Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Any interest in 12 Day of Christmas swap? - SIGNUPS CLOSED
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any interest in 12 Day of Christmas swap? - SIGNUPS CLOSED Sign In/Join 
Picture of angelinamor
posted
This has been one of my favorite swaps over the years, and I think I remember that Quilter Chris said that she wouldn't be able to host this year.

So, I am wondering if there is an interest in continuing with this swap? We would need to have at least 12 people. I would need to receive the items before Thanksgiving so that I can get them swapped and sent out in early Dec.

I would prefer to receive the pkgs from you NO EARLIER THAN 15 Sept and please ship NO LATER THAN 20 Nov. But if you need to mail them sooner, please send me a PM and we can coordinate an earlier time. I will be out of town a few weekends and I wouldn't want your pkg to arrive while I am away from home.

Your cost for this swap is the cost to make the 12 items, postage to mail to me and return postage for me to mail to you. I am thinking about limiting return postage to the size of a medium flat rate box. Between the 2 box sizes I think all items should fit. The cost to Click-n-Ship a medium flat rate box is $11.30 so please send that amount to me along with your wrapped gifts.

Also, I added a 13th slot on the list, so that we wouldn't get our own gifts back. Once we have enough signups I'll ask you to PM me your name/address/phone. This will be so that I have your return addresses for mailing labels and phone numbers in case I need to check your status. Thanks to those who have already sent PMs.

Since it looks like this swap will be a go, I'll take signups until Sept 1st. Please send me a PM as requested above if you haven't already.

Thanks!

Interested folks:
1. Angelinamor
2. motqltr Smile
3. PatV82 Smile
4. Fishingwidow Smile
5. lindaj52 Smile
6. 5bells Smile
7. Happy Erme Smile
8. LisaTX Smile
9. KaylaQuilts Smile
10. justaquiltin' Smile
11. EBGQ Smile
12. elsie123 Smile
13. nancyc20 Smile
14. LanaR Smile
15. Lilac Sue Smile
16. KarrieLynn Smile
17. ELY/SYSSY Smile
18. KBlue Smile
19. BruinsFan Smile
20. joyfulsewer
21. thimble lady Smile
22. crazy'boutquilts Smile
23. gemsq Smile
24. DJillM Smile
25. toryam Smile

Smile PM received with address info

This message has been edited. Last edited by: angelinamor,

Posts: 653 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I am very interested. Was hoping someone would host cuz I'm not organized enough to host. I can mail by Thanksgiving...might get me to mail items to family early too.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3644 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
motqltr,
Thanks for starting this off. Let's hope we can get another 10 folks to join in!

Posts: 653 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Yep, count me in. Really enjoyed it last year.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 489 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Thanks, PatV82! I added you to the list.

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
So what would be involved?

Posts: 974 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list. This is fishigwidow replying from Angelinamor's home. Here visiting but will be going home on Tuesday.

Sue, Ang will get back on with her rules. But everyone makes 12 gifts and sends them to her. She sorts ands sends back 12 to each participant. Then 12 days before Chr*stmas, you start, you opEN one each day. And you will sennd money for the return postage. She will explain it more fully.

Mary

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Sue Stitches,

So you will make 12 little gifts, wrap them and tag them from you. (Most people make 12 of the same item but you don't have to.) You will mail them to me and I will send you back 12 different wrapped items that others have made. We will open 1 gift per day beginning on 13 Dec and ending on 24 Dec - hence, the 12 days of Christmas.

The items do not have to be sewing crafts or Christmas related. Some items made in the past: 10 min mini table runner, wall hanging, coasters, necklace, ear rings, pincushion, notecards, covered notebook, desk calendar, nightlight, ornament, decorated candle, scarf, totebag, pot holder, luggage tag.

We request that you make something more than a yoyo pin, for example, so that the exchanges are more equal.

I hope you will consider joining the group! It's a lot of fun to see (and receive!) all the clever gift items.

