Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2014 "I Believe In Snowmen" Sew Along - 7th Installment Winner Announced
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 "I Believe In Snowmen" Sew Along - 7th Installment Winner Announced Sign In/Join 
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted
Welcome to the "I Believe In Snowmen" Sew Along 2014! Installment #7!

Bunny Hill has a really sweet redwork snowmen BOM that is now available and would make a fabulous sew along for 2014. Visit this link to see close ups of it.

http://www.bunnyhilldesigns.co...ls/?product=ibelsnow

During the sew along, two of the redwork blocks will be due as well as two of the accompanying red/white block sections.... We will have to do it this way to be finished in time to use them for the 2014 Christmas holidays.

There is a map outline of the blocks for each installment included with your patterns. Please keep this handy and refer to it often so you do not work incorrect blocks for any current installment so your name is in for that prize.

I will be acquiring prizes from various quilt shops and everyone who uploads their photos on time each installment, will get their name in the pot for the prize offered that installment. You can only win a prize once in a 3 month period.

The owner of Bunny Hill has a video on the Fat Quarter Shop website giving a few pointers for the blocks so please go visit this link...

http://fatquartershop.blogspot...owmen-quilt-kit.html

Here is the schedule I have set up in order for us to have our quilts finished and ready to use for Christmas 2014.

I will start a brand new thread for each installment as we go. PLEASE do not upload any other photos but the current blocks we are working on. Thank you.

1. January 1 - January 28 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #1 and #2 AND 2 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on January 29th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 35.00 gift certificate from Crazy Quilting Supplies. www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com - WINNER: Cr8tve1

2. January 29 - February 25 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #3 and #4 AND 2 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on February 26th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be Pat Sloan's "The Perfect Box Of Colors" thread collection by Aurifil! www.patsloan.com - WINNER: alexemmarose

3. February 26 - March 25 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #5 and #6 AND 2 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on March 26th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop. www.fatquartershop.com - WINNER: shey..

4. March 26 - April 22 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #7 and #8 AND 2 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on April 23rd by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will come from the prize fund and will be a 25.00 gift certificate from Connecting Threads. www.connectingthreads.com - WINNER: quiltingnewbie2

5. April 23 - May 20 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #9 and #10 AND 2 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on May 21st by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 50.00 gift certificate from Ann of Bunny Hill Designs. www.bunnyhilldesigns.com WINNER: mw8930

6. May 21 - June 17 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #11 and #12 AND 2 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on June 18th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be 3 patterns from Barb, at Bejeweled Quilts. Value of 24.00 https://www.etsy.com/shop/BejeweledQuilts WINNER: sjo

7. June 18 - July 15 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #13 and #14 AND 3 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on July 16th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a surprise quilters package valued at 25.00 from Jessica at Paper Pieces. www.paperpieces.com

8. July 16 - August 12 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #15 and #16 AND the 2 sets of 3 star blocks that are put together vertically and the one star block in the lower section are due to post on August 13th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop. www.fatquartershop.com

9. August 13 - September 9 --- Photos of the reindeer and stars applique strip at the top is due to post on September 10th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate to Jan Douglas Design. www.jandouglasdesign.com

10. September 10 - October 7 --- Photos of the lower strip which contains the 3 houses, tree, and 2 embroidered skiers is due to post by October 8th by 7 a.m. Eastern time.

11. October 8 - November 4 --- Photos of completed quilt tops are to be posted on November 5th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. All sashing and borders have been applied and it is ready for quilting! Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop. www.fatquartershop.com

The red triangle border optional... you will not be required to put it on your quilt...but I do think it sets everything off. You can add it, leave it off, or add another style border in its place... but your quilt must have at least one finishing border on it. Smile

12. November 5 - December 10 --- Photos of finished quilts WITH binding are to be posted on December 11th by 7 a.m. Eastern time.

Then enjoy your quilts for the 2014 Christmas season!

IF you cannot upload photos to the forum as we work each installment, you can email or pm me a photo of your block and I can upload it for you. IF you need to do this do not wait until the last minute to email me the photo. ALL emailed photos should be in my inbox the day before they are due. This gives me time to re-size and get them posted on time.

