Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013-July It's My Birthday Swap
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013-July It's My Birthday Swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of Sue B
posted
We have 4 Birthdays for July.

July 1 ~~~ RN55
Christmas fabrics, Halloween fabrics or fall fabrics

July 10 ~~~ Amiko
Soft florals/Blue & Yellow/Tone on tone

July 22 ~~~ Shequilts
Batiks, blues yellows

July 25 ~~~ bluesnail
bright, bold prints on BLACK or tiny polka dots any color

Happy Birthday Ladies.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1457 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mw8930
posted Hide Post
I sent mine out before I left on
vacation - 6/14/13 I think.

Happy Bithday ladies!

Posts: 282 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the birthday wishes, I have received these so far;

Mountainlaurel
Mw8930
Shequilts
Cksvett
Bluesnail
Mkquilts
Ears2u
lilmommie
Sueb
Elainetoo
Amiko
Kay-lin
Deb51
Patricianne
Alliquilts
Gonesewin
Islandtime
Wenonah
Quiltslots (hmmm guess who lives the closest to me?)

Will update as I get more squishies. Opening today I cannot wait any longer!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RN55,

Posts: 409 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the birthday wishes. I have received a FQ from these people so far:
mkquilts
bluesnail
mw8930
Cksvett
Elainetoo
lilmommie
Sue B
Amiko
Kay-lin
Deb51
islandtime
aliquilt
mountainlaurel
paticia ann
ears2u
rn55
Quiltsalot
Gonesewen
wenonah

It's sew much fun to go to the mail box each morning. It is hard waiting, but I'm doing it.

Thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shequilts,

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 704 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Mailed the rest of the July packages today. July babies have a great day on your birthdays... Chris

Posts: 5854 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
July FQ's are on they way Ladies from me and lilmommie.

SUE B

Posts: 1457 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Mailed the July FQ's today. Have a very happy Birthday: RN55; Amiko; Shequilts and Bluesnail.

Posts: 7979 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
I mailed mine today. Happy Birthday!

Posts: 4367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the BD wishes - and here's the list of everyone who sent me a FQ:

mw8930
shequilts
MKquilts
cksvett
elainetoo
DEB51
amiko
kay-lin
RN55
ears2u
PatriciaAnne
Gonesewin
Wenonah
aliquilt
islandtime
quiltslots
lilmommie
SueB
MountainLaurel

And so far, I have managed to resist the temptation to peek. Not sure if I'll make it to the 25th or not without looking!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bluesnail,

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2179 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Mine are all ready to go in the mail tomorrow. Happy Birthday July Ladies!!!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2297 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
amiko, was going to answer your PM but it disappeared.

Understand completely... Chris

Posts: 5854 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cksvett:
amiko, was going to answer your PM but it disappeared.

Understand completely... Chris

Chris,
It has been raining here all week. Today it was pouring this morning and now it is humid and sunny. I had several interruptions while I was on the computer this morning and you can see where it posted my updated list several times. I just wanted to personally thank you. Thanks!
amiko

Posts: 366 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Oh My Gosh! I am So sorry RN55 and the rest of our July girls! I thought that I mailed out before I went to COF2013. Just walked into my sewing room and found them laying under something on my cutting table. Will mail today on my way to work. SO SORRY!

Happy Birthday RN55 today. Two of my sisters share your day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PatriciaAnne,

Posts: 479 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
See July 1 is a very good day to have a Birthday thank you for the wishes.
Just to let everyone know I have not opened as of yet (and yes it is killing me) but my husband has been vehichleless and has not been able to get to the PO Hopefully today.

Posts: 409 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RN55, I apologize as mine is late, mailed yesterday morning, I totally overlooked the dates. The rest of July was also sent out, Happy Birthday Ladies!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
I got 4 more squishies. Updated my list above. I love seeing these fat envelopes coming to my mail box.

Posts: 2179 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
Please forgive my tardiness this month. RN55 and Amiko - yours went out today. Shequilts and bluesnail - yours will go out Friday.
It's been a world of crazy here for the last 3 weeks (situation w/ MIL), and I am trying very hard to catch up with normal life now that all the out-of -towners have finally left. Thank you for understanding.

