Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ►►HGTV CYOC Swap◄◄MAILED!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

►►HGTV CYOC Swap◄◄MAILED! Sign In/Join 
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
mcpatches, what I have gathered is that you want fall colors, but not really fall prints. Correct?

Have enough that I don't need to use the prints, so that really won't be a problem, but I really like some of them. They are the ones I used in the QWL deer top I just made.the white one would be way too light I know... Chris

Posts: 6338 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happened to Choose your own COLORS? IT seems to me this was discussed BEFORE signups and we all b agreed it was colors not fabrics we were choosing. Now it appears ft o be tha yt? Several are saying they don't want this fabric or that fabric. I preferred batik faric but was told I couldnt request it but it appears that's exactly what some are doing.

Tami

Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Since we have so many swappers, I decided to keep my sanity (what is left of it, that is!), to cut my strings, centers and foundations and file in plastic shoe boxes. That way, I can just grab a box and sew!

P.S. If you can see, I also print off the swapper's choices and highlight so that I can review as I sew/cut. Who knew it would take several of these swaps before I finally came up with this game plan!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KC1930,

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Smart cookie! I have an after school sitting job on Mon & Thurs. in Sept and was wondering how I could effectively use the 3 hours at their house and do some of this. Maybe I should just grab a bunch of fabric and cut strips.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Auntie Reba,

Posts: 9644 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KC1930:
Since we have so many swappers, I decided to keep my sanity (what is left of it, that is!), to cut my strings, centers and foundations and file in plastic shoe boxes. That way, I can just grab a box and sew!

P.S. If you can see, I also print off the swapper's choices and highlight so that I can review as I sew/cut. Who knew it would take several of these swaps before I finally came up with this game plan!

I had a similar idea as I had never done one of these. I wrote on the big index cards in big writing who/trim vs no trim/cneter strip color and size and then what the strings are and anything else pertinent. I cut a lot of the strips and muslin and have a gallon bag for everyone as I finish goes right back in the bag and i am tracking everyone.

Posts: 442 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Chris, if the fall print reads fall colors, use it!

Posts: 5799 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Karribbean Quilter - made me happier just making them Smile

Posts: 6707 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaribbeanQuilter
posted Hide Post
RoyalB: You did such a fabulous job -- these are absolutely perfect -- thank you so much!
Here are yours. You chose such a calming and serene colorway. The parents of the potentially fussy baby girl who receive this, are going to send you flowers and candy

Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Oh that is so pretty - perfect Smile

Posts: 6707 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Each one posted is so unique.

Down to 1 1/2 sets to still do. Have the white half of KQ's but was waiting till I got the others done to see what colors I didn't need for those that I was low on colors for. Looking like possibly green, blue, yellow and maybe red... Chris

Posts: 6338 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds great, Chris! Thank you

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
coreysmom: forgive me for using the main board but I wanted to make sure you saw this. You're next on my list (by color requests) and I have sufficient of the type you like too so I wondered if this would do as the sand. It's a bit yellowish but will work well with the others. If not I certainly have plenty of neutral in traditional fabrics to use.

Posts: 9644 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Me again. Here you go bluesnail Je suis finis.

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
I'm not Tami, Auntie, but I remember her blocks from the last swap, and I think it would go nicely...

Love bluesnail's blocks! You are doing great!

Posts: 10720 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Auntie Reba, as the recipient of 3 swaps of the ocean blocks, if you can avoid the pink dots, the rest is fine... Chris

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Ok I'll go a different route or check to see a beiger spot on the fabric.

Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Guess what? I'm DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, this crazy lady sat and sewed all day yesterday (until work that evening) and all day today...I'm still in my nightgown.

Crazy, I packaged each swappers in a gallon Ziplock bag and they packaged nicely in a USPS long medium flat rate box.

Whew....what a mess of strings and fabric! Tomorrow, I begin the clean-up..... Frown

P.S. No photos--I want you to be surprised! I can say that while making them my favorites were Alexemmarose and Iquiltalot's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KC1930,

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow KC, way to sew! Smile

Posts: 10720 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Aw, shoot! Thought for sure I'd be the first one done but I still have 2 more to finish. Happy for you, KC, that you're done.
Cheryl, those blocks you made for me are super. I love those itsy bitsy skinny white strings!!!!!

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2284 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Oh you're very welcome. Just started the water colors of coreysmom's and they are just lovely!

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
wow that is awesome I am on vacation this week and hope to sew a lot.

Posts: 442 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Mailed my box today...

posted Hide Post
A little birdy told me someone else is all finished up! Way to sew! Smile

Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting me know they arrived!

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Back from a short trip to Iowa and Nebraska - NE has some really wonderful quilt shops!! - she said after taking many new batik fabrics down to the sewing room - I managed to restrain myself somewhat in all but that batik shop Smile But, I did get a few more fabrics to go into the strings so the plan is to do laundry, get some business stuff done and get some sewing in before I have to go back to work on Monday Smile

Picture of knot me
posted Hide Post
Wow, I've at least started these. I have 1 and a half sets finished. Still a long way to go,but just depends on my available time to sew!

"There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 2398 | Location: Somewhere in wicker wonderland | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is BlueSnail's set -- they are not trimmed to final size, so that is why they look a little off. The picture really doesn't do the color choice justice -- green, purple and white was a gorgeous choice. It reminds me of my mom's prized African violets

posted Hide Post
And here is Mt. Laurel's soft, calming color combo. Again, they might look a little off, because they are not trimmed to final size. Hope to get 2 more sets done this weekend

posted Hide Post
Oh! Everyone's blocks are looking just beautiful!! I may have to keep going with string block swaps because there are so many I am just loving!

Posts: 3600 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
KarribeanQuuilter... they are beautiful! Thank you.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2320 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
alexemmarose: I'm about to start yours...check out my PM

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Thought I should check in. Just finished my 1st block, turned out (I think) really pretty. 3 more and my 1st set will be done.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wiley,

Posts: 4462 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Auntie, love, love what you have picked! Thank you!

Posts: 3600 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
I am so thrilled with the peeks I've had of my purples and greens - and those teeny white slivers really do set everything off. I know I'll be tickled "purple" when I get all my blocks back.

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2284 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corey's Mom: your blocks win my prize for most variety -- 31 fabrics in the set!

posted Hide Post
Looks like I was a bit over-zealous in cropping the photo, so the bottom got cut off [only in the photo, not in the blocksSmile]. Here you go, AlexEmmaRose!

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I would LOVE to see a sample of mine done...anybody?

posted Hide Post
Ooooh! Karibbean...LOVE my blocks! What a fun and fresh quilt this will make! Thank you so much!!

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Just finished my first set. Now on to #2.

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Coreysmom, let me know if these are ok for you.

Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
You go, girl! Smile

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
alexemmarose: free peek

posted Hide Post
Cheryl! LOVE it!!! Thank you!

I am finally getting to my stitching on these blocks today. Anxious to get going on them.

posted Hide Post
Yea! One set down...16 to go!

posted Hide Post
Here is Jane Kiwi

posted Hide Post
Royalboomer's block (paler looking in person):

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post