Participants

alexemmarose
shequilts
warmbuns
Cr8tve1
irish62
kaylin
darn75
ivy_cottage81
crazy'boutquilts
Shawkl
fishingwidow
ely
quiltingnewbie2
DJBrown
tisme
mw8930
sjo
GaAngel97
shey..

Link to Installment #1 Photos here: http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...632/m/7703952597/p/1

Link to Installment #2 Photos here:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...632/m/4613909008/p/1

Link to Installment #3 Photos here:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/1993935108

Link to Installment #4 Photos here:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/3813990208

Link to Installment #5 Photos here:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/7763956208

Link to Installment #6 Photos here:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...633987308#8633987308

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25891 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltingnewbie2
posted Hide Post
ta da..sorry for the lousy picture !

Posts: 1193 | Location: Still lost in a quilt store.... | Registered: Mar 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Now I need to go shopping to spend my prize from last month!

Posts: 61 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello my stitch friends! Trying to resize pix and post from IPad for the first time so crossing my fingers...my 7th installment...

...hmmm...having troubles finding my resized pix...be back later with pix (hopefully!)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: alexemmarose,

Posts: 3575 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea! My daughter did it for me...

Posts: 3575 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
yay! Colleen!

sjo... you need to send me your pattern choices and your email address in a pm so I can send it to the shop owner so you can claim your prize from the last installment. Smile

Participants

alexemmarose Smile
shequilts
warmbuns
Cr8tve1
irish62
kaylin
darn75
ivy_cottage81
crazy'boutquilts Smile
Shawkl
fishingwidow
ely
quiltingnewbie2 Smile
DJBrown
tisme
mw8930
sjo Smile
GaAngel97
shey..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

Posts: 25891 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I got your pattern choices sjo... You chose some really cute ones!

Anyone else interested in barb's patterns, check out her Etsy site..

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Beje...ef=l2-shop-info-name

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Just a question here, are we supposed to have 2 of the red/white blocks this time or 3? The schedule above says 3.

Mary

Posts: 4071 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Good question Mary! I guess if we need three, I'll need to take another photo. Eek

Posts: 10681 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
good eye Mary... Yes, this installment would be the last of the log cabins so 3 should have been photographed.. I kind of got confused on another installment and let this one get past me..

The photos of the 2 log cabins will be ok... no need to make another photo if you have already uploaded.....Everyone needs to be sure and have their 3rd one made though for the installment..

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
When I went back up to look at this installment, I noticed something..

Someone had brought it to my attention that I didn't have the 2 sets of 3 star blocks in the rules so I added them to Installment 9...

Well... when I was going back over everything a second ago I saw them on Installment 8....

Now I don't remember where I had them initially but I am going to leave them on Installment 8 with the last 2 embroidered blocks.

Please make a note of this unless you already have it correct.

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Here are mine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cr8tve1,

Posts: 3317 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Hi Friends,
Here is my 7th installment in both blue and green.

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 741 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mw8930
posted Hide Post
Here are my blocks for this installment. My last log cabin is still sitting on my cutting table - not in this picture.

Marj

Posts: 325 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
10 days left for installment # 7. Smile

Participants

alexemmarose Smile
shequilts Smile
warmbuns
Cr8tve1 Smile
irish62
kaylin
darn75
ivy_cottage81
crazy'boutquilts Smile
Shawkl
fishingwidow
ely
quiltingnewbie2 Smile
DJBrown
tisme
mw8930 Smile
sjo Smile
GaAngel97
shey..

Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
This quilt is so not happening for me right now...Smile

Posts: 4644 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
I won't have mine done this month. I am visiting DD Angelinamor and won't be home till the 16th and I was almost done before I left but didn't have time to finish.

Mary

Posts: 4071 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ivy_cottage81
posted Hide Post
I am now stitching the "correct" block for this installment... duh. But I am good to go for the NEXT one, #8. :-)

ivy

Posts: 769 | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Q.

