Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Pin Cushion PICS ~ CLOSED ... swapping's up!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pin Cushion PICS ~ CLOSED ... swapping's up! Sign In/Join 
Picture of ohsocrafty
posted Hide Post
WOW! All you ladies are so talented. I love all of your pincushion creations!

Posts: 94 | Location: Australia | Registered: Jul 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of asimplelife
posted Hide Post
I've been missing all the fun... caught up with the thread and just love all the pics! Here is my set of 6 that will be sent via Priority Mail tomorrow AM. I thought I was done & ready to mail today - then realized I hadn't labeled them and I used the black fabric for background so I couldn't just sign them (rats!).

I used a tutorial I found at http://veryberryhandmade.co.uk...orial/#comment-21518 to make mine. I make my strips 1/4" wider so mine finished at 4.5" instead of 3".

Posts: 1141 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: Apr 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I mailled off a box w/ my pin cushions today!! Big Grin

I sent 8...finished this cute 'berry pie' today...& wanted to make more but I could'nt find the metal molds cause the place where I got it didnt' have any more and I was told they wouldn't be carrying them again! Frown

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Along w/ the 6 mini thread catchers & the berry pie, I sent this cute kitty!! I've had it for some time {bought at a garage sale}and wanted to make it into a pin cushion but wasn't motivated until this swap. {sometime ago I made Quiltaholic a 'pig' similar to it}...it's wrapped in bubble wrap and should be find going thru the mail!

Lindsay, IF you need the delivery confirmation # let me know...

I can't wait to see what cuties, I get back!! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Those are ALL SEW VERY CUTE!!! Can't wait to see them in person Smile

These cuties are from Gracie/Ohio ... Thanks Grace... they are beautiful ! Big Grin

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These blocks are from our Crazy friend, CBQ ... and they will handle more than pins Smile

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
So awesome! love them Smile

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7022 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7022 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
LINDSAY MY WHEN OUT ON SATURDAY NIGHT.
HOPE YOU LIKE THEM AND I SENT 11 ONE IS FOR YOU.
HUGS ELY

Posts: 1776 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ely Smile I will be updating and posting pics this morning ... but for some reason, DHoney is bringing up laundry Eek Some April fools joke Big Grin

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I should have sent you a message last week. No pin cushions for me this time Frown. I have a number of components ready, but couldn't get them put together between the quilt for Jean and the row robin.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of what everyone made. The ones shared so far have been great!

Posts: 5025 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey y'all ... I have PICTURES!!! Cool

ok ... first up, here's the beauties from Heartmania Smile Like these lots Big Grin

I don't know why they have a blue tint to them, unless the "peep fog" is still hanging on ... but these are adorable! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
These cuties are from AsimpleLife Smile LOVE the fabric line Big Grin

posted Hide Post
These cuties are from JBeanier ... Jill, I LOVE the trailer! Big Grin Big Grin It reminds me of one of my favorite movies ... the long trailer with Lucy & Desi Big Grin How creative! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
These sweet cushions are from LindaJ52 ... I really like the added embellishments Big Grin

posted Hide Post
These sweet ones are from our buddy SewLove2Quilt! Lynne... I LOVE these little mini thread catchers! Easy to take on the go Big Grin

posted Hide Post
These crafty-licious pc's are from the Crafty one, Shauna's Crafty Quilter ... how she comes up with these, i'll never know... but they are CUTE! Big Grin

Makes me want to get a real burger Big Grin

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Hey Lindsay.. I had a light bulb moment just about 15 minutes ago. My sister went home and after she did, I have been mellowed out to the extent, I forgot to get mine finished and sent... I should have put me a note on the computer screen. I am so very sorry... Call me a dud this time around.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25648 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Q, that you and Lisa TX are gonna miss out on the fun! Frown There are SUCH CREATIVE pin cushions... can't wait til everyone gets theirs and sees all the cute and clever being turned in. Big Grin

Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Lots of cuties!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9376 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I know Lindsay... I was so mad at myself when I realized I had forgot.. MY mind is not sharp as it used to be.. and I just called you the other day.. That is how quick I forget. agghhh

Posts: 25648 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm playing with pin cushions today Smile Getting them all set out together and going thru each one again really makes me smile Big Grin We have some mighty talented gals who decided to play Big Grin I hope everyone likes what they receive Big Grin

Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
LINDSEY DID YOU GET MY I DID NOT SEE THE POST ABOUT IT.
I WILL BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU SENT ALL OF THEM ARE SO BEAUTIFUL
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS
HUGS ELY

Posts: 1776 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16493 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew&Sew
posted Hide Post
Wow! Just looking at all the pin cushions is such fun. Can't wait to get mine in the mail!! Thanks!

