Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Pin Cushion PICS ~ CLOSED ... swapping's up!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pin Cushion PICS ~ CLOSED ... swapping's up! Sign In/Join 
posted
HERE WE GO! COME JOIN THE FUN !! LET'S HAVE A PIN CUSHION SWAP !!!

It’s the people that make swaps so much fun! This should be a good time had by all! The last one we had was ALOT of fun, and alot of creativity came out in that!

Here's the guidelines ~

This will be for medium to large size pincushions (no bottle caps)... I will swap like size for like size. If you send in small ones, I will send them back... Please, nothing smaller than 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 Smile

SIGN-UPS will end SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd

There will be a limit of 10 pin cushions that you can send in Smile That should make a nice assortment for everyone Big Grin You can send UP TO 10, but you can send as few as 1 Smile

We will be swapping like-size for like-size … if you want big, well, we can do that too! It all depends on what is received, but I will try my best to make it all worth your while Big Grin

You can embellishment them, get creative, follow a pattern, have lots of fun! NO STORE-BOUGHTS ~ ESPECIALLY TOMATOES Roll Eyes YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO SEW... YOU CAN CROCHET, OR KNIT, OR WHATEVER CREATIVE ROAD YOU LIKE TO TAKE Big Grin

Please, NO FOOD items to stuff with … i.e. rice, beans and such (I don’t want to have anything that would attract a critter if they got inside) Eek You can put emery shavings, crushed walnut shells OR FINE SAND (you can find in craft stores) in if you wish…. I used the poly fill (easily picked up at WM for just a couple bucks).

Please, NO BREAKABLE CONTAINERS! While putting them in mugs and such is fun, it makes it really tough on packing... so if it's something that can be broken, make sure it's small so we can wrap it good!

Please label your pincushions so we will know where they are from… you can attach a label, or write on the bottom in a permanent fabric pen so we can think of you and smile when we use it Big Grin

All pincushions need to be MAILED so that the ponies can drop them off by March 31st It is suggested we use delivery confirmation so we can track if we need to.

MAILING: For returning your pincushions, I will try to mail your pin cushions back to you in the same package they were sent in... I just need a label, with postage for return included. Please send an addressed LABEL for return with postage ENCLOSED. Also, please include $1 for any extra postage that may be needed… your change will be returned in the return package before mailing… UNLESS you mail in Priority Mail Flat Rate, then it’s the same for whatever you put in Smile ... NO POSTAGE METERS... YOU CAN SEND STAMPS OR MONEY AND I WILL RETURN YOUR CHANGE

Delivery Confirmation is needed on the return package, so we can track if we have to. The $1 for extra postage should cover the delivery confirmation also…

And please, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me either by email, PM, or phone Big Grin

If you want to post pics as you go… then let’s have some fun with that! I’ll keep a thread out there somewhere for sharing… Here's one to get you started! Big Grin

ANYONE NEED INSPIRATION OR PATTERNS? There are TONS on the internet, or even pattern companies have gotten on the band-wagon. Or maybe you’re inspired all on your own creativity! We love pics to share! Cool

♥♥ Sew........... WHO WANTS TO SWAP ? ♥♥
PM me your contact info

These Yummy have been received Yummy

Me! Me! Wave
AngelaC Wave Yummy
applebetty Wave
asimplelife Wave
Auntie Reba Wave Yummy
CBQ Wave Yummy
debbieWI Wave
DJBrown Wave
DJillM Wave
Ely/Syssy Wave
emb11527 Wave Yummy
Evelyn B Wave Yummy
Evelyn's Friend Smile
GeeGeeQuilts Wave
Gracie/ohio Wave
headielamar Wave Yummy
heartmania Wave
Jbeanier Wave
Kentucky Sunshine Wave Yummy
LindaJ52 Wave
llcp48 Wave
LisaTX Wave
luv2craft98 Wave
Marie (Qs friend) Smile Yummy
Omma5 Wave Yummy
PatriciaAnne Wave Yummy
quiltaholic Wave
Scottia Wave
sew&sew Wave
sewlove2quilt Wave
Shauna's Crafty Wave
suprmom Wave Yummy
warm buns Wave Yummy
wiley! Wave

♥♥ and here's a little fun we had at the last pc swap ... bet you can't guess who's these are Wink
♥♥

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SavedSinnr,

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
sent you a pm.

Posts: 4369 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GLAD you're gonna play with us wiley Big Grin

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Ouch! Ouch! Ok, Ok! Stop twisting my arm! Big Grin

I am in! Wave

Posts: 10448 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Me and Marie.. Smile

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25673 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
I'd like to play, too

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1017 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YaY! More funsters Smile

If your contact info hasn't changed, I'll use what I have from this years retreat ... and Marie, I will put with your addy Q Smile

Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
and don't forget me Smile

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kentucky_Sunshine:
and don't forget me Smile

Could not EVER forget our RooBilly friend Big Grin

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I would like to sign up so long as I don't have to do ten. I can do less, right?

Posts: 2784 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I've got seven finished hoping this swap makes. It's possible to make a 6" pincushion in a fraction of the time it took to make a smaller one. Variety makes them more interesting. So I'll enlarge the pattern I was using. Won't take more time or expense.

