Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  TV pillow and seatbelt pillow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV pillow and seatbelt pillow Sign In/Join 
Picture of Twostep
posted
This is a 24" TV pillow that is reversible. The seatbelt pillow goes over the seatbelt. It's perfect for a child who falls asleep ... protects their head/neck. Made these for GD#3 who we plan to visit this weekend, can't wait.

Posts: 6773 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post
I quilted the fabrics on my longarm. I did use batting and muslin for the back.

The seatbelt pillow is based loosely on this tutorial
http://domesticwonder.wordpress.com/...llow-tutorial/
I did not use the foam scraps. I took an old bed pillow and cut it in half, made a new cover out of muslin for it.

I saw them on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=seatbelt+pillow

The pillow is just 24" square with a zipper in the bottom.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Twostep,

Posts: 6773 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool...I could use the seatbelt one for myself for when we travel. I HATE the seatbelt - the old-fashioned lap one wasn't horrible but the full one never fits right. I think I'm too short - I end up tucking it under one arm so it doesn't cut off my face....

Posts: 6466 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TerryOH
posted Hide Post
Royal, tucking the seat belt under your arm is dangerous. I am short also but I found a seat belt adjuster in the baby department. It fastens on each side of your belt and when you move it up you are pulling the shoulder belt away from your neck. Makes the belt so much more comfortable.

TerryOH

Posts: 2372 | Location: OH | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
Great Pillows ! Thanks for sharing your pictures and the tutorial, I need to make a seatbelt one for my 5 yr old grandson.

I must confess, when the seatbelt bugs me I slip it over and around me, it lays behind me and I just have the lap belt on. Its better than none I suppose.

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add another confession here!!! I sometimes feel I need to have a booster seat......I am 5'.5" and I refuse to leave off the .5 *grin*

Posts: 150 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TerryOH
posted Hide Post
I would love to be 5'5". I have to stretch to reach 5'1" and wear my seat belt the correct way. It is uncomfortable but worth it if I do not go through the window. DD#2 had her seat belt on and when she pulled out in front of a car she only cut near her eyebrow from hitting the steering wheel. It could have much worse if the shoulder belt had not stopped her.

I encourage everyone to wear seat belts AND shoulder belts no matter how uncomfortable it seems.

TerryOH

Posts: 2372 | Location: OH | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Terry - thanks - I never thought of checking there for an alternative. I only have an issue in DH car - my car is just fine. Of course, when we travel we take his car (sh, he doesn't fit in my car anymore Smile )

Posts: 6466 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Love the pillows, the one for the seatbelt is great for kids. I never have considered myself short (5' 5 1/2") but the seatbelt in my car really bothers my neck. I need to get a seatbelt adjuster. The seatbelt in DH's truck doesn't bother me, just in my car.

Posts: 1688 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post