Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ♥ Old Fashioned Butterfly Block Swap ♥ PHOTOS & TRACKING #'s POSTED!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

♥ Old Fashioned Butterfly Block Swap ♥ PHOTOS & TRACKING #'s POSTED! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Beautiful butterfly, pville.

Posts: 4371 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
pvillelou... I received your gorgeous butterflies today! Thanks so much!

quiltaholic
headielamar
lindaj52
iquiltalot
coreysmom
gremgramma
Coco Cathy
angelinamor
kay-lin
KGinCA
Kentucky Sunshine
pvillelou ------ Received

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25668 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Lets have roll call to see where everyone is with their blocks...

quiltaholic - Have 3 butterflies finished, the others cut and ready

headielamar

lindaj52

iquiltalot

coreysmom

gremgramma

Coco Cathy

angelinamor

kay-lin

KGinCA

Kentucky Sunshine

pvillelou ------ Finished and Received by Q

Posts: 25668 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I have not done anything yet. Looks like it's going to be a rainy weekend so that will be perfect sewing weather.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about them, and keep changing my mind on fabrics Razz

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thnk I have 2or 3 cinpletely done.

Posts: 117 | Registered: Sep 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
I just finished the throw I have been working on. Now I can start on the butterflies...yea!!!

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7394 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Can you ask again on Monday? Smile

Posts: 4371 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still no progress on my blocks. Maybe this weekend.

Posts: 299 | Location: usa | Registered: Sep 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Lets have roll call to see where everyone is with their blocks...

quiltaholic - Have 3 butterflies finished, the others cut and ready

headielamar - checked in

lindaj52 - pieces are cut and about to begin the stitching

iquiltalot - checked in

coreysmom - Has 2 or 3 finished

gremgramma

Coco Cathy - checked in

angelinamor - checked in

kay-lin - checked in

KGinCA - about to start her blocks

Kentucky Sunshine - checked in

pvillelou ------ Finished and Received by Q[/quote]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

posted Hide Post
I've started fusing, none finished yet,but progress has been made Big Grin

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Hi, all. So far, I have my pieces cut out, but I have to wait until I get my check next week before I can buy my backing fabric. Then it will be full "steam" ahead to get the pieces bonded to the backing blocks and then I can start the blanket stitching. I'm still confident that I can get them all stitched and in the mail by the deadline. Smile I really like doing the blanket stitch by hand and am pretty fast at it, so no problem. Can't wait to get my blocks back, too. I plan on adding a few more blocks (that I'm making) and some stripping to make a twin size quilt.

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies..

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Sorry for not checking in sooner.

I got distracted with my challenge project for COF2013, so haven't sewed any more of my butterflies. Still have the 3 done and all the parts cut out.

I hope to get back to my butterflies soon!

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
I have been working alot of overtime at work and too bushed to think about sewing, I keep looking at my pattern & fabrics... thinking i gotta get to that ... Maybe tonight I can start...

Posts: 2943 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies for checking in.

Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
I got tired of cutting pieces & decided to move on to fusing them to the background fabric. While I loved the color choices when the fabrics were side-by-side, my top wing piece is too light so I am trying other fabrics to switch to. The problem wasn't apparent with the paper still on the back of the light piece. Bummer. I will continue after I buy more of the "fusion" sheets today.

Posts: 7394 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
KG... That is great that you are paying attention to details like that and not just going ahead and using it because it was already cut. That shows you want to send in blocks made in a way you would want to receive them back. Great swapping etiquette! Smile

posted Hide Post
I am sorry to have not been to roll call for so long. I have sad tales but on the good side I have 2 done and the rest ready to cut, adhere and sew down. Sis is having back surgery next week so I will have plenty of sitting time to blanket stitch. What I don't get done I will machine sew when I get home. Catherine

Posts: 215 | Registered: Aug 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
I now have them in all stages of completion...10 fused, 2 completely stitched, 4 partially stitched, etc. Even on the machine the stitching is slow going! I am doing my best to keep the middle from being too busy with stitches.

To the top!

posted Hide Post
I have been busy stitching. I have have done. And one I did by hand. Can you say out of practice. I have picked some of ythe stitching out and will try to complete them with the machine. I hope to get them done this week.

Tami

Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
I am sure it is right in front of my face, but I did not see it... how many strands of thread do we use for the black thread..? thanks,

Posts: 2943 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
If you are using regular dmc floss, I would only use 2 strands.

Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
thanks

Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
I now have 10 completely stitched!!!

This morning my machine completely froze up...needle wouldn't budge, and the machine wouldn't "reboot" to put the needle in the right place. DH went on the internet, watched a few videos, and took the lower part apart. The was a jam behind the whole bobbin apparatus. Taking all of those pieces apart was too scary for me. Just 2 more to go now that the machine is working again.

posted Hide Post
All blocks assembled. Just working on the machine blanket stitch now. I have some extra time off during the next week. Expect to mail mine on May 6th or 7th.

Posts: 299 | Location: usa | Registered: Sep 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I have finally started mine. I am sure I will get them done within the next week.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm working away at mine. I changed machines because I didn't like the looks of the stitch I was getting. I also took out stitching on several blocks so I'm playing catchup. I hopeto be done by the end of the week.

posted Hide Post
I have not checked in since we started! But here I am Have had family troubles and now I am going to hide out and work on butterfly blocks. I have all of them fused and 2 machine stitched down. Really did not like my hand stitching so I will make another and machine sew it as well. Be ready to mail next week.

posted Hide Post
Did I miss the post with the address to mail finished blocks to? I am expecting to be ready to mail Monday or Tuesday and need the address.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
iquiltalot... Private information is not put out here on the forum like that... Once you are definitely ready to mail, pm me for my address.

posted Hide Post
OK! I am finished! Ready to mail. Will pm you Q.

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
I have 10 done. Will probably get the last 2 stitched this weekend and will mail out next week.

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My blocks are completed and I"m definately ready to mail. Will PM for the secret address!!

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
It isn't a secret... I just don't put it on the open forum for all of the spammers who lurk here....

posted Hide Post
Will there be a fashion show here once the butterflies are all completed?

Posts: 3408 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
If I have time I will make photos of everyones. if not, hopefully everyone who makes them will post photos once they are back.

Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
Mine are in the mail, and I cannot believe that I didn't take pictures...

Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
LOL. I just came to the site to look for this to check in. My blocks are all fused and blanket stitching has commenced (about to start the 2nd block). I would have started the stitching yesterday, but the Bulls/Heat game was pretty intense and I couldn't miss that. (The good guys won, of course.) My plan is to have them all finished and in the mail by Saturday. Smile

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Catherine.. Your blocks arrived today! I love that top block! pink and black!!

Lets have another roll call to see where everyone is with their blocks...

quiltaholic - Have all but 2 finished

headielamar - checked in

lindaj52 - working on the stitching

iquiltalot - Ready to mail 5/8

coreysmom - Has 2 or 3 finished

gremgramma ----------------------- RECEIVED

Coco Cathy - checked in

angelinamor - Have 10 done

kay-lin - checked in

KGinCA - mailed to Q 5/7

Kentucky Sunshine - checked in

pvillelou ------------------------ RECEIVED

posted Hide Post
my blocks will be in the mail in the morning.
tami

posted Hide Post
My blocks went in the mail this morning, sorry I didn't get them mailed sooner, hope they make a speedy trip and don't hold up the swap...I flipped and flopped between fabrics, then finally settled on something that reminded me of a crimson butterfly I once saw in an Aviary, on my first excursion with DH...I was just in awe of the red and black colors, but the blue ones seemed to love me they were lighting in my hair and on my shoulders Smile

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
awesome ladies. Smile

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I will not be mailing until Monday but I will make sure they get there in time.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
KGinCA .. Your blocks arrived today! I love that batik you sent to me!! Thank you ever so much!

quiltaholic - Have all but 2 finished

headielamar - Mailing Monday

iquiltalot - Mailed 5/10

coreysmom - Ready to mail 5/8

Coco Cathy - checked in

kay-lin - checked in

KGinCA ---------------------------RECEIVED

Kentucky Sunshine - Mailed 5/8

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
I've got the fusing done and I'm working the blanket stitching. I plan on mailing on Monday. They will arrive by Wednesday.

Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
Quiltaholic i sent you a p.m. thanks, Cathy

posted Hide Post
Mine have been mailed. Smile

posted Hide Post
mine have been mailed. and should arrive at your house on monday

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post

Coco Cathy - Ready to mail

headielamar - Mailing Monday

kay-lin - Mailing Monday

Kentucky Sunshine - Mailed 5/8

iquiltalot - Mailed 5/10

coreysmom - Mailed 5/10

quiltaholic --------------------- Finished

KGinCA ---------------------------RECEIVED