Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Mystery Sister Block Swap - July - Let's See All Your Blocks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mystery Sister Block Swap - July - Let's See All Your Blocks Sign In/Join 
Picture of Quiltingnewbie2
posted Hide Post
Nothing fun in my. Mailbox today...

Posts: 1167 | Location: Still lost in a quilt store.... | Registered: Mar 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Sill no block for me either.

J Lu

Posts: 1092 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
No block for me either. Darn!

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2262 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
terrible mailing.. and fleur55 booted me cuz I wouldn't mail as she requested. but my blocks were not late..

Posts: 4447 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Quiltnanny - nice to see you are stopping by to check out the beautiful blocks in this swap.

Yes we do have some tardiness with our mailings, but I think it would be better if you had all the facts before posting. As hostess I handle the running of the swap through the PM system provided, since some of the reasons are of a personal nature as you are aware of.

I'm sorry that you still have hurt feelings about leaving the swap but you had the option to follow the guidelines as each of the sisters did. I even offered to help with the postage after you told me that it was an issue, you chose to leave I didn't "boot" you out. That is why I respond to problems and issues in PM's as not to put in front of the whole board.

Posts: 766 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..oh Quiltnanny I can't believe you posted that on the thread .. We all knew when we started the swap that there were guidelines we were to follow. And for good reason... I'm sure my MS is using some spendy fabric on my blocks, and if even one were lost along the way we would both be very sad .. having those tracking #s can be a real help if there are issues with the PO - and who hasn't ever had a problem with mail or a package?
We have both been hostesses and we both know the problems that come with that job...
I'm surprised at your attitude, especially toward a new hostess that is working so hard to make it a successful swap for all of us.

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9134 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as I almost didn't sign up for the swap due to the added cost of tracking #'s, I'm glad I did-- a way to keep everyone accountable. The guidelines were posted at the beginning of the swap so everyone would be on the same page.

Here are all my lovely blocks so far:

Posts: 1966 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.... my blocks are all different patterns and techniques .. my problem will be figuring out a perfect sashing for all this prettiness

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9134 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
My MS did it again a beautiful block. Here is the single of July' s block I will post all seven this weekend.

July

Posts: 438 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
my post wasn't meant to offend anyone, just voicing my opinion.

Posts: 4447 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Here's my July block that came today.

Posts: 4692 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
And here are my blocks to date...

Posts: 4692 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to take a picture this weekend and post my beautiful blocksSmile

Posts: 1167 | Location: Still lost in a quilt store.... | Registered: Mar 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Me too!

Posts: 2900 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
1.05 for tracking only 1 time a month should not be an issue for anyone wanting to be in the swap.. I think we all spend more than 1 single dollar on "un"-necessities in a month.. cokes, gum, etc...

The rules were in place when we all hit the reply button and asked to be in the swap.

It isn't fair to poke negative punches at the hostess now. If you want to poke at someone, poke me... I am one of the ones who advised her to have it as a rule. It keeps us all accountable.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25862 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Not in this swap but sure love the blocks shown TFS!!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8972 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Still nothing

J Lu

Posts: 1092 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm usually the one waiting, so hoping for surprises in people's mailboxes on Monday.

Posts: 1966 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you mystery sister ! My beautiful block arrived yesterday.. I just emailed Dianne a picture to post for me!

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Posting for Quiltingnewbie2 and Justaquiltn'. Very nice blocks.

I'm loving seeing the 7 blocks all together, it really helps to see what pattern may be needed to round out the quilt. Hoping to the rest soon!

Only 3 more sisters left to receive their July blocks, we should see them in Monday's mail Smile

Posts: 766 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Here's Justaquiltin'

Picture of justaquiltin'
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say thank you for the beautiful block. I love the colors.

Posts: 276 | Location: , | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Nope! Not yet.

J Lu

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
My block arrived yesterday and , as usual, it's fantastically well made...and of course, it complements the previous blocks.

I'll get photos of them all later.

Posts: 2262 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Still nothing.

J Lu

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
I will be away from my computer the week of July 27th. We still have 2 sisters without their July block, J Lu and Missmommy. The blocks should arrive soon.

I will post the August thread on the 26th for all the early birds in the group Smile Can you believe we are at month #8!!

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Have a good trip/vacation/time away! Smile

Still waiting for some of our sister's to post all of their blocks. Wink

Posts: 10564 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Sorry I took so long to post a pic of my blocks together. I saw this request at a time I was very busy, then forgot about it.

Posts: 6613 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 3379 | Location: Soon to be NC | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Love seeing all the blocks together. I was going to take a picture of my blocks last night and realized I am missing one. I have been moving all my sewing stuff into my new sewing room and one block obviously didn't get moved. As soon as I find it I will get a picture.

Posts: 2900 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I received my July block today with a note apologizing for being late. I have been soooo busy I didn't realize I hadn't gotten the July block yet. It's a beauty...and great workmanship. I sent a pic to Diane for her to post for me! Thanks Sis.

Posts: 3379 | Location: Soon to be NC | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Will be starting an August thread. Please post the remaining July blocks here on this thread Smile

Missmommy I did not receive a pic from you, I checked both email and messages. If it comes before I'm away from my computer I will get it posted for you.Smile

Nice to see all the blocks together!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Still no July block. Maybe next week

J Lu

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Posting for Missmommy

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Love it! Thanks Diane for posting.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful block missmommy

J Lu

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
When you see it in person it seems to be 3 dimensional. Very cool.

Sis - can you send me the pattern for that block?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Missmommy,

posted Hide Post
I love everyone's blocks! BUT.. we are still missing a few photo's of all the blocks together. Wink

Posts: 10564 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
I'm guilty of not posting pics... just went out to get some batteries so will post a picture of my pretties later on.

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10276 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I received my blocks today and they are really cute. I can not wait to make this quilt

J Lu

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Here's my July block - another winner!

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
And here are all 7 together.

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
nice groups of blocks

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
WOW! SOme incredible grouping of blocks - nice job ladies!

Here are the seven I have received so far.... I'm in awe at how perfectly put together each block is - my MS must be a perfectionist. Thank you!

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10276 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Pretty blocks, Nickilee. I like the way you arranged them to emphasize the diagonal lines.

My August block is already here! I'll get a picture posted soon because I want you all to see this beauty.

Posts: 6613 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have some beauties Nicki! It almost looks like it was planned to have chain type blocks every other month~? Impressive!! Smile

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Very nice ladies

J Lu

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Here's my July

J Lu