Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  PJ Parties - 2013-14 - LOOKS LIKE A GO!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PJ Parties - 2013-14 - LOOKS LIKE A GO! Sign In/Join 
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Patty j for teaching the paper piecing class. And also thanks to Sister Sue and your DH for volunteering.

We have 3 open dates - Nov. 8, 21. and Dec. 6. I think the dec. date will be too late so will put you down for Nov. 8. Let me know if that date is ok. And you can post a picture as soon as you want to.

Well wonderful, ladies. Only 2 more slots to fill till the end of the year.

Will update the schedule.

Mary

Posts: 4071 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I'll be ready for Nov. 8. I'm kind of excited about giving this I try, hope I can do it. I'm always nervous if I give a presentation, but you guys know me and I don't actually have to talk so I think I'll be ok. LOL
BTW, I have a new recipe for Cinnamon roasted pecans that I'll have on hand that night, so I hope someone joins me. Pat

Posts: 8221 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
just moving up....

Any takers for the last 2 open slots for this year?

Posts: 4071 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
ttt...

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Wish I could think of something to teach that I know and hasn't already been taught.

Posts: 793 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Have been out of town and not on line the past week so I see this has fallen behind some.

KBlue I wish you or anyone else could think of something too.

Maybe some placemats, pincushions, coasters, or how about Christmas stockings. Then they could be used in the Sec Santa swap except then no one could post the pictures. Anyone have more ideas they can think off.

Mary

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Mary,
Sent you a PM.

Dianne

Posts: 797 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
PJ party idea....Fusible applique?

Posts: 8221 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
Another idea, tho I believe it was Will Quilt for Chocolate, who presented it at Branson. I was not able to attend that class. It was the bookmarks, made with batiks, and seemed to be primarily layering, cutting and repositioning; and then a little sewing to hold it all together. Anyone recall the project? Would it be appropriate? I would sure like to learn the technique. Thanks for considering this. Easy to think of ideas for others to implement,! lol

Posts: 757 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
gemsq, Yes that was Jill (WQFC) that did the bookmark, I just found the pattern again the other day and thought I should make some more. A refresher class would be great. I think everyone that made one really finished it. LOL

Picture of Heartmania
posted Hide Post
I really like the idea of bookmarks. I can think of a number of people I would like to make some for. I hope it will be a PJ party.

Posts: 499 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
I will look for the directions and see what we can come up with. It needs the pattern, but if I can find a link to the pattern, maybe that's where we start with the bookmark...

Posts: 5046 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Just moving up...

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
And moving up again.

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I would be willing to teach a Crazy Quilted Placemat pattern on Nov 22.

Posts: 793 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
KBlue,

That would be great. I will add that to the schedule.

Thanks much!

Mary

posted Hide Post
I love the pj parties. I have made a few of the things and several more I would like to try. Sounds like a very nice line up so far. The snowflake ornament is cute.

Posts: 671 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Here is a pic of the project I signed up to share. The vinyl pouch PJ session will be on Oct. 25th, 5:30 PST (8:30 EST). As you can see any fabric will work. Once you have the technique down you can vary the sizes of the pouches.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fleur55,

Posts: 797 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Penny Quilts
posted Hide Post
Oh, I can't wait to participate in this! I haven't ever done it so am not sure exactly how it goes. I know it will be fun, though.

Posts: 193 | Registered: Mar 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Getting close to that first class ladies. Pretty soon we will have the microwave pot holder class by Sew Happy on October 4. Get your chocoltes ready and let's try and behave. Sometimes some of the gals ( no names) have gotten a little rowdy.

Mary

Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
Ahwwww shucks! What's a little rowdiness between friends? Wink

I think I've got my ducks in a row so I'm ready for Friday the 4th. It's pretty easy so it won't take long.

I'll even have goodies!!!! See you then.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/PattyannC/

Posts: 1776 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
SewHappy, I won't be able to join your class-- I'll be fishing in Canada. No sewing machine travels with me. Frown I'll be looking when I get home on Tues. to see if the class behaves. When I do my PaperPiecing class Sue is going to be my class monitor so I can concentrate on teaching. But I am going to have really good snackage so I hope someone shows up.
Have a good class. Do you have a supply list??

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I am soooo going to try to attend the Oct. 4 class. I'm making tea towel aprons from the office gals this year for Christmas & these microwave pot holders might just go along perfectly with them.

I think I will behave myself this year & not be too rowdy. I will be bringing my ripper! Wink

Nicki

Posts: 8507 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
I'll be posting the supply list on Monday, there isn't much.

If anyone is making a trip to JoAnn's before then you might want to look for the "Zap It" batting. Sold in packages. This is made to be used in the microwave.

nlk, I bet you won't need your seam ripper!!

