Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ♫♫♪ ♫♫♪ HGTV 2013 BOM ♪♫♫~ OCTOBER Block! ♫♫♪
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

♫♫♪ ♫♫♪ HGTV 2013 BOM ♪♫♫~ OCTOBER Block! ♫♫♪ Sign In/Join 
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Love this block, and ohhhhh I have so much catching up to do....I'm like the lil' train that could though...I think I can I think I can!

Well done to all those ladies keeping up Smile

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7123 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Beautiful October blocks!!! SS, happy to hear your daughter is home healing. Continued p,r ay,er.s and take care of yourself.

I am behind, hope to get caught up after the Scraps to Treasure challenge is finished. Worse case is I spend New Year's Day finishing my 2013 BOM. With football on TV no one will notice me hiding in my sewing space.

Posts: 2736 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TTT- Who else has their block done? Waiting, Waiting. Sue

Posts: 1610 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
So many neat looking blocks this month. I finally got all the Canadian Fishing things cleaned and put away. I was able to sew today and I got my block done.

Posts: 8221 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patty- your blue and white blocks are going to look so pretty together. Now what did you say your chain block looked like?? Sue.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Not a chance to trick me Sue, I've kept the secret this long just another 2 months and I get to celebrate the fact that I kept the secret from my bestest friend. LOL
I think my chains look good with my blocks, Can't wait to get 'r done.

Posts: 8221 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BOMchicks
posted Hide Post
Its nearly mid-month~

Smile sister sue
Smile quilthappy69
Smile Handie Ann
Smile MountainLaurel
Smile STinMT
Smile JLu
Smile Malou
Smile Chlynn1129
Smile patty j

9 finishers!

LOL Patty that sister of yours is sneaky! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BOMchicks,

HGTV BOM! I'm SEW 'EGG'-cited!!

Posts: 368 | Registered: Jan 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Wow! everyone's blocks are so pretty. I know it's a little late in the game but, I was wishing now I'd had used 30's fabrics. Maybe next year.

J Lu

Posts: 1143 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
J Lu - your focus fabric has been one of my favorites shown! I'm so surprised to read that you wished you used something else!

I still need to work on my block. I still plan on it though! Maybe that's half the battle!

Posts: 5045 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patty, love your block! That blue is so pretty!
Your Sis sure wants you to show her those chain blocks! Stay strong and keep them hidden!

JLu, I love your focus fabric too! I like 30s also but your blocks really stand out with your beautiful fabric.

Kentucky Sunshine, like the little train you mentioned.... I KNOW you can do it!!
Same with you, WQFC... you can do it! Get 'er done!!

I like the number 9 but sure hope it gets some more numbers added to it by the end of the month!!

Posts: 2315 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Beautiful blocks, I am so far behind!!! Life is just getting in the way of sewing/quilting. I think I will stick to my plan - Catch up the week between Christmas and New Years.

I'll just keep checking in to see everyone's beauties!!!

Posts: 2736 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pulled fabrics today, but did something to my hamstring so too hard to get up/down from the machine. Maybe tomorrow since I was REALLY good today and stayed on the couch except for doing laundry... hopefully will be able to do more yard work (where I hurt my hamstring), sewing and job hunting soon. Been 4 days and tired of being injured-- whiny I know since several people on this board have it worse than me, so time to go do something productive Smile

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
I had to work on this month's block in little snippits of sewing time. I finally got it done. Here it is.

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2836 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very Pretty Meme!

Jen - don't apologize! Pain is pain! It's never fun to live with pain that doesn't go away!

I hope to work on mine this weekend!

Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Nice blocks all! I guess I should really work on my chain blocks, huh? time is sure going fast! Smile

Posts: 2063 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
SEPTEMBER and October blocks done will post pic tomorrow

Posts: 442 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoping to hobble to the machine today and get mine sewn.

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meme, very nice block! I like that gray print!
Chlynn, I haven't started on my chain blocks either! Hope to fit them in the schedule soon.
Jen, hope you made it to the sewing machine! Sorry to hear you're injured. Hope it feels better soon!

Posts: 2315 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went away for the weekend...turned out to be the best time to get all my BOM's for this month done!

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Very pretty blocks, i Was a cooking fool today, carrot cake, scalloped potatoes and ham, split pea soup and butternut squash soup so did not get the pics done will do tomorrow.