Posts: 7034 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by headielamar:
I would like to sign up so long as I don't have to do ten. I can do less, right?

GOOD QUESTION Headie! Yes, you can do LESS than 10, but you CAN do UP to 10 Big Grin

Thanks for clarifying that Smile Glad you're thinking of joining us Big Grin

And Evelyn ... I'll put you on the list Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Evelyn B ~ please PM me your contact info Smile

And ELY/SYSSY has joined in on the fun Smile

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Ok - sign me up!

Posts: 2784 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Heartmania
posted Hide Post
Sign me up please. I am sending you aPM

Posts: 490 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gracie/ohio
posted Hide Post
I want to play again...PM'ing you..Smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gracieaohio/sets/
http://sewngracefully.blogspot.com/

You've reached middle age when all you exercise is caution.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Under my pile of UFO's | Registered: Mar 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of asimplelife
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1141 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: Apr 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
I will play along if you have room. Let me know

Posts: 3610 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warmbuns, you can play, there is no sign up limit Smile

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WEekW !!! Look at all the fun players! Big Grin SO GLAD y'all are joining in on the fun!

and you're right KS ~ there is no limit as to how many can play... just the number and size you play with Big Grin

Here's a pic I ran across when doing up the post info ... Gracie... I LOVED your pincushions last swap Big Grin

Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
Ok been waitint for this one ., got three done so far . sign me up ok
Edna

" Prayer is for the soul what nourishments is for the body."

Posts: 866 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sign me up for my 1st (!!) swap. I'll pm you with my info.

Hugs
Gina

Edited to add...tried to pm you with snail mail addy & other info but computer wouldn't let me. Maybe you can pm me & I'll reply?

More hugs
Gina

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GeeGeeQuilts,

Posts: 350 | Location: in the land of quilting | Registered: Jan 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am thinking about this I am waiting for my pattern to arrive so I can try it out. Then I will decide. It looks like fun
debbie

Posts: 1077 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
OK I'm in for this one too! I like the idea of these small projects. Just enough to get me back sewing and hopefully not become overwhelmed.

Posts: 486 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the sign up. I have a pattern ready. I can't wait to start on them.

Posts: 153 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so happy to see so many wanting to play in this swap... it really is fun! Smile

GeeGee ~ sent you a PM Smile

If anyone has sent a PM and I've answered it, I've deleted it from my PM pile and you will have to send another to connect me Smile But I have all your info on a spreadsheet, if you've received a reply from me Smile

Here's some more inspiration from a previous swap ... see how cute these are? Big Grin

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I love those couch pincushions. How cute!! Mine are done, not nearly as involved as those couches. LOL I have a few other things to mail in January so I will wait until everything is ready so I only have to make one stop at the post office.

Picture of Shauna's crafty quilter
posted Hide Post
Now why didn't you call me? I almost missed this. Please sign me up to. Now I wonder what everyone would like me to make this time! Hmmmm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!!"

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
I almost missed this. Sign me up, please. I'll PM you in a few minutes. Thanks for hosting this. My niece has seen some of my pincushions from the last swap I was in and can't wait to see what I get this time. In the meantime, I have to come up with an idea for mine.

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
I sent you 2 pms
Edna

" Prayer is for the soul what nourishments is for the body."

Posts: 866 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woo HOO !!! We're up to 19 swappers! Wave THIS WILL BE FUN! Big Grin

If you've sent me PMs, I have answered, and deleted them, so you will have to send a new PM if you want to PM me Smile

and CRAFTY SHAUNA ~ I don't think ANYone would let you not be in this swap! I would've signed you up ... you would not miss out on the fun ... and then, neither would we on your fun pin cushions! Big Grin

Here's the one's she made from the last swap Big Grin

posted Hide Post
and these are Crafty's from the first pin cushion swap I hosted Big Grin

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Those roses are gorgeous and the donuts look good enough to eat.

Posts: 9462 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know it's really hard to come up with something each time and try to top those roses! LOL!! I thought about doing them again but we'll see! I have another one I would like to try!
The funny thing about the donuts is that I made them from my own kinda pattern and then Quilts and More Mag. came out with a pattern! LOL!!

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
I must've missed a swap! I don't remember the donuts. Very cute! I have my pattern all ready for this year. Big Grin

Posts: 10448 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Oh, all right. Sign me up! Big Grin

Posts: 4578 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YaY Angela! Glad to see you're joining in the fun Big Grin

Thought I would throw ina little inspiration from past swaps ... these are from our buddy nlk ... Nicki Smile She's always fun, and these birds are the BEST cause they are filled with bee bee type filling and they mold to any surface... so I've takent hem to the hospital and had them while in the waiting room Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SavedSinnr,

posted Hide Post
Okay, Okay you've talked me into playing. I have a pattern in mind already, Big Grin. Looking forward to getting started.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of applebetty
posted Hide Post
sign me up. Information on the way.