I will be home next week, so let me know what I will owe you for my order.

Thanks Mry

Picture of darn75
posted Hide Post
Probably wont make this one! Mi. At my daughters and forgot to bring my stitching with me and i had just started stitching one of the blocks.

Posts: 490 | Registered: Oct 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to pop in and thank Miss Q again for arranging all of the lovely prizes for us! Must admit it has helped me moving forward to keep up with this project!

I am spending some time this summer trying to get some of my pieced tops that are collecting machine quilted up and I usually try to use up old threads I have but decided to try my gorgeous prize threads from Pat Sloan...LOVE them! OMG! What a difference it makes to use good thread! Makin' me a believer! Thanks so much!

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
3 more days to get finished this time around.. Mine have been finished but keep forgetting to take the camera upstairs. Smile

Picture of shey..
posted Hide Post
just finished mine... whew!!.. wasn't sure i'd make it this time around.. i'll get a pic tomorrow of them..

shey..

my blog.. http://sheysstitchinmagic.blogspot.com/

"come hell .. come high water... you push on me.. i'm gonna push back harder... i got a whole lot more than a little bit left...

Posts: 3496 | Location: FL | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shey..
posted Hide Post
Q... question..

i've been going by the printed picture you gave us when you sent us the packet/pattern... for installment 8 it says.. the last 2 embroidery blocks.. 1 log cabin block and the star in the bottom part of the pattern.. and installment 9 is the 2 sets of the 3 star blocks.. and the entire row of the applique at the top (reindeer and stars)... i see the instructions at the top of this thread are different... so which do you want us to do for those installments???..

shey..

"come hell .. come high water... you push on me.. i'm gonna push back harder... i got a whole lot more than a little bit left...

Posts: 3496 | Location: FL | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Someone posted on an earlier thread and got me baffled about what I had listed here and I could not remember what I sent on the sheets.. Should have asked someone to scan and send me a photo of what I sent to all of you.

Please go by the handout sent with your patterns...

and if there are some who have sewn what is listed above, that is ok too. We will get back to rights by installment 10.

Sorry for the confusion..

Picture of shey..
posted Hide Post
ok... thanks Q..

got my picture of the 7th installment done.. can't believe we are more than half way done and i'm still keeping up!!.. lol..

shey..

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Me too shey... I only got one and a hlaf blocks finished last year during the first sew along. I actually am ahead this time. Smile

Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all the finishers! I didn't make it, but I'm hoping to catch up with 6 and 7 installments' embroidery blocks this month. I'm also hoping to get air conditioning back this month. Smile

Posts: 4489 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ivy_cottage81
posted Hide Post
Here is my #7 set...late for this round/installment.

ivy

p.s. I took pics yesterday and waited too late to load them on the computer. When I finally did load them last night, exported them, adjusted the size, etc., etc., I had forgotten the lazy-daisy stitches on the tree... duh. Always somethin'.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
The winner this round is crazyboutquilts!! I acquired this round's prize from the sweet lady who works with KC1930 and the hexagon swap.

Prize will be a surprise quilters package valued at 25.00 from Jessica at Paper Pieces. www.paperpieces.com

Finishers this round..

alexemmarose Smile
shequilts Smile
Cr8tve1 Smile
crazy'boutquilts Smile
quiltingnewbie2 Smile
mw8930 Smile
sjo Smile
shey..

shey..

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Oh wow! Thank you!! Smile If I hadn't chatted with Ivy yesterday, I would have forgotten all about today being the deadline. Eek My days are kinda running together! Wink

Posts: 10681 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mw8930
posted Hide Post
Congratulations crazyboutquilts!!

Marj

Posts: 325 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shey..
posted Hide Post
congrats cbq!!..

shey..

Picture of ivy_cottage81
posted Hide Post
Happy Shopping, Crazy! Congrats!

ivy

posted Hide Post

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Congrats CBQ!

Posts: 3317 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
You're a winner! Congrats CBQ!!

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 741 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darn75
posted Hide Post
Better late than never - I finally finished 7!

Posts: 490 | Registered: Oct 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post