Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Retreat Row Robins - PA 2013 active topic :)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retreat Row Robins - PA 2013 active topic :) Sign In/Join 
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Jumping in to clarify. I have spoken with Susan by e-mail and she is sending the tops on their way. I do not have them in my possession. She said that she did not need help getting them to the Post Office, but I told her that if she changes her mind, I'll head over to her house to help out.

Looking forward to seeing all of the pictures!

Posts: 5023 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Lori - I am one of your missing tops - I still have Quilter Chris' and still need to finish it. It has been hectic around here. I will get it to you on time but am wondering if I should mail it to you at the hotel instead of to your home?

Posts: 2773 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
If it will get to the hotel on Monday or later, then please do that. Just be sure to send me your tracking number. Please mark it clearly as RR and whose it is.

If not, here is fine. I will be leaving on Tuesday so it has to get to me bfore that.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I got another one today! Thanks, Muggomuggo Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Row robin ladies - please check your group PMS and update me there on your mailing status, if you havent already.

Lisa - TX I left you a PM too Smile

jane_kiwi

Posts: 1790 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
***I hope that when you hang the RR for display that you will hang them by groups. That will help with photo taking, and be more meaningful to the groups, than scattered. Likely that was your plan anyway. Thanks so much. ***

Posts: 730 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
can't wait to see pictures.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1458 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
1.SueB
2.~~TX Wildflower~
3.Terrimae
4.bluesnail
5.TeaSea
6.DJBrown
7.Aliquilt
8.LindaJ52
9.Auntie Reba
10.Charmingsister
11.gemsq
12.headielamar
13.kblue
14.lakequilter
15.City/Sandie
16.aka Teddylady
17.Elainetoo
18.Pandibear
19.Mcpatches
Hostages:
Gonesewin
iquiltalot
ilovemy4kids

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Lori - I will send it to the hotel and will send you the tracking number. It will get there on time. Sorry to be a problem child on this.

Posts: 2773 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Just trying to figure this out... did motqltr's ever make it through?

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jane kiwi has motqltr's top. She offered to finish it, so that it wouldn't get lost too.

Posts: 182 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That makes sense. I am so hopeful everyones will be finished.

Char

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
ok, good!

posted Hide Post
Lisa-TX any chance you could pick up the 2 missing tops? I don't think they will ever be mailed.

Posts: 297 | Location: usa | Registered: Sep 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I think these are one of my favorite pictures to see from retreat. It's amazing to see how well evryone's rows blend in with the original row. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of them all hanging.

Nicki

Posts: 7915 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I'm carrying on the row for Sandra's top. If the airlines lose my checked bag, I won't have undies but I'll have the last row...and that will be a successful trip!!

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3532 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Needlecrazy is coming to retreat - maybe she could swing by and pick them up??

Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
Just curious, Lori, my name is not on your list but I know you've had mine quite a while...

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4558 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
hmmmm, It's not on my list that I made when I went through and sorted them into groups...I'll look again. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Smile

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Confirmation # for Quilter Chris' row robin is 9505510248243168294057. I did not put Circle of Friends on the label but I did address it to your attention Lori. It also says Round Robin on the label.

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I have made offers to pick them up, but was told that she was taking care of mailing them. Doesn't look like the mailing has been done yet Frown. Needlecrazy lives on the other side of town anyway.

I sent all of the necessary addresses, even the one for the hotel, but don't have any update unfortunately.

Picture of TeaSea
posted Hide Post
I have them done and trying to decide if I want to express it or bring it on the plane. I think I'll wrap mine undies in it. unless you want me to mail it.

Posts: 1347 | Location: NC Iowa | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Just bring it TeaSea!

JANE HEARD FROM YX WILDFLOWER! SHE IS GONG TO EXPRESS THE TOPS TO THE HOTEL Smile

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Yeah!

posted Hide Post
Thank you again Lisa TX for all your efforts.

Posts: 297 | Location: usa | Registered: Sep 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
good news. I'm in airport, will be in Harrisburg tonite abt 10 pm

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3532 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
We have a tracking number!

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Yea! I received an e-mail a few hours ago from her with the update. I know that you are all excited to have them arrive.

Can't wait to see the pictures of all of the row robin tops!

posted Hide Post
Thank you ladies, and especially Lisa TX

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Don't forget about pictures Please.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1458 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
Yes, very anxious to see pictures!!

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4558 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I have pictures but they are still on my camera. I also did each RR, and then several of the groups. My camera isn't the best. I won't be home until Wed, so if any of the leaders of pics to post, that would be fantastic.
Ladies, they are all beautiful. Thank you to everyone who worked on mine.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
The tops were so very neat and varied. You will love the pictures when they are posted.

Sometimes I am slow! When I saw there were so few groups, I thought there wouldn't be very many tops. duh, forgetting that there would be one for EVERYONE in the group... Chris

Posts: 5855 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Here's Group 4 (sorry not real good as taken with my iphone). SueB; Elainetoo; LakeQuilter; Headilamar and QuilterChris.

My first row robin and love the results. Thank you ladies for your rows, and thanks for SueB for starting around the 'journal' and you all wrote it in along with signing my row.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Posts: 7979 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shauna's crafty quilter
posted Hide Post
Love them all! This is such a great idea for retreats! I love mine from Branson! I couldn't believe how beautiful it turned out!! I have it done and quilted! You well treasure these forever! I know i well with mine!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!!"

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post