Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Pin Cushion PICS ~ CLOSED ... swapping's up!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pin Cushion PICS ~ CLOSED ... swapping's up! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Omma5
posted Hide Post
I think I may give this a try too if you don't mind. Been a while since I've done a swap. Smile I will pm you my info.

Would it be too much to ask people to include instructions on how to make the ones they submit? From what I've seen, I'd love to be able to make some of these....

Thanks....Smile

Posts: 4223 | Location: New York | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Omma... do you remember the felt like wool one you did with the beautiful apple on it the last swap you did that you sent to me? I use it everyday down in my quilting studio. I love that!

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25674 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evelyn, those frogs are too cute!

Posts: 1078 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Omma5
posted Hide Post
I do remember that, Quiltaholic! I'm glad you love and use it! I use mine too I got in that swap...but now 2 of my DGD's are sewing (YEA!!!) and they can use some too. lol

Posts: 4223 | Location: New York | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EvelynB ~ I love the hats!

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Both the hats and the frogs are so adorable! I think I am going back to the drawing board.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
You have a new player! I'll PM you the info.

Posts: 9467 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
Frogs are really cute some of us weren't in last swap so please love the frogs. lol

" Prayer is for the soul what nourishments is for the body."

Posts: 866 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
The frogs are not exactly the same. So why not use them? They are cute! I love them.

Posts: 486 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
You gals are so sweet! I love these swaps and don't want to disappoint. When I told my DH I was starting over again he thought it was hilarious that I had my own gaggle of frogs. Gaggle? Swarm? Herd? I do love them all since I've got them finished. There's so many cute ideas out there. Those roses are amazing! I can't wait to see what I get in return. I've already cleared off a shelf for them.

Posts: 7035 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
A group of frogs is called a bundle, a chorus, or a colony. A group of adult frogs is called an army. A group of baby frogs (tadpoles) is called a tadpool. A group of toads is called a knot. Don't you LOVE the Internet???

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I want you to know, I'm doing this because of the FROGS!

Posts: 9467 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
You make me smile! Wouldn't it be fun to have ten different frogs? I have some more cute dotted fabric and was thinking to try it too. Ribbet, Reba!

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
oh my gosh!! I LOVE those frogs Evelyn!! If I don't wind up with one we might just have to do a one on one swap. Smile

Marie has started her pincushions and we are having a sew in on Tuesday to work on ours together.

Posts: 25674 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
LOL, yep ladies, those frogs are too cute...a funny story about me and my best friend back in KY...we were both seperated and in the midst of divorces being final...and were hanging out @ her house on her grandparents farm...while helping her weed her flower bed...she picked up her "frog" sprinkler and said "wonder if my prince charming will come long if I kiss a frog...I giggled and snapped a photo...turned out to be a beautiful fairytale like pic...but I laughed and thought to heck with kissing one, with my luck I better kiss it and lick it...(I'm crazy like that) and I did for good measure... I met my DH shortly after that, he has been such a joy and loves my funny quirks Razz Wish I had a photo of me on that day...lol

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
That's an amazing photo! You should enlarge it, frame it, and send it to her. Purple frog? So fun!

posted Hide Post
EVELYN B ~ those frogs are ADORABLE!!! You don't have to make anything more ... send some frogs, send some bonnets... they are both adorable. And I just posted the frogs from 3 years ago cause they are cute, and inspiring. I say KEEP the frogs! Big Grin No one would mind having more than 1 frog IF they got one last time. You're so creative!!! Have fun with this Big Grin

We have some new swappers join in the fun!

Omma5
Auntie Reba
Scottia

Big Grin Glad y'all are joining in on the fun! Big Grin

Anyone else?? Wave

and then ... here's a cutie I received ... and I'M GLAD I have more than one Big Grin

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
Good Grief !!! This is my first pin cushion swap amd after seeing all of these VERY cute ones that have been posted, I am, to say the least, a wee bit intimidated. I'll do my best, ladies----

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1019 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Thank you, SavedSinnr. I thought the frogs you showed were from current participants. Love the colors on that chicken.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EvelynB,

Picture of Heartmania
posted Hide Post
You ladies are so clever I love all the pincushions pictured. Evelyn B the frogs are adorable they are a keeper.

Posts: 490 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
My mom loved frogs--may have to join just in hopes of getting a frog of my own Smile.

I have several commitments, but am planning better than before, so I should be able to make some pincushions too. Just love my pincushion collection to this point.

DD#1 has some pet water frogs. She is trying to train them Cool.

Posts: 5028 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EvelynB:
Thank you, SavedSinnr. I thought the frogs you showed were from current participants. Love the colors on that chicken. Here's some I made a couple of years ago for gifts for a small quilt group. My cat won't leave mine alone so it stays in a cabinet. So sad and aloneFrown

yes, all the pics I'm posting are from past swaps ... none received here yet, and I won't post any pics from this year til after sign-ups close Smile

awwwww ... Elaine ... I feel so SORRY for those beautiful chickens! They look like Mardi Gras chickens to me ... ready to party... they just need some friends to hang out with Big Grin

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pegsami - I'm new too and like you very intimidated with all the great talent and creativity these ladies have. Funny, I keep changing my mind on what a good pincushion would be - I guess the one that is completed would be good, LOL. Now if only I can commit on one, :-) Blessings!

