Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Pin Cushion PICS ~ CLOSED ... swapping's up!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pin Cushion PICS ~ CLOSED ... swapping's up! Sign In/Join 
Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
haven't started my mine, because I have a new grandson and right now holding him is my favorite thing to do!

Here is a pic of me & both of my grandsons!

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Wondeful picture! Congratulations!

Posts: 4369 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TODAY is the sign-up deadline for the pin cushion swap! Get your name on the list if you want to enjoy the fun of this creative swap Smile

I will be sending out PMs this coming week with mailing info to everyone who is on the swap list Smile

I have my idea ... do you ? Big Grin

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NANCY RABBIT ~ I need your contact info please Smile

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I saw "Deadline Today" and about freaked out.. I thought it might have meant the mailing date got moved... but I am relieved to see that it is the deadline to signing up. lol

you should not do things like that to me... I am too old to get excited too much. lol

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25673 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Please sign me up! Sending you a PM in a minute Smile. I was on the fence and posted earlier in the thread, but I am all in now.

Posts: 5027 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Really Lindsay!!! I thought the sign up for this was long gone and I had succeeded in missing it. But NOOOOO here you are saying I still have time. And why not... Deadline to get them to you is a week after that baby is due....

Oh what the heck, PM coming. If I need I can hand deliver them to you Big Grin.

I have visions of finishing the stitching at the hospital. Or maybe I will get my act together and get them done early, stop laughing, IT COULD HAPPEN!

Posts: 979 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q ~ that's funny! I went to find the thread, and saw what it said, and thought that someone might think it was the end deadline ... so I changed it Smile Good spotting that! Big Grin

DJ and LisaTX ~ got you on the list Smile Glad y'all signed up... and DJ ... you deliver those by hand, and I'll make you some cornbread and sweet tea Big Grin Would LOVE to see you! Big Grin

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I've got my pincushions almost done! Just need to add minor embellishment & labels. Big Grin

Posts: 4578 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of llcp48
posted Hide Post
I guess my post on Jan. 28th. was too late to get in this swap. Thanks anyway.

Hugs,
Linda

Posts: 531 | Registered: Aug 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Bad Eek So Sorry Linda, llcp48 ... I am adding you to the list now... sorry I missed your post, but you are MOST welcome to play! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SavedSinnr,

Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Hey Chicky, since there are so many swappers, any chance of increasing the limit of pincushions we can mail in? Big Grin

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Okay, I've got my pattern. I'm making "biscornu". To see what they are like, check out my blog (listed below). I just finished putting a bunch of pictures up there. I have no problem with increasing the number of pincushions swapped, since I'm doing an entire charm pack of them (22 altogether). I look forward to seeing what everyone else is doing.

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I have seen that type of pincushion before, Linda, but didn't know that they had a fancy name like that Smile.

Last week, or was it the week before Cool, I bought something interesting that I think would be cool incorporated into a pincushion. Will have to show it to needlecrazy tomorrow and see if she has any ideas for me.

Smile

Posts: 5027 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kentucky_Sunshine:
Hey Chicky, since there are so many swappers, any chance of increasing the limit of pincushions we can mail in? Big Grin

that's a good idea, Roo Billy, but I'm gonna keep the limit at 10... if everyone puts in 10, then I will be playing with 400 pin cushions ... I think that's enough Smile And everyone will get a good assortment Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I have sent a PM to all the pin cushion lovers who are swapping Smile

If you have not received one, let me know ... if you have questions, just ask ... looking forward to seeing all the FUN pc's everyone comes up with Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Good Morning! Wave

Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
Lindsay put mine in the mail today along with shipping label and return postage stamps. Guy at the PO had a long explanation about mailing , but what I got from that you have to take them to the post office to do the returns.? anyway I have comfirmation number if you need it' He also said should arrive Thursday some time ok. ty
Edna

" Prayer is for the soul what nourishments is for the body."

Posts: 866 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Omma5
posted Hide Post
finished making 10 today...well, kind of...will be stuffing and stitching them closed tonight while watcing TV. I leave my hand projects for TV time. lol

They are not as fancy as some I"ve seen pics of....but I hope they are ok....