Posts: 442 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WQFC, I like your fabric choices for the block! So pretty! The blue and red play together so nicely!!
RN, can I come over??!! I like everything you mentioned making! You were busy!

posted Hide Post
Love the blocks posted so far. Maybe today... was awake half the night with my leg radiating, so we will see how productive I am today... off to go make dinner since I can't work outside with my parents and see if I can still stand enough to cut out my block and stitch it.

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Malou come on over I made enough for a small army. The scalloped taters were our choice last night and oh my they were so good...you know it is comfort food!

posted Hide Post
Nice job by Meme and WQFC. Love both blocks. Oct. is fast coming to an end, so who else has their BOM done.??? Sue

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Here is September and October

October

posted Hide Post
RN, both blocks are beautiful! Good for you getting them both done and caught up!
We love scalloped potatoes! Yes, they are comfort food and do a good job of that!!
I appreciate the invite!

posted Hide Post
Glad to see that RN55 is up to date. Two beautiful blocks done with only 2 to go. Sue

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I am sew eggcited only 2 more blocks, my chain blocks are done cannot wait

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Nice blocks everyone. Glad to see more blocks getting done. Just 2 more blocks and we get to see what everyone did with their chain block.

Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Do we need to take a pic of our chain blocks before we sew them all together? I have been sewing mine together as we go but wondered about a pic before I sew the last ones together.

Posts: 2836 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meme- the chain block should be kept a secret and show with the whole block. Should be fun when we see them all together. Sue

Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
I know the chain block is to be kept secret, but I didn't know if we were going to post a pic of it before we post the whole top.

posted Hide Post
Managed to finally get back to the sewing room and sew my block. Will post a picture at some point this weekend- lots of derbies (rivalries) in soccer to watch this weekend.

Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Beautiful blocks ladies! glad to see you got caught up Annette. It is going to be fun seeing these all put together.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2320 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
RN55 I really like what you did with the hour glass block! It makes the block look so different!

Posts: 2063 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's mine

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Sorry I didn't get here sooner to answer your question Meme~ yes, please take a photo of your chain block to post. Smile It would be really fun if everyone showed their 'secret' block before showing the whole top.

Great block Jen!

Posts: 10684 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OOhhh Jen! That block is gorgeous!! I can't wait to see your finished quilt!

posted Hide Post
Jen, your block is so pretty! Those colors are such a good combination! Love it!!

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments.

Only 2 more months Smile

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chlynn1129:
RN55 I really like what you did with the hour glass block! It makes the block look so different!

Thank you, tried with the one green but it was blah.

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MountainLaurel:
Beautiful blocks ladies! glad to see you got caught up Annette. It is going to be fun seeing these all put together.

Glad you are all back safe and sound. I think we could start sewing the blocks with the chain blocks. We missed you all last Saturday.

posted Hide Post
RN55~
quote:
I think we could start sewing the blocks with the chain blocks.

CBQ~~
quote:
please take a photo of your chain block to post.
I would love to have a thread (in December) with the revealing of the chain blocks, before we reveal our quilts. Smile

Posts: 10684 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great blocks everyone! I am going to a local quilt retreat this weekend and Sept. and Oct. blocks are first on my list. I have my surprise chain blocks all complete and may even begin stitching some of my blocks together this weekend. I will get a single pix taken of my chain block for the fun reveal of everyone's chain blocks.

I just love this BOM here on HGTV. So much fun and support and great creativity. I also like that you can use your stash and not have to spend a fortune to participate. Thanks chickies!!!

Posts: 3577 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Thanks, CBQ. I will be sure to take a pic of the chain block before they are all sewn together. I can't believe we'll get another block this Friday and then there will be only one more to go. Where has the year gone?

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Wow - I can't believe how far behind I am on this. I have all my chains done, but I have only done the first three months of blocks. I will get October's done before the end of the month and will work on getting the rest done after that.

Posts: 2909 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Nothing like waiting to the last minute! Still don't have Sept done, but I did get October done. Here is my Opal.

Posts: 544 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patricia- nice block. Hope to see several more before Halloween. Sue

posted Hide Post
Lovely Opal Patricia!

I can't believe today is the 30th! Eek
Can't we add a few days to October? Smile

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
My Mom kept begging us to get this month over! It was too long for her!

Posts: 544 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post