Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ♥ Old Fashioned Butterfly Block Swap ♥ PHOTOS & TRACKING #'s POSTED!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

♥ Old Fashioned Butterfly Block Swap ♥ PHOTOS & TRACKING #'s POSTED! Sign In/Join 
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
WooHoo! Looks like we are almost all done! I am anxious to see what all those lovely butterflies will look like together.

Posts: 6475 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Just checking in. I finished all of the blocks and the package is ready to go. Unfortunately, I overslept on Saturday and didn't get to the PO before it closed at 11am. I will put the package in the mail first thing on Monday, and since I'll be sending it Priority, it should be there by Wednesday with no problem. BTW, Priority Mail now includes the tracking number in the cost of the package.

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Lets have another roll call to see where everyone is with their blocks...

angelinamor - Mailing Monday

Coco Cathy - Ready to mail

lindaj52 - Mailing Monday

headielamar - Mailing Monday

kay-lin - Mailing Monday

Kentucky Sunshine - Mailed 5/8

iquiltalot - Mailed 5/10

coreysmom - Mailed 5/10

quiltaholic --------------------- Finished

gremgramma ----------------------- RECEIVED

KGinCA ---------------------------RECEIVED

pvillelou ------------------------ RECEIVED

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25668 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Checking in: I am machine-stitching. I made a variety of colors, and I made extras. I took pictures of some of them before I started stitching. If you see something that doesn't blend with the others, let me know and I will keep them for myself.

I still plan to mail on Monday.

Posts: 4371 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Those are gorgeous Kay-lin!

Posts: 25668 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want one of each lol. this looks like it will be some bright
utterflies. will be glad to see all the pretties.

Posts: 117 | Registered: Sep 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE colors! Can hardly wait...

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7396 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Mine are done. I am planning to put in the morning mail - priority.

Did you send a PM with your address? Do you have the same address as in the booklet from COF NC?

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Yes, the same address. If you need me to send it in a pm just let me know. If you have the booklet from COF 2011, then you have my correct address.

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
I have the booklet, thanks for confirming.

I am going to go print a priority mail label now!

P.S. I keep meaning to tell you that when you called Connie in CO about a month ago, but she couldn't talk because she had company. I was the company!!! I didn't know she was talking to you or I would have gotten on the phone too to say hello! What a small world!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: angelinamor,

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
She emailed me later to tell me you were there. it is a small world. Smile

Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Hi. Just got back from the post office. I sent the package Priority and expected delivery is Wednesday, 5/15. The DC# is 9505 5109 5591 3133 4180 32. Can't wait to get my butterflies back. Thanks for hosting this, Thearica!

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Tami... Your beautiful blocks arrived!

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post

headielamar - Mailing Monday

angelinamor - Mailed 5/13

kay-lin - Mailed 5/13

lindaj52 - Mailed 5/13

iquiltalot - Mailed 5/10

coreysmom ----------------------- RECEIVED

Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Kaylin, beautiful cheerful butterflies...

This is the butterfly that inspired the blocks I sent in...haven't got pics off camera yet

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Mine was mailed this morning.

Posts: 4371 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
I mailed mine too!

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies...

Headielamar.,. I replied to your pm... Please check it..

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Cathy... Did you get to mail when you asked for my address?

Kay-lin... Your blocks are here and you have outdone yourself with putting a smile on my face with these gifts. I will use them in my crazy quilting. I have been wanting to try beading something off of a block then add it to the block and these patterns will be perfect for that. Thank you so much!

headielamar - Mailing 5/14

angelinamor - Mailed 5/13

lindaj52 - Mailed 5/13

iquiltalot - Mailed 5/10

kay-lin ------------------------- RECEIVED

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Just checked USPS and it said

Your item was processed through and left our RALEIGH, NC 27676 facility on May 15, 2013 at 4:16 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Yay!

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I should get it tomorrow then unless it made it to my post office before the carriers left on their routes.

posted Hide Post
Kay-lin, your butterflies are darling! Thanks for posting pix!

Posts: 3408 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Tracking says mine is out for delivery to you.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
My mailbox overfloweth today!!!!!! 5 packages all at one time! Smile

Ladies... You all make me smile with these surprises in these packages. Thank you so very much! Everything is much appreciated and will be used and or loved very much!

As soon as I receive Kentucky Sunshine's blocks, I will get them sorted and mailed back out. Smile

Coco Cathy ----------------------- RECEIVED

headielamar ---------------------- RECEIVED

angelinamor ---------------------- RECEIVED

lindaj52 ------------------------ RECEIVED

iquiltalot ----------------------- RECEIVED

kay-lin ------------------------- RECEIVED

posted Hide Post
Awwwwww shucks, I so didn't wanna be the last one to hold things up,is why I meant to mail before the first, but my machine/s did not cooperate...

thinking my Janome is going to get traded in...it's the 2nd time I've had problems with it in as many months...thinking about an Elna? Not sure any ideas,ladies?