Posts: 4223 | Location: New York | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by emb115724:
Lindsay put mine in the mail today along with shipping label and return postage stamps. Guy at the PO had a long explanation about mailing , but what I got from that you have to take them to the post office to do the returns.? anyway I have comfirmation number if you need it' He also said should arrive Thursday some time ok. ty
Edna

Posts: 866 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Marie told me today that she mailed hers to you last Friday so you should be seeing them in a couple of days.

Posts: 25673 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
emb115724 ... received your box on Friday Smile Haven't opened it just yet, but will be posting pics soon Big Grin

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Mine went out today. Yeah! Going out of town tomorrow and decided to mail everything I needed at once.
Evelyn

Posts: 7034 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to be so tardy ... had to make it thru a tough weekend ... BUT.......

I've opened the boxes I've received ... there are SOME BEAUTIES in here! Gonna be a challenge to let them go Big Grin

Here's the one's I received from emb115724 ... Edna, these are PRECIOUS! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I LOVE the labels on the bottom ... and ESPECIALLY THIS ONE Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

THANK YOU!

posted Hide Post
I also received a box from Q's friend, Marie ... WOW! Marie is amazing! and sent a wonderful variety Smile Here's one to start, and I will post more later Big Grin

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Adorable!!! Smile

Posts: 10448 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
Oh love those owls and puppies so darn cute can't wait to see all the ideas.
Edna

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I have one of Maries owls and they are really fabulous! I have it right next to my machine so I use it every time I sew.

She also made me one of the wool pincushions with the rabbit. It is in my crazy quilting studio. Smile

Their is one she sent that has a vintage hankie on it.

posted Hide Post
Hey Edna ~ I wanted to say I LOVE your ducks ... and THE LABELS are GREAT!!! You put alot of work into those Smile

posted Hide Post
Here's another one from Marie. check out the detail on this Smile

posted Hide Post
finished my pincushions and will get them mailed off next week

Posts: 1077 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OOOOO that's cute DebbieWI! Big Grin

I received a box from AngelaC today ... will open and take pics, as we just got home Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Guess it's time for another pic ... this too is from Marie ... THIS is the one with the vintage hankies on it ... so beautiful Big Grin Pansies are one of my most favorite flowers ... and my G'pa always had them growing Smile

Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
WOW, so gorgeous!!!

I managed to get 2 finished today Smile I plan on mailing Friday Razz

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adorable Trish! Smile

Posts: 10448 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
l wasn't in the swap but wanted to stop in and say l love the pin cushions you all made. Some of them are just toooooo cute! Way to go swappers!!!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9383 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Those mice and purses are sew sew cute!

Picture of Sew&Sew
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kentucky_Sunshine:
WOW, so gorgeous!!!

I managed to get 2 finished today Smile I plan on mailing Friday Razz

VERY cute! Sure hoping I receive one of those!!

Lindy in NC

Posts: 29 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
I am not in the swap, but stop in just to see the eye candy! CUTE!!

Posts: 1994 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Evelyn... Marie is here and we were just admiring your frogs on the lily pads... We would be over the moon to receive one of those in our swap boxes... The crocheted hats are gorgeous too.

Everyone is making us go ooohh and ahhhh... Smile

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I'm another one just stopping in to see the goodies Smile What fun!! I love the variety.

Posts: 6454 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I'm getting nervous now. Mine should have been there already. Hope I don't have to remake all those frogs.
Evelyn

Posts: 7034 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SLACKER ALERT ~~ SLACKER ALERT

I swear!!! Sometimes, I just can't seem to get it together to think straight in any one direction Eek

Evelyn ... I received your pin cushions, as I did Headielamar.... WILL post pics this weekend... I'm just hoping for the sun to come out so I can get a GOOD pic Smile

Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
ttt

Posts: 979 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is that Chicky with the pics?? Smile

posted Hide Post
I mailed mine off yesterday so you should have them soom\n.

Posts: 1077 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HERE WE GO! I've been receiving some MIGHTY PERTY pincushions!!! How to choose?

These are from our friend HeadieLamar ... These are SO VERY SWEET Headie ... wish there were more Smile

posted Hide Post
These cuties were sent in by AngelaC ... I even love the bottoms Big Grin

posted Hide Post
These pretty as a picture pc's were made by PatriciaAnne ... LOVE the fabrics Big Grin