Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Retreat Row Robins - PA 2013 active topic :)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retreat Row Robins - PA 2013 active topic :) Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you overdid it last week. Crossing fingers that you feel better by next week - for your sake as well as the row robin Smile You are definitely the priority!!

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1790 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
on a side note, I was glad I did my row when I said I would. Yesterday the dog threw up, and today at 1:30am and then again at 6am the cat threw up :/ So I am tired and not at my best today. You never know when minor things - or major ones - will happen so it helps to be ahead of the curve when the next person is relying on you! I did make one block today but ahem, design opportunity lol, my January BoM is going to be ... different than everyone elses lol

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1790 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
....jane .. 'different' is good ... it means it's not just like all the rest and even if ugly will stand out on it's own. There, did that make you feel better?

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8980 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
SueB, so sorry to hear you've been under the weather.. hear that flu is really bad this year. You probably over did it when you started feeling better. Rest and you'll soon be full tilt.

You probably received or will receive the next row from me.

Posts: 7977 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I was looking for the next due date. I see it now. This was on Page 2. UH oh. Better bump it.

Posts: 9455 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Only a couple days to mailing deadline for the next row.

Looking forward to seeing what gets sent on, then making a decision as to what to add.

Posts: 7977 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in group 5. Mine was mailed this morning.

Posts: 297 | Location: usa | Registered: Sep 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Mine was mailed yesterday. On it's way to Pandibear.

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Sorry ladies mine will be a little late, I still have a slite fever. so I don't want to bring this into the sewing room. I feel good in the morning but by the time 4 o'clock gets here I 'm to tired to do anything and I can feel flushered.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1457 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Had hoped to get mine off today but machine is acting wonky... have to clean it and rethread. Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.
Sorry Headielamar to be a little late.

Char

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Ok ladies I have not fallen off the earth, althrough these last 3 to 4 weeks it feels like I was falling. I think I'll be finish with this on Saturday. and Mail on Monday. thank you for being understanding.

SUE B

Posts: 1457 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quick question....I pre-washed my fabrics. One of the rows I received to work on doesn't feel prewashed. Is it okay to use prewashed fabrics on it? Thanks...working on this today!

Posts: 520 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemy4kids:
quick question....I pre-washed my fabrics. One of the rows I received to work on doesn't feel prewashed. Is it okay to use prewashed fabrics on it? Thanks...working on this today!

Thanks for calling to clarify!

I will answer here for anyone else who may have the same question. If you get a row that doesn't seem to be prewashed and you are using stash, it's ok to use washed or unwashed. If you were buying new fabric for that robin then I would go ahead and add without washing just to keep the shrinkage percentages the same.

Jane_Kiwi

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sue B:
Ok ladies I have not fallen off the earth, althrough these last 3 to 4 weeks it feels like I was falling. I think I'll be finish with this on Saturday. and Mail on Monday. thank you for being understanding.

How did it go Sue B? Did you mail? Smile

Jane_Kiwi

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
I was feeling well enough to get in my sewing room and I was hopping to finish the row and get it in the mail yesterday. But I forgot the most importaint thing in sewing. check your notes messure twice and cut once. well I had to use my seam-ripper. LOL so I will finish the row and get it in the mail today no later than tomorrow and start on the next one. thanks for understanding.

SUE B

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
I finished it today but not intime to get to the po. as soon as the po opens hopefully monday but tuesday is mardi gras down here. so they are closed. I hope they are open monday.

SUE B

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
sent it off today will be there Saturday DC# 9505 5102 6385 3045 3833 93. will start on the secound one tomorrow.

SUE B

posted Hide Post
I have been following along with all of you on this row x row project...look forward to seeing the finished projects. I am hoping you will be posting pix since I won't be at the retreat.

Just thought I would post a quick update...I had to drop out of this RR right at the beginning and sweet Gonesewin stepped in for me....thank you! My dad wasn't doing very well and almost lost him but he has slowly been rallying and is finally doing better. Scary after losing my mom last year. Anyhoo, at the time I didn't feel I should continue in the RR in case I couldn't complete a row at the right time due to issues with dad.

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing your finished beauties! axel

Posts: 3405 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I'm glad he's doing better alexemmarose. I had opened the upcoming one and decided to stare at it for ideas and I was stumped from what had already been done. But I now have a direction that won't be too outta whack. Maybe. Present row is progressing.

Posts: 9455 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello ladies! Can I just say I LOVE THIS ROW ROBIN THING!!! It's such a blast. My original row just screams "THIS IS ME" and the next row I work on, the original row brought joy and love to my heart. The current one I am doing just make me _________________________! HA! Can't say or I will give it away, but let's just say it's a good thing. Have fun ladies and I can't wait to see all the amazing tops when they are finished.

Posts: 520 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the rows just talk to you and tell you what they want you to do, sometimes they don't and then you are really up the creek!

Posts: 5662 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Cheryl, can hardly wait to see everyone's finished quilt tops! Will they all be stitched together as you go or will they arrive at the retreat in strips?

