I'll add a photo in a few minutes.

Yours are almost ready to be sent, but now I'm rethinking. Maybe I should start over.

ETA ... Camera batteries are dead and I don't know how to resize on my phone. I'll try again after work.
Kim / SeeingStars

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SeeingStars,

Posts: 3678 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Kim, have just read your message and am happy to hear your parcel arrived.I am glad that you liked my coasters I did have a great time making them. My DH thought I was a bit weird making leaves for coasters but you can use them for anything.I look forward to receiving your parcel and please don't start again I love everything I receive. It is the joy of these swaps that I love.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
I finally used a voltmeter to find 4 batteries with enough charge to take a photo. So sorry for the delay. Again, these leaves are delightful. Smile
I also included a key chain and a postcard in the photo. Thanks again for all Roz. These leaves are so timely. We're watching ours turn colors and begin to fall now.

The bottom right leaf is back-side up, so everyone can see the stitching even better. Love that variegated thread!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SeeingStars,

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
beautiful!!! I wish I'd had time to join. Wonderful Christmas presents, too...

Roz, your avatar is adorable!!!

Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nancyc20,

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 9063 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the photo Kim. They did turn out okay even if I do say so myself!!!!!!!

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Those leaves are soooo adorable. I'll bet they were fun to make.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Roz, those leaves are really cute great job

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 767 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
SueB,
Your coasters are on the way!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 36 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Rozhearts,
Your coasters are on their way too. Mailed yesterday.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
this was a fun swap, I learned how to make coasters. I made 19 sets for 5 holiday boutiques that i'm gonna be in with my daughter and sister. we've had 2 boutiques already and I sold 5 sets for 8.00. 3 more xmas boutiques to go.

patsy

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Can we see more pictures from this swap please.

Nicki

Posts: 8533 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Catwoman27 just wondering if the coasters have arrived??

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
ttt

Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
SueB

Hey...just wondering if you received my coasters! I have not rec'd anything in the mail from you, so hopefully not lost! Let me know...

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Kim, WOW I have opened your parcel parcel today, actually it arrived on Wednesday but I have been dealing with my poor old Dad over the past few weeks going from house to house.
Thank you so much they are absolutely wonderful and the little tote an extra bonus. I love the colours and the use of the batik fabric. They are also very well stitched. Great work.
Thank you again I love them.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
sewnso: sorry but I did not have a computer at home for a few days. My daughter in grad school needed to borrow it until her new one was delivered. Yes, I did receive the coasters and they are just so pretty. Thanks so much and again sorry not to acknowledge right away.
Nancy

Posts: 200 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Here is a photo of my coasters that i recieved from Kim. Thank you so much.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
jbeanier I received my coasters earlier in the week. yours will be in the mail Monday.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1548 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Hi Roz,
I'm so glad they arrived safely and that you like them. Smile This has been a fun swap. I hope to see a few more photos of other coasters soon.

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Received my lovely coasters from catwm27 today. They are sooooo cute. Apples with a leaf attached. I think they are made of felt. Just a perfect fit for me. We have an apple orchard and there are a lot of apples around here especially at this time of the year. Thanks Nancy.Smile

Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
SueB,

I have not received my coasters yet. Have they been sent?