Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Fall/thanksgiving PC swap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall/thanksgiving PC swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of fishingwidow
posted
Hi ladies,

Have been in overload a little here. Visiting, shoppping, traveling, etc. No time for sewing (boohoo).

I wanted to do a Halloween swap but it is too late and I am not at home.

So, I will host a fall or thanksgiving PC swap. So please sign up by October 31 and PC need to be in the mail by November 15.

I would like to keep groups limited to 4 or 5 people in each group and it will depend on how many sign ups I get.

I am visiting Angelinamor and we are going to visit DGS in Ariz. so I might not be on line much after we leave but will be home next weekend and will catch up then.

Mary

1. fishingwidow
2. angelinamor
3. Gonesewin
4 Cr8tve1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fishingwidow,

Posts: 4008 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Sign me up, Mom!!!

Posts: 642 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Sign me up too! This is my favorite season Big Grin

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5107 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I probably should know this, but what is a PC?

Posts: 751 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sassy needle pusher
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing it's not a personal computer Smile

Sassy NeedlePusher

Posts: 4362 | Registered: Dec 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfmyster
posted Hide Post
I think it's post card.

Michelle

Posts: 311 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: Dec 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Yes, a PC is a postcard. They are typically 4x6 and are pieced, fused, hand stitched, quilted (or not), embellished... essentially anything you can think of. I think they are a great way to try out new things.

I hope you'll join in the fun!!

Posts: 642 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all

Yes, a PC is a fabric postcard that you make and decorate and send thru the mail just like a regular postcard. If you google fabric postcards, you can see all kind of images for then. I buy Peltex fusible interfacing to make mine and cut them to 4 x 6. On the side that has the address, I fuse on drapery liner that I get at JoAnnes.

Why not join in and give it a try.

Mary

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fishingwidow,

Posts: 4008 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I want to join, I haven't done one in awhile.

Posts: 3290 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
bumping back to top

Posts: 3290 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi ladies,

Glad to see you are joining in Cr8tve1.

Still at DD Angelinamor's. Going home tomorrow and thought I would check and catch up on what is happening.

Lots of room left. Anyone else want to join us.

Mary

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
ttt

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I have several made and waiting to be addressed!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5107 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi ladies,

It looks like we didn't have any more to sign up so it will just be the four of us. So we can each send 3 cards out to the others.

Mine are almost finished. Got the tops decorated for fall and should have them in the mail by next week.

I will PM all the addresses.

Happy fall ladies.

Mary

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Ladies,

I just sent everyone a PM with the addresses for the swap. Check to make sure I have typed your correct address.

Mary

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
ttt...

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Got mine ready to mail, so will get to the postoffice in a few days.

Mary

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I got the addresses and will mail out in a day or two...Thanks Mary Smile

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I will be mailing mine Wed.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I sent mine yesterday...

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Running behind here. Mailing mine tomorrow.

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I sent mine on Wednesday.

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
I am still finishing mine up. They will probably go out next Tues. Yay! What fun!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I received a card from Cr8tive1 -- so cute -- don't want to spoil it for you w/ a picture...

Picture of thimble lady
posted Hide Post
Hers are always so cre8tive!!!!! Cant wait to see a pic of it.

Posts: 3652 | Location: Auburn, Alabama | Registered: Jul 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
I received PCs from Gonesewin and Cr8tve1 on Tues. Thanks so much! I love the fall colors!

Mine went into the mail yesterday, so check your mailboxes this weekend!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I got a really pretty card from fishingwidow. Thank you!

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I received cards from Fishingwidow and Gonesewing! So cute and creative. Thank you!

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the cards ladies! Love them.

Mary

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I got my final pc, looks like the packaging went through the ringer but the pc was okay. Very cute!

Here are all of them: First Gonesewing, cr8tve1, fishingwidow and angelinamor.