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Trish... Your gorgeous butterflies just flew in the house! Love that black and red!

You didn't send any postage so I guess you want me to Paypal invoice you once I mail?

I will get these sorted this weekend and in the mail next week. Hubbys truck is tore up so he is having to pull the plant wagon with mine so it might not be Monday when I get to go but definitely by Wednesday.

His truck is being towed to the shop and being worked on Monday. I told our mechanic we had to have it back by Tuesday night because I have to go pick up Ely at the airport on Wednesday. So if it takes him till then, I will mail on Wednesday when I go get Ely.

I will post when they are enroute with tracking numbers.

posted Hide Post
So happy they made it Q.
Thanks Q. I really liked how they turned out too, and it was nice making them as it reminded me of a special time with DH.
Sorry about the postage, I did forget, but have no more American money on hand, and Australian money would get you laughed at if you took it to the PO...so yes PayPal please Smile I'm just as happy as a pig in mud that they made it!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kentucky_Sunshine,

Picture of Northern Nana
posted Hide Post
where are the pics of the beautiful butterflies?

Posts: 122 | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any word on the progress of mailing?

Posts: 300 | Location: usa | Registered: Sep 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any word on when these are going out?

posted Hide Post
Has quiltaholic disappeared? I thought these were supposed to be mailed out earlier this week.

Posts: 300 | Location: usa | Registered: Sep 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
I'm actually a little concerned about quiltaholic. She is always such a great hostess and very good about keeping swappers informed. The last post I've seen from her was on Tuesday.

posted Hide Post
I'm not really concerned ladies, she stated above about mailing this past Wednesday, before picking up Ely, so I am assuming she is enjoying her company, and she may not have had time to swap, or they may be fluttering home as we type.

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder about ELY. I'm anxious to see all the butterflies but will not have time to work on them for a while so that is not a problem at all.

Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Thearica is in Fayetteville right now at a Quilt Symposium with Ely. She does not have any internet access. She'll be back on Monday.

Posts: 4610 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well hopefully she mailed them on Wednesday like she said she would. Excited to see them!

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Hi ladies... Sorry to leave you hanging for a few days but we got home a little while ago from quilt symposium. We were not told that there would be internet access so I did not take my laptop so I could not communicate with anyone.

The swappers who have swapped with me many times already know this so this is for those of you who this may be your first swap with me..

If I have plans coming up I always set my due dates around those dates, giving me time to sort, package, and run to the post office before the dates of my plans get too close.

The due date that I had for the blocks gave me time to get these took care of by the Friday and/or Saturday after the due date, a few days before Ely's arrival and giving me a few days to get everything I needed to have ready to go to symposium gathered up and packed. With some of the packages coming in late, I did not have the time to get them sorted, packaged, and run to the post office with all of the other things I had to do to get ready to go out of town.

I am sorry that you have had to wait a few extra days. Ely goes to the airport tomorrow evening at 4:15 and I will start getting these ready for the post office tomorrow night and finish up on Tuesday. If I finish in time before the post office closes, I will mail that afternoon... if not, I will mail on Wednesday.

Thank you for your patience. Smile

posted Hide Post
Just wondering if you've gotten your ducks in a row and managed to get the butterflies flying home yet?

Tami

posted Hide Post
Yes... it's Wednesday!!!

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
They are all packaged and will be heading your way tomorrow... Gonna be some pretty quilts. )

oops.. forgot to say... my ducks never stay in a row... Smile

posted Hide Post
Mine neither, lol. Pesky little things. Glad they will be flying home soon. Hope them ducks don't lead them astray......

Tami

Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to getting my blocks. I have a project in mind for them and I have border fabric standing by. As for the mailing concerns, when I read Q's post prior to Memorial Day, I read it that she would not be able to get the blocks into the mail until this past Wednesday (yesterday) to begin with. Since she is close to that date in mailing them, I fail to see what the big deal or concern is of some of the ladies. Thanks Q, for hosting this swap and sorry for any hassles that you may have received along the way.

LindaJ52

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much Linda. Smile

I am about to shower now and head out to town so your tracking numbers will be up in about dinnertime. Got to go for a doctors appt and for groceries later. Going by the post office beforehand.

Wasn't no sense in going to town 2 days in a row. K*ll 2 birds with one stone so to speak. They will definitely be worth the few extra days wait. Smile

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I have taken a photo of each persons blocks.. Those that had several different fabrics, have a collage and all of the blocks are not showing..

There will be one block showing of those who sent in all of the same fabrics in their butterflies...

These are the ones I made...

Quiltaholic

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
CoCo Cathy

Tracking Number: 9500110864253150604657

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Headielamar

Tracking Number: 9500110864253150603865

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Grem Gramma

Tracking Number: 9500110864253150603209

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
pvillelou

Tracking Number: 9500110864253150602417

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
iquiltalot

Tracking Number: 9500110864253150601649

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
kg in ca

Tracking Number: 9505510864253150600706