Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Project Runway Reminder - Thurs. night - 2-Nite!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Project Runway Reminder - Thurs. night - 2-Nite! Sign In/Join 
Picture of StarrySky
posted
Last week, they left us hanging about who else will go to Fashion Week. So something's gotta give in that dept. this week? We'll see! Don't forget to set your DVR's or pop your popcorn and steal the remote, if you tune in "live." Smile

Posts: 5927 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I am so glad you posted.. I thought today was Wednesday! I lost a day somewhere!

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25842 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
I just wrote a check & about fell over when I saw the date. I thought it was the 8th at most. How can we be 1/3 of the way thru October already?! I only flipped the calendar page the other day......

Posts: 5927 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Watching!

Posts: 3721 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Meeeee 2!

SPOILER QUESTION:

Why was Tim taking the subway?! You'd think that PR would provide a car service for him. They could at least spring for a taxi! Poor Tim. Cry

Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
I want Tim to visit me at home!!

Posts: 3721 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
well, well, well... I am excited for next week!

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25842 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Did your mouth fly open when Heidi's did? Mine did! Cool

Picture of JJ in WI
posted Hide Post
great show, can't wait for next week.

Posts: 2229 | Location: Twin Lakes Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
My jaw dropped...I never would have guessed that person would have come up with that....STUNNING.

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8830 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the show tonight. The one item that I would buy would be the leather top. I am not a leather person and would like it in silk but for a younger lady it would be great. I like the pants but not the ones that crossed over at the waist. When I first saw the red dress I liked it but without the belt it looked like a sack.
As far as couture goes the winner definitely had the right idea.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3162 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I loved the way the winner's gown rustled.

Posts: 8830 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I agree with the judge's comments as they reviewed the 3 contender's outfits. 100% they were right on! I had been hoping the winner will pull ahead as I had seen brilliance in some of his/her 's designs earlier in the season. YAY

Posts: 9563 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Oh yes! I LOVED the dolls! Smile

Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Great show and the right decisions by the judges. We all will be watching next week.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2216 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great show! I was in total agreement with the judges. Aren't these some SUPER TALENTED designers this year??? Very excited to see the final show.

Posts: 3493 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HunterHI
posted Hide Post
Why did Tim G have a sore lip and a scratch on his forehead? Was something said that perhaps I missed?
Yes, these are super talented designers and the final show should be outstanding.

Posts: 765 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Nov 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Tim tangled with the subway stairs. Had 4 stitches in his forehead-poor Tim!!

I totally agreed with the judges but thought they were only picking 1 of the 3. Not sure where my head was. Justin's unconventional challenge was amazing!! Where were the others? Their looks all looked the same. Still not crazy about Alexandria's looks but Heidi loves them.

Was shocked that Helen's looks had no wow factor. The print dress was dull and unflattering. The red dress was a sack. She's capable of so much more.

Next week should be very interesting!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5838 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I was shocked about Helen too! So many of her other looks were good...what happened? I got to thinking about her age, though. 10 years ago when the program started, she was only 14 or 15. There is an advantage of age with some of the older contestants. To me 10 years ago was just weeks and I wasn't growing up. She'll come along...probably in her 30's. The exception to that was Chr*st*an Loubtin (sp!) Oh my, he was ready at 17!!!!!! Already had worked in Paris!

Picture of asimplelife
posted Hide Post
I totally agreed with the outcome... it's always fun to see the home visits. I thought it was funny when Tim was trying to ask Helen's parents questions and Helen kept answering them.

Her 3 looks were awful IMO, just boring and odd. I got the giggles when Heidi asked the model in the "eye" dress to move her arms. Who would want to wear that? I think Alexandria's comments about Helen being a student were very insightful. She is so needy, insecure and yet overly confident at times. I agree with Nina that the neck braids were just creepy!

LOVED Justin's looks and thought they told a beautiful story. The pipette dress was a WOW! He seems like such a kind person. I think he and Tim have a real bond.

I liked Alexandria's looks too. They were so wearable and I love her jackets. She adds a lot of interesting details. The segment with the kids and the dolls was great and it showed a different side of her. The dolls were spot on!

I like all 4 finalists (a first I think!) and look forward to the finale.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: Apr 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Those dolls were great -- they should market that Tim doll! Did you see that he left with some sort of wall hanging or little pillow that said, "Son of a Gunn," made by the kids? Smile

Helen sure folded. I wonder if she struggled because she had nobody to bounce ideas around with, and nobody to get advice from? Her red dress had nothing going for it other than the fact that it was red. It was a pillowcase with arm slits! Even that acrylic belt couldn't save it. Everything she had was boxy & cheap looking. That black dress was a snooze-fest. And those dresses with slits that Tim folded into a diaper - ugh! Where was the $9000 allowance spent?

At least Alexandria's stuff looked more "designed." It was a very muted color range, though -- had to agree with Nina. What Alexandria previewed all looked similar, but at least it was runway ready. Not a total disaster, for sure.

Justin had more of a range, and his 3-D sculpture pieces were unique. But I wanted to see more excitement in the other pieces, the way he showed us in his unconventional look. If ALL his pieces were that amazing, he could walk away with this. His hair styles were distracting, like human chimney sweep brushes. He liked them, though, and they got the Nina Nod.

Bradon & Dom are still strong contenders, so we'll have to wait and see what happens when they all go head-to-head next week. A model with a broken ankle?! Gosh, hope they can find another 6' tall size 0 model somewhere in NYC... Big Grin

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Maybe an "accessory" designed for the cast and crutches??? A runway FIRST for sure!

I want a Tom Gunn doll!He could have a Press the Tummy feature that would say, "Make it Work!!!" Those were fabulous. A wonderful side of Alexandria! I love the home visit shows.

Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nancyc20,

Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
The Tim doll could have all kinds of sayings! Big Grin

Make it work!

Talk to me.

I'm just so...confused!

Work work work!

This concerns me.

Go go go!

We're leaving for the runway!

Thank you, Mood!

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
We're going down the runway now, clothes or no clothes!

This takes it to a new level.

I knew you had it in you to do this!

Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nancyc20,

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I have to look it up on-line. It's no longer available through free on-demand through my cable company!!! NOT NICE!!!

Posts: 8115 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SheriV
posted Hide Post
I finally got to watch it. Agree with the judges. Helen is so off and on. I agree that what Justin did was great. I'm still sad that Kate didn't have a chance to be at the end. I only remember her having that one awful dress. Can't wait to see all the collections on Thursday!!

Posts: 523 | Registered: Jun 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Finally watched it. Great outcome. Helen should have gone home a long time ago saving some more worthy designer. Can't wait for tonight's show.

Posts: 8115 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post