Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Pin Cushion PICS ~ CLOSED ... swapping's up!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pin Cushion PICS ~ CLOSED ... swapping's up! Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
These arrived last night from Sprmom ... right up my ole hippie alley Smile VERY cute Kelli Smile

Now to keep Precious' cute little fingers off of them ... These are her favorite kinda stuff... she should'a been a child of the 60's Big Grin

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
what a neat idea, wish I was more creative!

glad you like them Lindsay, I was born in the early 60's but should have been a decade earlier, I was too little to enjoy the hippie period, so I do now!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sprmom,

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and then there's these wild hoppers from EvelynB ... These are SO VERY VERY CUTE! And they just LOVE crawling all over my sewing room Big Grin

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I have never seen a pincushion inside a photo frame before... very clever idea!

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25651 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of these pin cushions are so very clever. I can't pick one favorite. Love the animal ones. You ladies are very creative.

Posts: 226 | Registered: Sep 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Quiltaholic, I got the idea off of Pintrest. A lot of really neat ideas there for pincushions.

Posts: 481 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
how cute!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4911 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Omma5
posted Hide Post
oh my, these are all adorable. Mine are rather plain in comparison Frown but, they are made with love. lol And, they are on their way. Mailed today.

Posts: 4223 | Location: New York | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Glad mine arrived - they seem so simple compared to some of the others you ladies are doing!

Posts: 2779 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
How cute!!I have been tweaking a pattern for a toy,making it into pin cushion,you'd think I have nothing better to do Smile

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8876 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Is that a pig???

Posts: 25651 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That pig is sooooo cute!

Posts: 1077 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This pretty was sent in by our friend Wiley... what a cute & clever idea Big Grin

posted Hide Post
The cute little micers were made by debbieWI ... LOVE the ears!!! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
and these pretties were made by sew&sew ... lots of variety Big Grin

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9458 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
now I wish I had joined but I have so many unused pin cushions from prior swaps.
Love the variety! You all done good.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3534 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
I have a similar pincushion from wiley, mine has a red bobbin holder, and a medium blue fabric with little ladybugs, cute as can be...I always think of Lisa-Texas and wiley when I use it...but I just have to rave that it is the most functional pincushion I have used so far...it allows me to keep spare bobbins wound and close at hand...and the pincushion is just the perfect size! whoever gets it is gonna love it! Smile

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7022 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have those bobbin holders for bobbins and I LOVE them! You can even hang them on a wall... I hang mine on the door of my sewing cabinet, and if you drop them, they all just stay in Smile Great idea about the pin cushion in the middle! Wave

Picture of Sew&Sew
posted Hide Post
These are all looking awesome! Such fun to see all the pics. Glad mine arrived safe and sound. Thanks, Lindsay, for all your hard work!

Lindy in NC

Posts: 29 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shauna's crafty quilter
posted Hide Post
I've been working on mine. Each one has 6 pieces to it. They are going to be really cool!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!!"

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
I've got 9 pincushions ready to go. Should have them into the mail for you middle of next week (waiting for my check from SS). All of these pincushions are so cute. I knew that pig would get a reaction from Quiltaholic. Smile

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
oink oink. Smile Smile

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Bumping up and hoping mine arrived?

Posts: 9458 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey ... finally slowed down after a day with Precious Big Grin

I've received pin cushions from Auntie Reba Big Grin
and Omma5 Big Grin

Will post pics tomorrow Cool

posted Hide Post
To the top!

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7022 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Marie is coming for a play date Wednesday and I will have all of mine sewn so I can stuff them while we sit and chat... Smile

posted Hide Post
I received the box from our RooBilly friend, Kentucky Sunshine Smile Will post pics today, as the sun will be shining away Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Glad they made it...an assortment egh Smile

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Did you get the new photos for us? Smile

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will post pics tomorrow
is it tomorrow yet? Big Grin

Posts: 10447 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Can you see all of us little chillin's sitting in the back seat asking over and over again, "Are we there yet mama, huh, are we there yet?" lol

Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally got my camera re-charged and I took the pic of my biscornu, which will be in the mail to Lindsay on Wednesday. Here it is:

LindaJ52

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lindaj52,

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you see all of us little chillin's sitting in the back seat asking over and over again, "Are we there yet mama, huh, are we there yet?" lol

heeheehee Q, or the week before Chr!stmas~ is it Chr!stmas yet??

Is it tomorrow yet Chicky?

Very nice PC's Linda! Smile

Posts: 10447 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
I AM WORKING IN MINE. ALL LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL I HOPE TO DO A GOOD JOB FOR YOU LADIES
HUGS ELY

Posts: 1776 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These beauties are made by Omma5 .... They are SO VERY PRETTY! Smile

posted Hide Post
and these CUTIES are from Auntie Reba Big Grin

Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
These are sooo cute, you guys all did a great job !

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So cute...love them all...and OMG is that a sun I see from Omma5? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Lovin' ALL of your pincushions!!! Cute, cute, cute!!!

Posts: 3407 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Very cute pincushion shown so far!! Big Grin

I'm hoping to work on mine tomorrow....

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Have to say - I just love the frogs - he looks like a lot of fun Smile All of the creativity is a blessing to see. You ladies ROCK!

Posts: 6448 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I really like Omma's CQ heart!! Big Grin

I have 6 about 3/4 finished....hope to finish them up tomorrow afternoon so I can get them in the mail!

Not sure IF I should post a pic when I get them done OR if they should be a surprise??? Wink

posted Hide Post
Is everyone busy working on theirs? They need to be in my hands by next Saturday!!! C'mon... you can do it! Smile

Picture of Gracie/ohio
posted Hide Post
Mailed mine out today. I just remembered right now to sign the back of them...hmmmm... O'well Here's a few that I mailed out....can't wait. Love this swap.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gracieaohio/sets/
http://sewngracefully.blogspot.com/

You've reached middle age when all you exercise is caution.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Under my pile of UFO's | Registered: Mar 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shauna's crafty quilter
posted Hide Post
Here's a pic of what I'm sending! Soon I hope! These things have alot of pieces to them!! Hoping to get them in the mail Tuesday!!
forgot to add that I'm sending more then just 2!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shauna's crafty quilter,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!!"

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
OMG!!! Those are sooooo cute! LOVE 'em!!

Guess I'll post a pic of mine when I get them finished!

posted Hide Post
WOW...too cute Shauna...you just amaze me with your talents! Big Grin

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I finished up these cute 'mini' thread catchers tonight...have a couple different pincushion designs in the works also and hope to finish them tomorrow and mail on tues! Big Grin

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
How smart you are to make them smaller! I don't use mine because it's too large. Love the ideas here. The hamburgers are just too cute!! LOTS of work went into those cuties.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post