Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Up & Down Mugrug Swap
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Up & Down Mugrug Swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
I have my swap finished ........having delays getting it to P.O. To many Dr apt. on my mind.

" Prayer is for the soul what nourishments is for the body."

Posts: 864 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Hey, what's going on here....no photos, yet!!! lollll I know what my problem is, but, but, everyone else is always ahead of me.

Here, Fishies, fishies.....

Posts: 5887 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Hey Jill,

Your mug rug will be in the mail tomorrow you should receive it in 2-3 days. Hope you like it!

Kayla

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 692 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Whose got pics to share with us?

Nicki

Posts: 7907 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
I don't have a photo to share but mine is about done!!!! Hoping to make it to the USPS tomorrow.

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I spent a morning yesterday doing the surfaces....later the closing and binding. So, hope to have it done this weekend.

Posts: 9455 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I can post a photo of the one I made after I know jbeanier has received it

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 692 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I came to see pics, please please

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3530 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Inspiration struck and I got mine pieced last night. Quilting today and mailing Monday.

Posts: 6990 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
I better get moving!!

Posts: 4364 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Catwmn27 have you received your mug rug yet, I sent it out on the 2nd. let me know please.

Posts: 46 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Sep 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...Bunny bcb.... your mugrug is ready and in the envelope and all fat and ready to get to the PO tomorrow ... I do hope you like bright Smile

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8980 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I just can't believe that there are no pics from this swap yet. What's going on here?

Nicki

Posts: 7907 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Doing the binding..halfway done. If that's a preview on Sew..What have you been working on? partner...it's terrific! DH likes YOURS Evelyn, hope you do too.

Posts: 9455 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
City/Sandie, I'm not hard to please, I like most everything. I'm excited to get it. I'm still finishing yours, but hope to get it in the mail soon.

Posts: 1678 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Well, mine is done. Couldn't make up my mind so I did an up and down, sort of.

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Evelynb's ..is on the way. Let me know if you need tracking number!

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Mailed you mugrug this afternoon, Aunt Reba.
Evelyn

Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
mailed mind to Pwife yesterday hope you like it and find some of my thoughts behind the design. this was a tough one.
Edna

Posts: 864 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
OK, so you did a sideways mug rug, Wiley????? lollll

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Sounds like there are lots in the mail! I keep checking in for photos but so far no luck....darn!

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I got mine from Aunt Reba today. Love the embroidery and the color is perfect. Thank you so much.

Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
here is the mugrug shishie1 made for Catwmn27. "Up Up and Away in my Beautiful, my Beautiful Balloon"

Posts: 4891 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
jbeanier should have received this mugrug I made for her by now since it was sent priority mail last Friday.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...oh how cute that is ... looks hot air balloons is an UP Down thought ... the one I sent has it too ....

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 8980 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh thanks for the pics of the cute mug rugs. It was a hard theme (for me) so I didn't join in this one but sure like seeing what was done. TFS!

Nicki

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I love the colors and work on the arrows etc. in mine received from EvelynB!! Isn't it adorable? Glad you got mine and you like it...,my boss the lawyer and DH liked it...maybe they need the measuring tape one?

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Sadly the tape measure is very appropriate for my measurements too. I've lost 68 pounds since September. Sadly it's not my first time.

I attached a pin cushion on your mugrug because I'm constantly putting pins and needles in my mugrugs. Wanted to see if it's helpful.

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Well worth the wait!!!!!

Bravos all around.

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Mine or I should say yours is patiently waiting to go to PO. Hopefully by Friday.
Not sure if it's sideways-LOL!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wiley,

posted Hide Post
These are just lovely! Sch great ideas and vibrant colors!

Posts: 46 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Sep 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Boy I need the tape reminder. That mid-section. I've never had a mugrug and tend to do most sewing in the back room where I drink water and chew bubble gum but I'll let you know!!! Smile

Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Got mine from City/Sandie yesterday. Was running around all day with errands and doctor appt so didn't get the mail from the mail box until late. I love it, bright cheerful colors and I love the hot air ballons. The umbrellas on the back are pretty fancy too. The writing on it is so neat, is it free motion? I hope you won't be too disappointed when you get mine, my machine has been giving me some problems lately.

This is the front of the one City/Sandie did.

Posts: 1678 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
This is the back

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
Buuny .. glad you like it - it's kind of wide I guess, but the ballons just didn't want to be cut down ... one of the gals who saw it noted the way the centers matched and formed 2nd patterns, I admit I didn't notice that! Pure luck Smile Yes I did FMQ it all, I was hoping you could read it ok. I cannot inmagaine being disappointed - please dont' worry about that .. I'm not in this for perfection but for fun .. and I use mine! I trulyenjoy seeing them sitting around and knowing they were made by friends all over the country and Canada.

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photos everyone. Very colorful and creative - as always!

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewandsew
posted Hide Post
What great creations.

Posts: 562 | Location: Home | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
very pretty creations girls. Pwife let me know if you received yours. sent you a pm but haven't heard back. Wow it is snowing again in Pa and I hear people are ready to get rid of Punsxy Phil. lol. just nice weather to stay in and sew.!!

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Nice, Sandie/Bunny.

No rush, Wiley.

Picture of applik
posted Hide Post
Finished mine today. Will get it in the mail this week.

Posts: 1271 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
ttt

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard from my swap partner Pwife so I will show what the one I sent her looks like. This really was a tuff one but my idea was from a Bible theme word less book this down

Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
and this is up

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...very very pretty ..

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...Look at how cute this is ... my up and down Mugrug from Bunny bcb... the kite tail has sewn ties! and the fish are downright NON-edible - look like play mates! I really like the size and shape - so easy to use right along side the computer .. thanks a lot Bunny .. I think it's perfect ..

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
These are sooooo neat....great job girls. Sorry I was too late to sign up for this one, but I've hopped on the band wagon for the next one. LOL

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2929 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sandie, hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying using yours. I'm loving all the different designs and ideas everyone has, no two are anything alike.

Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
shishie1: I finished your mug rug tonight. I will get to the postoffice on Thurs. sorry for the delay.

Posts: 165 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait thank you so much. I know you have been sick,please don't worry if you can't get it out this eekbecause of the holiday. I will still be here. Take your time, I do have patience.LOL