Lindy in NC

Posts: 29 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
SavedSinnr: Received the package in the mail today and also the next Row Robin so I got a double bonus! Darling pincushions!! Honestly I didn't want any extra change: you could have bought a cup of coffee-well a half/cup. Smile Thanks so much for hosting!

Posts: 9458 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Got my Pincushion this afternoon. An Owl made by Q's friend Marie. I just love it. I remember seeing the picture of her owl's. It's already inuse. Thank You so much Marie.

Posts: 4365 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
What?! Y'all are getting pincushions already? C'mon mailman!! Hurry to my house! Smile

Posts: 10447 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So envious! lol

Picture of llcp48
posted Hide Post
I so wish I could have got my pin cushions done. There are so many pretty ones. I am jealous of all of you...lol Maybe next time... Great work ladies..

Hugs,
Linda

Posts: 530 | Registered: Aug 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
some went out Thurs, some went out Fri ... Precious came yesterday, so that was out... but the rest will be mailed tomorrow Big Grin Hope y'all like everything... there are some ADORABLE pin cushions! y'all did GOOOOOOOOD!!! Wave

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
I decided I just have to share my great pincushion!

Picture of asimplelife
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today and I love them! Thanks so much to savedsinnr for hosting and everyone who contributed to a very fun swap.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: Apr 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
My pincushions arrived!! Smile

and I realized I forgot to sign mine. so sorry But y'all do know mine, right? The cube with the cushion on top and elastic around the middle to hold your ripper and pencils. Wink

Thanks Chicky for the fun swap! And thanks to everyone for the fun cushions!! Wave

Posts: 10447 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shauna's crafty quilter
posted Hide Post
Dang!! Mine aren't here yet! Frown Pictures please!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!!"

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anxiously waiting for mine to arrive! thanks Lindsey for doing this swap

Posts: 1075 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
Got mine today ty all for making such cute ones love each and every one ty savesinner for doing this swap.
Edna

" Prayer is for the soul what nourishments is for the body."

Posts: 865 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
LINDSEY I GET MY TODAY. THANK YOU FOR A BEAUTIFUL SWAP AND I LOVE YOUR PINCUSHING.
I WANT TO THANK AVERY LADIE HERE. ALL OF YOU HAVE DONE BEAUTIFUL PINCHUSHING.
HUGS ELY

Picture of Gracie/ohio
posted Hide Post
I Bow down to all. What a great swap. I am still smiling all day with my goodies. Love this swap. Thank you... Smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gracieaohio/sets/
http://sewngracefully.blogspot.com/

You've reached middle age when all you exercise is caution.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Under my pile of UFO's | Registered: Mar 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Marie brought her box of pretties over today...

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Please tell Marie how much I love my pincushion and it's already in use!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quiltaholic:
Marie brought her box of pretties over today...

AND ??? ...

did she say she liked them?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SavedSinnr,

Picture of Heartmania
posted Hide Post
I received mine today. Thank you all for the great pincushions. They are just beautiful. So many talented quilters.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Heartmania,

Posts: 490 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
PatriciaAnne & I mailed together & I got the box in the mail today. I took it to work with me & we spent part of our dinner break oohing & aahing over them.

Here's the batch that I got to keep Big Grin Big Grin

Loved 'em all...thanks everyone!!

Posts: 4574 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
YEAHH!! I got my pincushion today!! LOVE them all! I told my friend at work that I'd give her 1...but it's gonna be tough to part w/ any cause I want to keep all of them!! Maybe I could just 'forget' to tell that I got them...teeheehee!

THANKS for all your hard work sorting them out, Lindsay!! {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Sewluv2quilt,
Bet there's a tomato pincushion in your cupboard that you could give to your friend. LOL

I got mine in the mail today too. These are so much cuter in person than the photos. I can't wait to show them off to my small quilt group when they come over Tuesday. It's such a treasure trove! I now want a special display case for them. There's a big arts show for the city and I have a goal! Thank you to everyone for doing such beautiful work. I'm ready for another swapWink

Posts: 7011 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shauna's crafty quilter
posted Hide Post
Hoping to see more pics!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!!"

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Omma5
posted Hide Post
Received my treasures today....love them all! Thank you all....

Posts: 4223 | Location: New York | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Yes she did.. and she shared one with me. and another lady who had come for a sew in.. So she still has 8 and we both have 1 new one a piece... actually the other lady was a new quilter and didn't have a pin cushion... so now she does..

Marie gave me the one that was tied up at the top...kind of like a heart with embroidery on it... That was so pretty...

Marie's favorite was the hamburger... that was way cool!

She loved them all though.. Smile

Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
got mine yesterday, but had the baby all day!

love them all, thank you to everyone, & especially SS!!!

My camera needs charged and I can't find the charger!! Will try to find it today and post!

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post