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well... you know what they say ... sometimes beauty is in the simple design. These are some of my favorites, but not complicated on the design ... see? There's something for everybody... and who wouldn't love one of these beauties? Big Grin

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
What precious hearts! They do make me smile! My favorite pincushion is one made by a friend. It's a nice 4 patch and is overly stuffed. The colors are great and it's so handy to have by my side.

Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
Have a question, SS--does each one we send in have to be the same or is it a "mix & match" if we want it to be ???

OK, Luv2---we'll just do the best we can for the group!!!

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1019 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Frogs and chickens...

How about rabbits?

I made this one for Nicki in a blog group we belong to.. Do ya'll like him?.. or her?

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
My goodness, Quiltaholic! That's absolutely amazing! You asked about a one on one swap for a frog. I think that precious rabbit is worth multiple frogs. You always do such astonishing work. I think you deserve the blue ribbon for pin cushions. I cleared off a shelf for my pin cushions but after seeing so many cute ones I now want to get a better display case.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Thanks Evelyn.. I was rathered excited with how this one turned out. There are other animal babies in the same pattern line and I think I am going to buy all of the patterns. lol

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
That bunny is so cute, but I wouldn't want to stick a pin in him/her. The pins would have to go into the area around the bunny Smile.

Posts: 5028 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
oh it wouldn't hurt him... He is made of wool... He has the cutest little butt... lol

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pegsami:
Have a question, SS--does each one we send in have to be the same or is it a "mix & match" if we want it to be ???

OK, Luv2---we'll just do the best we can for the group!!!

In the past some have sent all the same, but I have always sent an assortment...I'm having trouble getting motivated in this heat Razz I'm melting!!! 107 here today...I wanna come and sew in the snow...lol

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for covering for me gals ... I was playing with Jenny today Smile

You can send in whatever you feel creative about, with a limit of 10 to swap Smile

I love the bunnies too Q ... and KY Sunshine ... you poor thing ... come on over and sew with me and Jenny ... altho I did sell Crazy's bed, I can work something out for ya, and I'll put you in the back bedroom where it's nice and cool Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Lindsay, your backroom sounds awesome...COOL...I have an airbed that is really comfy and it travels well...we always take it along with us to Perth when I visit my sewing buddy or to my BIL's beach house...I've decided during the summer months I'm not going to the beach again,spent 1.5 hrs on the beach on New Years day with the kids and was delighted when the men came home from fishing and rang to say they needed help with dinner...I voluntered and left Caleb to play with his cousins with his aunties...in the 1.5 hrs that I was there, with several layers of sunscreen and sitting under an umbrella with a nice sunhat and my sunnies on, I was still a red lobster and teased repeatedly at dinner Razz

I need to go in search of a good sunhat pattern with a nice wide brim...cotton would be so much more comfy than the one I have Razz

Hoping to work on a pincushion or two tomorrow, it's looking like another sweltering day!

posted Hide Post
sorry you're roasting KS ~ wishing you cool days and finding some fabric where you won't sweat Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I'm jumping in. Savedsinnr, I sent you a pm. I made one today that I like so I'll be making these. This is going to be so much fun!

posted Hide Post
WOO HOO! We're up to 27 swappers!

I'm SEW GLAD to see all the fun gals willing to make this their swap! It's gonna be way fun!!! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
ttt

Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
saved sinner, I want to play, just got a neat pin cushion pattern!!

I cannot pm you for some reason, but will try again!

It won't even let me add you to my member to invite?.....do you want to try pming me? Or do you have my contact info?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sprmom,

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will PM you sprmom ... maybe you're putting an "e" in the sinnr part? and yes, I will need your info ... sew GLAD you're joining in the fun! Big Grin

Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
OMG just checking out the post and saw the new avatar and would you beleive im sitting here putting wings on a speckled hen like the new avatar. I can't beleive it!!excuse my messy desk top im busy sewing lol

Posts: 866 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
all my ducks in a row??

Picture of Omma5
posted Hide Post
oh my goodness! The pictures here are awesome and inspirational!! If mine onlyturn out 1/2 as nice as these I'll be happy... These are awesome!! I'm evidently not as talented as most of you....but I'm giving it my best effort! lol

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Look at this lovely long list of pincushion tutorials:
http://thedomesticdiva.wordpre...tsewing-pincushions/

Picture of Heartmania
posted Hide Post
Q I love the bunny he or she is just to cute. The ducks are adorable also. I am really looking forward to this swap.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Heartmania,

Posts: 490 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
love those ducks!!! Too cute....

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Here's a cute pincushion/dust bunny pattern.
http://buzzingandbumbling.blog...t-bunnys-cousin.html

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

Your swap looks great - So many fun and lovely pincushions. I would love to play. I've just started one using English paper piecing. Can't find the PM button on top though, at least with my IPAD.

"Inside every Girl Gone Wild is a quilt loving grandma waiting to come out" - Gabriel Rutledge

Posts: 548 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WBig GrinW these are cute! y'all are getting some good inspiration going ... here's some more from one of our past swaps ... just to keep ya thinking Smile

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2...pieces.html/img_2504

This turtle would be precious as a pincushion. Looks pretty easy too.