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Here's a "before" shot with all my 12 gifts waiting their turn. Included were pincushions, kleenex box cover, cupkeeper from Simplicity pattern, beaded bracelet, and so many cute things.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Posts: 489 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Thanks, PatV82!

I looked around on my computer yesterday for some photos to post but couldn't find any.

I see that you got one of my pincushion yoyos because I recognize the black/white box I wrapped them in! Wink

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Thanks! It sounds like fun. I just need to figure out what I could do.

Posts: 974 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of justaquiltin'
posted Hide Post
My experience last year was not good. I only received 11 gifts, was promised the 12th but never received it. The box smelled like smoke which I don't like.
The previous swaps have been nothing but wonderful with gifts that I still used.
Will let you know in the next few days if I will try again this year.

Posts: 277 | Location: , | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to join in the 12 day of Christmas swap

Posts: 313 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thimble lady
posted Hide Post
Justa, My experience was about the same last year. I hope this year will be different. Im thinking it over too.

Posts: 3681 | Location: Auburn, Alabama | Registered: Jul 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Never done this before. Thinking about it.

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8927 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PawstoEnjoy
posted Hide Post
This will be such fun...Please add me in Smile

Posts: 342 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a fun swap but I will not be doing it since I am a smoker and like to not expose people to the smell just in case they find it bothers them or they have allergies. Have fun with the exchange

Posts: 581 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list. I love this swap. Will PM you with my info shortly.

LindaJ52

Posts: 2394 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
lindaj52, PawstoEnjoy, and 5 bells - Welcome aboard!

Sue Stitches, I couldn't tell if you are signing up or still thinking about your gifts before you decide. Just let me know.

justaquiltin' and thimble lady, I am sorry about your experience last year. I feel that I am a pretty organized person and can coordinate the exchange of gifts in a timely manner provided I receive the items from participants by the time requested. This is the first time I will have hosted an exchange of this size but I was a senior girl scout troop leader for many years and we planned & cooked meals for a camp of 180 girls, so I have some experience at a grand level. Also, my husband and I are non-smokers so that won't be an issue.

I hope others will decide to join in on the fun!

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I want to join in. Smile

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3175 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Yay, Erma!

Picture of justaquiltin'
posted Hide Post
I was also contacted about the 13th present that I felt it was a requirement not a gift. I always make extra in case I forgot somebody, so I had no problem with the extra.

I will do again this year.

Could I have all the requirement up front and let me know where the extra money went.

Posts: 277 | Location: , | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Okay I am in! I don't smoke, can count and trust scouts so this should be fun.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I was so excited to participate last year as it was my first time but as others have stated was disappointed in the outcome so really had to think about doing this again.

Angelinamore you have convinced my to give it another try who wouldn't trust a former Troop Leader

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 764 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Ladies,

Thanks for reconsidering and joining the swap!

posted Hide Post
angelinamor I sent you a PM.

Posts: 313 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
5bells and justaquiltin', I received your PMs. Thanks!

Spread the word to others. We are looking for at least one more person to join this swap!

posted Hide Post
Not this year. Feeling swamped with job applications, dealing with neighbors, etc. last year I already had started my gifts and simply don't have the time today.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
ok, I am in if there is still room - I too am giving this another try, the last time several gifts were obviously from the $ store with no thought

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
I'm in again, I think this will be my 4th time around. I've had a good time with it each year, and the gifts have been creative. I will send you a PM.

Posts: 1424 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I'd like to do it, if there is enough room.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nancyc20,

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8927 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Quilter Jen, sorry you have so much going on. I hope you have time for a little bit of sewing/crafting for yourself!

EBGQ, Elsie123 and nancyc20, yes there is enough room for you all! We needed at least 13 but more is better.

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple questions and I checked on postage rates.

The cost to Click-n-Ship a medium flat rate box is $11.30 so please send that amount to me along with your wrapped gifts. The post office is on my way to work so I will start collecting boxes.

