Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Sew & Tell 9-6-13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sew & Tell 9-6-13 Sign In/Join 
posted
Sew & Tell is our weekly sharing thread. tell us what you've finished, what you're working on- we'll cheer you on!

I'm way early because I have an all day inservice tomorrow and won't be able to get online.

So who's sewing?
Holly

Posts: 3001 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
finished up three quilts this week. Put binding on all three-quilted two of them in the last week or two.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: May Baby,

Posts: 665 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
simple row quilt-

Posts: 665 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this one is warm wishes and the picture does not do justice to the colors. it is bright pink, orange, green with a paler purple. The print is circles in circles in those colors. The pink border is on all four sides-I am not the photographer in my family.

Karen

Picture of NYlady
posted Hide Post
I finished quilting my "cheater" quilt. Bought a piece of fabric at a yard sale 2 or 3 years ago.. is a blue and white log cabin print. It will go on the sofa where the grandkids can mess with it. Have to find binding and then I'm done. Picture next week. Nice quilts May Baby.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Staten Island, NY , USA | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Great progress & quilts May Baby! The colors don't always come out the best on some of the things I post either.

I am cleaning off my ironing board and making crumb blocks from all the leftovers from the string blocks I made for the CYOC exchange. Somehow everything ends up on the ironing board so I am cutting up the bits and pieces and sewing them up. Did finish a doll quilt that I needed to sew around the edges, turn and quilt. No picure yet, will post later... Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cksvett,

Posts: 6145 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Maybaby, nice quilts and isn't it great to put them in the Finshed category??? Like all the color.

Posts: 8111 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
I finished the little bag this morning.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/PattyannC/

Posts: 1756 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
I found this "yarn" at JoAnn's last night. It is fun to work with. I'm making a scarf for my future DIL.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

Posts: 1756 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NYlady
posted Hide Post
Sew Happy.. nice to see how the "yarn" fabric works up. Asked at my Joanns this a.m.and they haven't seen it yet. Will try Michaels tomorrow.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Staten Island, NY , USA | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Sew Happy I've been wanting to get this and try making a scarf. I made several of the Sashay ones, but used a crochet hook. Do you work this the same way as the Sashay ones?

Posts: 1724 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's basically the same. You're gong through the holes in the fabric.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

posted Hide Post
Thanks! My quilts are almost always bright-just like bright colors. Trying to spend a few minutes each morning sewing to keep my sanity. Seems everyone wants a piece of my time-have to take some too.

Karen

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● My quilting time has been so limited lately, that I only have time to dream about it. Frown

But, I did get to go to the Expo yesterday. It was a wonderful show and just the break I needed.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9718 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
I have 24 blocks made for my DGD's quilt. Now I just have to get them sewed. I will show pictures tomorrow.
My DH and I went to the Fair on Friday, I went to the quilt show and was a little disapointed in it. there wasn't a lot of outstanding quilts. I also on August 23 went to the Pacific West Quilt Show. All of the quilts were great I have some pictures I will post them as soon as I can get them out of my phone.
We just have to put up the backsplash and touch up some of the paint and seal the granet counter tops. It looks real nice. Now to find new places for every thing. I still have some boxes to unpack.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3555 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you to everyone who shares on this thread, and Holly for maintaining it.

I am in a slump and your projects just might get me going again!

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5097 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Here is the bed I made, mattress and bedding for an 18 inch doll

Posts: 4743 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
holee,
Nice job on the blanket and mattress. Some little girl will be very happy.

Posts: 297 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
This is probably my favorite thread!

If I would get busy like Maybaby I bet there are 100+ possible stash quilts in my stash closet!

I am working on a dress for DGD. It is so easy...should be sewn up in 2-3 hours. I am on hour 5. LOL Garment construction is not as easy as it once was. I made 90% of my clothing and much of my DSs when he was little. I sewed for nieces and even sewed for the public. I could put in a zipper before you could bat your eyes. I am soooo glad this jumper does not have a zipper!!!

Posts: 17130 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Holee, you made the bed??!!!!Awesome job. What a nice bedroom set. TFS

Posts: 8111 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No sewing for me this week. Been doing a little knitting instead.
I made another cozy for my other water jug. Trial and error, I added a few extra stitches and an extra dozen rows. My problem with felting is I never know how much it's going to shrink down. Kind of ***** not having a pattern to follow but I guess that's how I learn. I'm very pleased with the end results, I now have a perfect fit.

Happy Stitch'n

~mn_lady_us~

Quilting - Machine Embroidery-Painting - Crafts

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc182/mn_lady_us/

Posts: 1110 | Location: God's Country | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW...it blocked out the word s*u*c*k*s. Now is that suppose to be a bad word?

Happy Stitch'n

~mn_lady_us~

Quilting - Machine Embroidery-Painting - Crafts

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc182/mn_lady_us/

Posts: 1110 | Location: God's Country | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
My granddaughter is now officially engaged! I think the wedding will be some time before the end of the year. So I am working hard on quilting for her wedding gift. It's about 1/4 done.

Posts: 6586 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Mary Lou, that quilt just looks better and better every time you show it. I can't believe those tiny stitches.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6640 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
yes I made the bed years ago. It needed a make over. This is what it looked like before some sparkle paint and new bedding.

Posts: 4743 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
this is what the blocks look like for my DGDs quilt. I need to sew them together and add the end triangles. a total of 25 blocks made.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3555 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Love those colors. She is going to love it.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2315 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mary Lou, are the fans going to scallops for the edge of the quilt? On my monitor it looks like batting on the edge and the edges of the fans do not look like they are quilted. This quilt is beautiful.

Wanda

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Yes, the quilt will have scalloped edges.

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Mary Lou, when I first skimmed your post, my brain picked up your Grand "Mother" is now engaged. Big Grin Big Grin I thought WOW! Then I went and actually read the whole thing. Oops! Big Grin

Good Luck on getting it done in time. I know she is going to love it.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9718 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mary Lou, when I first skimmed your post, my brain picked up your Grand "Mother" is now engaged

Jayardi, that is funny. My grandmothers would both be more than 120 years old if they were still living.

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Every girl needs a Tutu

Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
That is cute Holee.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2315 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great projects everyone!

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5097 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
The dolls and dolls bed make me wish I were many years younger!!
Love all the projects, such inspiring work.

Posts: 395 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous Ladies the wedding quilt is just beautiful. I love the bed also I have one almost the same my husband made for his youngest daughter. The too too is so cute.

J Lu

Posts: 1057 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post