Posts: 3405 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
They're being put together as we go. I can tell you that each one is unique. That makes it cool!

Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
I can't beleive how far out of my comfort zone this RRR is for me. Usually I freet about the row for a week or more before I ever get going. This time I knew what I wanted to do right away, and it was something I had never done before!!! The row turned out great and now that block is on my bucket list Smile .

I learn so much from this list, and I can't tell you how much my piecing skills have improved because of projects like this. Thank you all!

Posts: 973 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Sue B Smile

Axel, I was sorry you had to drop out too, but I am really glad your dad is doing better.

I am glad most/all of you are having fun with this and trying new things. That's one of the great things about a row robin, you can try a small dose of something new - even if there are a few design opportunities along the way!

Keep up the great work.

Jane_Kiwi

posted Hide Post
DJ, good for you! I tried something new as well. I'm HOPING that it looks nice, asked the person I sent it to what they thought, but they didn't reply so I'll just have to wait till the end to see if it is liked or not!

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Well, I have row 3 done. Just waiting to send on. Can't wait to see the next one I get cause it will have 3 rows on it.. gets more interesting as they come I think.

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
....i too an waiting, hadn't thought yet about the other rows being on ... that's a fun thought Smile

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8980 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
I received my 2 rows yesterday so will be working on it as soon as I can.Really pretty! I like your thread - Elainetoo. I think I will adskjfkjfh and jg;adh. Can't wait to see them all done.

Char

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lakequilter:
I received my 2 rows yesterday so will be working on it as soon as I can.Really pretty! I like your thread - Elainetoo. I think I will adskjfkjfh and jg;adh. Can't wait to see them all done.

Char

Glad you like it. Cute!!! Thanks for the hint on what you're doing...

Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
ttt: The rows I have received are great; and all so different. Thanks.

Posts: 730 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Mailed off the 3rd row to the next person in Group 4.

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Just mailed to Headielamar. Should be there Monday I guess.

Char

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
elanetoo I got it on the 1st.

SUE B

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Not very many teasing comments on here. We must all be so engrossed in sewing. Probably being carried out on the PM's.. but a shame we're not all sharing in the fun. Looking forward to seeing the final quilts..

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I'm in group 5; and have mainly been posting in PM's.
I can't mail tomorrow, because I haven't rec'd the top. I will let everyone know when I receive it and I will mail it as soon as I can. Will keep my group updated.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3532 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I've been posting on pm's, forgot about this thread. My row is finished as of last night. It was a bit of a challenge for me as the style is not one I typically quilt in. But, I'm very happy with how it turned. It will go in the mail today.

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mailed today! Tracking # is 9114 9010 7574 2415 4109 04 USPS Can't wait to get the next one!

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
I think I blinked and lost the first week of March. I will be mailing Friday or Saturday.

SUE B

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I received terrimae's quilt today from Linda. It is beautiful!!! Time to start brain storming what to add. I love that they are starting to look like a quilt! Sort of like when toddlers start to loose the baby look and look more like a kid. It sort of happens over night. That's what happened to me when I opened Terrimae's quilt up - it's not just a couple of rows, it's a quilt!

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
lakequilter, I just sent Quilter Chris' row off T# is 9500110521123070433164.

I love the way these are comming out. Ya'll will have to post lots of pictures from the retreat. I wish I were going.

SUE B

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Sue B. - I received Quilter Chris' rows today. So pretty!

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I rec'd the rows today -- I'm in the midst of a project for the church nursery. However, I think I've selected fabrics and I've picked the pattern. I will do my best to mail by Monday the 18th since this was rec'd by me late.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3532 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad you finally got them Smile You do what you need to do and it'll all be good. Thanks for hanging in there <3

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4902 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent Smile

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Row 4 done, waiting for a little closer to mailing date to send it off. Fun project.

Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
I love working on this Row Robin. It's my first one and I was a little nervous about doing this, but I decided when I was working on my original row that I was going to use the same pattern on each quilt. I've made sure that the fabrics that I've used really work with whichever top I'm working on. I was even able to work totally from my stash on the last row and will probably be doing the same thing on the current one. I can't wait for the retreat in order to see my top finished and all of the others, too. It should be spectacular when they are all lined up and our "thread" is running through the whole group!

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
Yes, the pathway going through all the quilts will be dramatic. Wonder if the newspaper will do a feature? or at least a picture. You were smart to use the same block; unlike me.

Posts: 730 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was off the boards a few days, but back now Smile Decided not to take laptop to Florida and just pack light. My first trip away in about 7 years without it lol.

Hope nobody has any problems with the current row, but as always please feel free to contact me.

Also if you are going to be late or can't complete the current row for ANY reason, talk to me and we'll figure something out Smile I am available to do a row if anyone is having RL issues.

Jane_Kiwi

posted Hide Post
Jane, Our group is a wee bit behind on one row. So the row due to be finished and mailed on April 12th has not yet arrived here for me to even begin working on. I will be gone the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th of April so unless it gets here by this Monday, I too, will have to mail it late, thereby continuing the cycle of lateness. Frown I will however do my best.