Quilters lead a piece-ful life

Posts: 435 | Location: On the road to somewhere | Registered: Nov 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin WOO HOO!!! Big Grin More fun players Big Grin

We're getting quite a good list of swappers here Big Grin Thought I would put a little more inspiration for you to think about Big Grin

These are from our friend Whippy ... Smile

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Thinking....hmmmm???

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awww... come on sewlove ~ you KNOW you want to! Wink

posted Hide Post
How come my name isn't on the list? You have my info and then some! LOL!! Just trying to bug you alittle Chicky!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shauna's crafty quilter:
How come my name isn't on the list? You have my info and then some! LOL!! Just trying to bug you alittle Chicky!

ATTA girl Crafty ... keep this chicken on her toes Smile

Picture of Scottia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SavedSinnr:
HERE WE GO! COME JOIN THE FUN !! LET'S HAVE A PIN CUSHION SWAP !!!

It’s the people that make swaps so much fun! This should be a good time had by all! The last one we had was ALOT of fun, and alot of creativity came out in that!
What is PM???
Here's the guidelines ~

This will be for medium to large size pincushions (no bottle caps)... I will swap like size for like size. If you send in small ones, I will send them back... Please, nothing smaller than 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 Smile

SIGN-UPS will end SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd

There will be a limit of 10 pin cushions that you can send in Smile That should make a nice assortment for everyone Big Grin You can send UP TO 10, but you can send as few as 1 Smile

We will be swapping like-size for like-size … if you want big, well, we can do that too! It all depends on what is received, but I will try my best to make it all worth your while Big Grin

You can embellishment them, get creative, follow a pattern, have lots of fun! NO STORE-BOUGHTS ~ ESPECIALLY TOMATOES Roll Eyes YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO SEW... YOU CAN CROCHET, OR KNIT, OR WHATEVER CREATIVE ROAD YOU LIKE TO TAKE Big Grin

Please, NO FOOD items to stuff with … i.e. rice, beans and such (I don’t want to have anything that would attract a critter if they got inside) Eek You can put emery shavings, crushed walnut shells OR FINE SAND (you can find in craft stores) in if you wish…. I used the poly fill (easily picked up at WM for just a couple bucks).

Please, NO BREAKABLE CONTAINERS! While putting them in mugs and such is fun, it makes it really tough on packing... so if it's something that can be broken, make sure it's small so we can wrap it good!

Please label your pincushions so we will know where they are from… you can attach a label, or write on the bottom in a permanent fabric pen so we can think of you and smile when we use it Big Grin

All pincushions need to be MAILED so that the ponies can drop them off by March 31st It is suggested we use delivery confirmation so we can track if we need to.

MAILING: For returning your pincushions, I will try to mail your pin cushions back to you in the same package they were sent in... I just need a label, with postage for return included. Please send an addressed LABEL for return with postage ENCLOSED. Also, please include $1 for any extra postage that may be needed… your change will be returned in the return package before mailing… UNLESS you mail in Priority Mail Flat Rate, then it’s the same for whatever you put in Smile ... NO POSTAGE METERS... YOU CAN SEND STAMPS OR MONEY AND I WILL RETURN YOUR CHANGE

Delivery Confirmation is needed on the return package, so we can track if we have to. The $1 for extra postage should cover the delivery confirmation also…

And please, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me either by email, PM, or phone Big Grin

If you want to post pics as you go… then let’s have some fun with that! I’ll keep a thread out there somewhere for sharing… Here's one to get you started! Big Grin

ANYONE NEED INSPIRATION OR PATTERNS? There are TONS on the internet, or even pattern companies have gotten on the band-wagon. Or maybe you’re inspired all on your own creativity! We love pics to share! Cool

♥♥ Sew........... WHO WANTS TO SWAP ? ♥♥
PM me your contact info

Me! Me! Wave
AngelaC Wave
applebetty Wave
asimplelife Wave
CBQ Wave
DJillM Wave
Ely/Syssy Wave
emb11527 Wave
Evelyn B Wave
GeeGeeQuilts Wave
Gracie/ohio Wave
headielamar Wave
heartmania Wave
Kentucky Sunshine Wave
LindaJ52 Wave
luv2craft98
Marie Wave
PatriciaAnne Wave
pegsami Wave
quiltaholic Wave
Shauna's Crafty Wave
warm buns Wave
wiley! Wave

♥♥ and here's a little fun we had at the last pc swap ... bet you can't guess who's these are Wink
♥♥

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scottia
posted Hide Post
What is PM? I would like to join the swap, but I am computer stupid. Yikes!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey Scottia ... WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

If you go to the top of this thread, you'll see a box that says New PM or something about PM ... it's short for private message ... just click on there, and I will send you a message that you can reply to ... that will give you a little time to figure stuff out Big Grin

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I got all excited about making some pincushions and crocheted ten of these hats. But after reading the directions again I saw that some are too small.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Since some of the sunbonnets were too small I decided to make a different set for this swap. So I've got a whole pond of these frogs sewn waiting for me to finish putting on their eyes. Then I saw the photo of the other frogs! Makes me want to cry! I made a sombrero pincushion years ago and may try that next.

posted Hide Post
OH myyyyyyyyy evelyn, those are the cutest frogs...I love them!!!! Adorable SmileSmileSmileSmile