Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Retreat Row Robins - PA 2013 active topic :)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retreat Row Robins - PA 2013 active topic :) Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
No, really MaryAnn, that's just an extra thing you have to remember and it'll just take up space in your car. I don't mind - I'll have so many others, it won't be a problem!

Seriously though, I, too, was wondering how I was going to be surprised. Glad you figured it out McP! I guess I'll just have to wait with the rest of you Frown

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Good for McP. That will make it a nice surprise for Lori.

Posts: 7979 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
Finished robin sent off to Gonesewin to await the big reveal.

Lori, Terrimae and I mailed in the same package. Just FYI so you know two are in there.

Posts: 2564 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Yahoo. finished robin sent off to Gonesewin! This should be a fun display.

And here's a picture of your completed top SueB... Oh sorry... can't post it. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Posts: 7979 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
OK Elainetoo I see how you wanta be. But you have to do something for me Please, as soon as you get to the retreat take a picture of mine and send it to me . sence I'm not going. LOLOL

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1457 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sue B:
OK Elainetoo I see how you wanta be. But you have to do something for me Please, as soon as you get to the retreat take a picture of mine and send it to me . sence I'm not going. LOLOL

Oh, darn - I could have taken a picture before sending it off. Will definitely try to remember that.

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
....Package on the the way to gonesewin ...
expected delivery the 21st ..
tracking #9534 6109 6701 3134 5138 67
..... I do hope someone takes pics when they are hung so we can see them ... I also hope I remember the ones I worked on; sure looking forward to getting a look at mine!

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8983 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
well finished last night. looks awesome. just need to iron, hang for one day, package up, then off to the mail om monday(payday, I will post the tracking #). it will be a long wait. for me, Ya'll have lots of fun.

SUE B

Posts: 1457 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I've received a few. I'll take pics of them then record who they belong to and let everyone know soon Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Awesome?? That's mine - tell me more!

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Ok, here's the list of the tops I have received:

1.SueB
2.~~TX Wildflower~
3.Terrimae
4.bluesnail
5.TeaSea
6.DJBrown
7.Aliquilt
8.LindaJ52
9.Auntie Reba
10.Charmingsister
11.gemsq
12.headielamar
13.kblue
14.lakequilter
15.City/Sandie
16.aka Teddylady
17.Elainetoo
18.Pandibear
19.Mcpatches
Hostages:
Gonesewin
iquiltalot
ilovemy4kids

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

posted Hide Post
Lori, is that a list of who the robin belongs to? or who sent?

Posts: 2564 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
belong to

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Oh no! I think you said you received one fROM me for Deb Brown. That's correct, right? Otherwise I gotta see if I still have the receipt.

Posts: 9457 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
***Also, you have one for Aliquilt.---(the challenge project was included in a paper bag.) Please verify. Thanks.***

Posts: 730 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I had put DJ's and Ali's somewhere else and I had forgotten about them.

Now, I think all are present and accounted for!

posted Hide Post

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Do you have these pretties hanging around your house? Can't wait to see all of them.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
no, but I did think about it Smile

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
I will be putting Lakequilter's in the mail Friday. can't wait to see them.

SUE B

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Headielamar's is on its way to Lori today. They said it should get there Thursday.
Label # 9505 5106 4735 3141 4352 96.

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So very happy for those of you whose quilts will be done! I can't wait to see photos of them!

Posts: 521 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'll be watching!

Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Been following you guys,can't wait to see the finished tops,loved the ones in Branson.

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8873 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
another one ready to take to PA Smile

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Lakequilter yours is in the mail to Gonesewin. Should be there Tuesday, I have the tracking #.

SUE B

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
My list is updated Smile
I definitely have some favorites but they all look great!

posted Hide Post
Is there any word on the 2 quilts from group 5?

Posts: 521 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still no word on the awol tops? Frown

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
not any I've heard...

posted Hide Post
Unless there is a specific reason not to do so, I am going to send a postage pre paid mailer to the individual who has my top and has not passed it on with a request for them to simply put it in the package and put it in the mail to me. If there is a reason I should not do this please let me know. I just want my top back, finished or not.

Blessings
Sandra

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.....Sandra I think your idea has major merit - I hope the response from others is the same. I'd be very sad if mine were lost to me. If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to do a row for you .. even if it doesn't make it to PA .. no reason not to get some work done on it.

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 8983 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I hope it works! Nothing else has yet...

HOLD OFF A couple more days. Someone is going to stop by her house and see if maybe she can get the tops.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Sandra: if you DON'T get it and want to start your preference row again, I would add a row for you too.

Posts: 9457 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I've received 15 quilts - and I know mine is being held hostage by MaryAnn and 2 are MIA - so according to my math I still need to get 7 quilts ASAP...

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I'm also willing to add to any quilts, whether I worked on them before or not.
I'm flying out on June 19th, so I would need to get it in the mail pretty soon.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3532 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Have one extra row done and would be willing to try to get another done soon... I hope they are found and can be completed.

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... Sandra likely does not have much left of the focus fabric ... I have a few pieces, and maybe some of you others do also - at the least, if her quilt top is out there with single socks, perhaps we could send her out bits if she wants them so she and maybe make at least a remebrance type block to hand on her sewing room wall!

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Don't have any focus fabric left and also, Gonesewin, I will Priority mail a box of "door prize books/patterns" the Sat. before Retreat thinking it will arrive then on Mon. or Tues...just to get the timing right...to PA.

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
I can send her the very little bit of thread I have left. Please PM me her address.

Char

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
I would be glad to give my extra row. just let me know where to sent it.
if you want special colors I will make a new row.

SUE B

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I shipped Pandibear's off yesterday. It should arrive to you on 6/10. Tracking 9534 6110 0850 3154 3899 46. I'm also happy to make another row if needed for any missing quilts. I don't have any of the focus fabric left

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
Gonesewin, you'll get the one I have after this weekend. I promise!

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4557 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
You girls are turning me gray! Ok, ok. I'll wait patiently...

I'll let you know when I get the box Cheryl.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
This list is updated - I only need 5 more!

posted Hide Post
I thought that I saw somewhere that you had received my top, but it's not listed.

Posts: 181 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teddylady: If yours was "circles" I sent it to Gonesewin quite a bit ago. I think she just didn't add it to the list. I know that she recieved it, I saw something in my PMs about it. Gonesewin, I heard from Jane-Kiwi last week that there was some progress on the 2 missing quilts. Did you not hear?

Posts: 297 | Location: usa | Registered: Sep 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Yes Jane_Kiwi posted in the Group 5 PMs that someone has gone to Susan's and has the 2 quilts. One is supposed to be coming to me and I will bring it with me to PA.
I don't see mine on the list either, I thought it made it through.
Even though I'm flying, I am more than willing to bring fabric (if I know colors/themes) and anything to help complete unfinished ones.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3532 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I went through the quilts I have and my list is updated.

Jane has made some progress on retrieving 2 of the hostage quilt tops - I'm not sure exactly what is actually being done though so I haven't reported on it.

Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
I think TeaSea mailed mine a few weeks ago!

I mailed mcpatches today.

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4557 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post