Elle~~

Posts: 813 | Location: Norfolk, VA & FL Keys | Registered: Feb 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amiko:
quote:
quote:
I have received fat quarters from the following board friends:

bluesnail
Shequilts
mw8930
mkquilts
SueB
Lilmomie
elainetoo
cksvett
Kay-Lin
Deb51
Mountainlaurel
Alquilt
PatriciaAanne
Islandtime
RN55
ears2u
Gonesewin
wenonah
Quiltslots

amiko
xxoo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: amiko,

Posts: 366 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
July birthday' s packages went out today! Do you know that the flatter you make the package so it fits through the slot it is only 66 cents, if it can not fit through the slot it jumps to 2$? Amazing what you learn when you go to the PO!

posted Hide Post
Mine went out today, finally. Life has been crazy in this house. My PO guy will work with the envelope and squish it thru it at all possible. However, sometimes it takes one a month to get where it is going, what's up with that? Jackie

Posts: 848 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Feb 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I just found that out today too! I am sorry to be mailing mine so late, a little thing called a Retreat knocked me off kilter - Happy Birthday wishes to all of you Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
I added 3 more names to my list of Squishies Received.

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I just updated today, got 2 more actually got 3 as there were 2 in one package.

Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
What a nice surprise getting these lovely fat quarters. I love it! Each and everyone is just want I would buy for myself.

Thanks again,
amiko

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Ladies please get these in the mail,
and ladies Please keep your list up dated.
Thank you

SUE B

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
on a note with August
For mine and lilmommie's if you want or if it is cheaper you can send both of them in the same package.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sue B,

SUE B

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
please post updates

SUE B

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
My list is current so far I have received 16 squishies and just waiting to open all of them. It's a challenge to wait. Thank you all!
Smile

Posts: 704 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
My list is up to date.

amiko

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
I received 2 more in yesterday's mail...my list is up to date.

Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
RN55 and bluesnail - you should have received mine by now. They were mailed last week.

Elle~~

Posts: 813 | Location: Norfolk, VA & FL Keys | Registered: Feb 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
I posted 2 more names on my list. Elle, yours arrived just today. Not sure why it takes so long to get mail here in Florida, maybe those ponies don't like the hot weather! LOL

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Just updated, current as of today. I have received from 18 wonderful birthday friends.

posted Hide Post
Lois.... I mailed yours with the others. Must be the ponies are tired because of the heat!!!! Please let me know when it arrives.

Carolyn

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2297 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Oh my 3 more were in the mail today. The list is up-dated. Thank you thank you thank you sew much!

Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
Another package arrived today. My list has been updated. All these fabrics are really lovely. Thanks a bunch.
amiko

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
I hope more come in the mail today

SUE B

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Got a FQ from quiltslots today.

Carolyn, I've double checked my stack of envelopes... so far, yours hasn't arrived yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will turn up soon.

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Sue,
I'm happy to say I have 19 in house now. I'm only missing 2. Thanks ladies!!

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
thanks shequilts

DJillM will try to mail by the end of next week. thank you for understanding Ladies.

SUE B

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
back to the top for mail run or the way things are going walk. lol

SUE B

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Up-dated mine I also have 19. I am going to miss getting packages in the mail. Ladies thank you all very much for my beautiful cards and fabric. RN55

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Ok Ladies lets hope the donkey express will deliver 2 packages(one from Mountainlaurel, and one with lilmommie and mine in it) to bluesnail soon. and everyone still needs a package from DJillM, then July will be finished.

SUE B

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Yeah one more package. Mountainlaurel you using those pack donkeys for delivery again? told you they were not fast enough!!

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
I got my package from BueB and lilmommie.

Sorry to say, the one from Mountainlaurel has not arrived in Florida.

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
No new ones as of today only 19.
Anxious for Monday so I can open them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Pictures, where are the pictures? We want to see all the results of the squishes... Chris

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
to the top for mailbox run

SUE B

posted Hide Post
Lois, My mistake. It was returned yesterday. I put your old address on it. I forgot! sorry. I will remail it on Monday. It is postmarked the 1st and took until yesterday for them to return it. Must be the ponies were tired. I will change your address in my address book too.

Carolyn

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Well, Carolyn, and aren't you glad you put your return address on the envelope? LOL You are very lucky it did get back to you. I've sent several chunks of fabric which never made it to the recipient...nor did I ever get it back even though it had a return address and was totally taped shut. I just figured someone in PO land was collecting FQ's!

I'll let you know when it gets here. Thanks.