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

Posts: 1776 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh no, I was just in Jo-Ann's yesterday & don't plan another trip for months. Do they have to have the Zap It batting?

You know me....I will have my ripper rather I need it or not. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

Posts: 8507 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
No nlk just make sure it is 100% cotton no additives

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the Oct 4th PJ party Smile Will "Warm Tater" batting from the Warm Company work the same as Zap It?

Getting my dark chocolate & wine ready to shareBig Grin

Dianne

Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
Yup! Warm Tater will work, you'll probably only need one piece of that as it is much heavier than cotton or Zap It.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll go look for some Zap it. I only have the kind you use for a hot pad or trivet. I don't remember the name!

Now Nicki-I think you might be telling just a little white lie about being good-I don't know??I better hush-you might get me with that seam ripper LOL!!!!

Can't wait for class to begin!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5905 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I have a small piece of Warm Tater & I also have some Insul-Bright. I bet I can't use Insul-Bright since it has that insulation stuff in it. Right?

NICUnurse, you see that I said "I think I will behave myself this year". Sooooo, I'm not making any promises! Wink

Nicki

Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
NO!!!! Do not use Insul Bright

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Did I miss the supply list for this weeks PJ Party?

Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Nope...it wasn't posted.

You'll need some scraps of fabric (rectangles that are 1-3inches wide and about five inches long are perfect.

A #2 lead pencil.

Some embroidery thread or perle cotton...and a needle.

That's it. I'll give you a link to print out the stitching templates on paper...and we will begin then.

Hugs,

Posts: 4644 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Hoping I get to attend this weeks class, last week was a blast...it makes it really difficult for me because of the time difference.

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7125 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Well, we have 2 "great" classes done. Thanks to our teachers.

Next week will be a snowflake project by Gonesewin. I won't be here for that - will have to catch it later as I will be at Ariz. State where my DGS goes for Homecoming.

Mary

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Just moving this up.

posted Hide Post
ttt

Posts: 1129 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Here is a pic of the project and supply list I signed up to share. The vinyl pouch PJ session will be on Oct. 25th, 5:30 PST (8:30 EST). As you can see any fabric will work. Once you have the technique down you can vary the sizes of the pouches.
Supply List:
2 pieces of fabric 5" x 8"
2 pieces of fabric 1 1/2" x 3"
2 pieces of vinyl 4 1/2" x 8" (8,10 or 12 gauge) - I like the 10 gauge it is a med weight
1 all purpose nylon zipper - 12" or longer (we will cut to size)
Thread to match or contrast fabric (will be visible through vinyl
Zipper foot
Teflon foot or regular foot with masking tape on bottom
90/14 sewing machine needles
Basic sewing & cutting supplies

***Once you sew on vinyl it is perforated. You might want to buy a little extra for creative changes .
If you have any questions about the supplies, please let me know.

Hugs,Dianne

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fleur55,

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
I will see you Friday nite. I will be home by the and I think I have everything I need.

Mary

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Glad the schedule was still available. I was just talking with my sisters today and told them I had the class on the 8th. Sue said the class couldn't be that night if it was next week. Guess I'm just anxious to host. It is 3 Fridays from now. LOL

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
I just looked at the schedule and see we have no project scheduled for this Friday.

So it will be an off nite ladies. Will get back in gear for Nov. 8th.

Mary

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
TTT, Looking forward to next week, Sue was over and we took step by step pictures that I have to resize and hers turned out really cute. She used red fabrics. Hope someone joins Sue and I on the 8th to learn basic pp.

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
HI ladies,

Getting ready for the paper piecing class this Friday nite and I see that patty j is getting ready too.

Need to get some wine and chocolate and will be all set.

Mry

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Patty, if life doesn't get in the way of things I definately plan to be there for your pp Christmas tree. I sooooo want to learn to do pp'ing better than I am right now.

Nicki

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Sue is going to be here making one while I man the computer, we took lots of pictures that I just finished resizing so that should help visualize how things should go.

posted Hide Post
Looks like Shawl is our Hostess/Teacher on Friday..Silk Roses?????

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10186 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Nope TCMay...Irises!

I have Aidan here this weekend...and today since it's a holiday and school is out.

But, later tonight or tomorrow at latest...I'll post a supply list.

Hugs,

Posts: 4644 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love silk Irises,no matter what you show it will be beautiful.

I have the sweetest little pillows(3) I found 2 years ago someone has done them so beautifully.Such a treasure and beyond my talents.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10186 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Well, Kathy had a great class last nite and I did my iris which I really like.

Next Friday will be CQ placemats by KBlue so will be looking forward to that and that should winde up the classes before the holiday.

Mary