You only need to make/send 12 gifts. I don't know what the 13th gift was for in the past, but I think it will be simpler to just keep it at 12. Send 12, receive 12, celebrate 12 days.

I would prefer to receive the pkgs from you no earlier than 15 Sept. But, if you need to mail them to me sooner, please send me a PM and we can coordinate an earlier time. I will be out of town a few weekends and I wouldn't want your pkg to arrive then.

Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
This might be the year I can do this again. I don't think I have participated since Woody's Shadow, I believe, was organizing it...

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7532 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Ang, just wanted to let you know that you can go on the USPS site and request that they deliver boxes to you. There is no charge and you can request the number and size that you need and they come right to you. Smile

Posts: 5060 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
KG in CA, let me know what you decide. You have until the 1st of Sept to make up your mind.

LisaTX, thanks for the USPS tip. I did order the flat rate padded envelopes once but didn't think of ordering boxes!

posted Hide Post
I have not been on for awhile and I got on this a.m. and scrolled down and saw this. I was surprised to see it. I am definitely in!

Posts: 664 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Yay, LanaR! I was hoping you'd see this thread soon because I know you've participated in this swap over the years. I have several of your creations!

posted Hide Post
private message just sent.

Posts: 172 | Location: Lombard, IL USA | Registered: Sep 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of justaquiltin'
posted Hide Post
Pat, I see you got one of my pincushions. Hope you are using it.

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Thank you for hosting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: motqltr,

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3644 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Justaquiltin - You bet I'm using it!! I have pincushions all over my studio, including my scrapbooking area.

I freaked just alittle when I saw the September date for mailing. (I'm in the middle of moving - Going Places mugrug to finish plus several large horse blankets needing repair.) Then I saw the word "after". Last year I squeaked by getting mine mailed right next to the deadline - so fast that I forgot to take a photo. I have already changed my mind several times as to what I will be making.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Did you get my PM? I don't see a smiley face.

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Sorry ladies.

The last few times I checked this thread there were no new posts and it had moved to page 2. Then I got busy with the Colorado Shop hop last weekend and wasn't online.

Sue Stitches, I did receive your PM and responded. I also updated the smiley face.

LilacSue, I received your PM and question. You can still join (there's no limit to the # of participants) so I added you and your friend to the list.

I have determined what I am going to make for the swap and have started collecting the items to make and assemble. Fun! Fun! Fun!

posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to this swap. I am starting to collect things to start making them to be ready when we are sending them out.

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Bumping this up and testing out my avatar. My ladybug disappeared a while back and I can't seem to get a new one to work properly.

*Edited to add: Of course, it is working now. Guess it didn't like the custom picture that I was trying to add. Glad that I was able to get it fixed. Smile

Posts: 5060 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
I still don't have a smiley face although I pm'd

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
EBGQ,

Please include your address in the PM. It's so that I can get them all typed into my USPS address book for when I create the mailing labels and click-n-ship.

Thanks!

(Then you'll get your smiley face - I promise!) Smile

Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
ANGI I SENT YOU A PM
HUGS ELY

Posts: 1783 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Welcome shoppers!... I mean SWAPPERS!

I received addys from EBGQ and Nancyc20 - thanks!
And ELY/SYSSY decided to join in the fun too - yay!

I hope you are all working on your gifts or working on IDEAS for your gifts. My progress is going slow... still collecting supplies but haven't put anything together yet.

Remember, please don't ship to me until AFTER Sept 15th. And after checking the calendar, please ship NO LATER THAN Nov 20th. This way you'll get the gifties out of your way before your Thanksgiving prep and I'll receive them before Thanksgiving to sort/divide/ship the week following.

Lastly, please don't post any pics now with your creations - we want to keep them a surprise. Geez! It's going to be hard to wait all the way until December! Wink

Happy crafting!!!