Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Merry Merry Snowmen Sew Along - Quilt Top! WINNER POSTED!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merry Merry Snowmen Sew Along - Quilt Top! WINNER POSTED! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted
Can you really believe we are ready to put these blocks in to a quilt top form?

Our prize this round will come from the prize kitty. It will be a 50.00 gift certificate to your favorite quilt shop online. The winner will tell me where to purchase it from.

Merry Merry Snowmen Sew Along!!

Pattern designed by Anne Sutton, of Bunny Hill Designs

Merry Merry Snowmen - Size 62 x 66 inches

During the sew along, you will all have a time frame to complete each block. Completed means -- complete -- It does not mean applying fusible to your pieces and ironing them down only. It means adding the stitches around your pieces that anchor them to the blocks. Please play fair.

You will be uploading a photo of your completed block on a pre-selected day here on the forum so we can share with the other members not in the sew along. A Flickr Group has been started for our blocks and you all will be able to upload your photos there as well. Just follow this link to our group and as you upload your photo, you will be added to the group. http://www.flickr.com/groups/merrymerrysnowmen/

Everyone who finishes their blocks by the schedule will be put in to a drawing to win a prize. First name drawn will win the current prize. Some of the prizes have been listed and others will be listed as I know what they will be. I have a few sponsors and un-sponsored monthly prizes will come from the prize kitty.

You can not win the prize more than once in a 3 month period. We still expect you to work on your blocks for the next 2 current months though and share photos just as you had been doing.

At the end when all blocks are finished, everyone will then have a time frame to get their blocks in to quilt top form. A winner will be drawn from all who post their photo by the specified time.

After that everyone will have a time frame to get their quilt finished and bound. Everyone who completes this will be put in a drawing for a much nicer prize and the name drawn will win.

A 12th and final prize will be given to the name drawn from all eligible entries of those who took part 100%. 100% means that you made each block and uploaded a photo of it by each deadline. You were never late and you finished your quilt by the end time permitted.

Here is the schedule I have set up in order for us to have our quilts finished and ready to use for Christmas 2013.

I will start a brand new thread for each installment. PLEASE do not upload any other photos but the current block we are working on. Thank you.

March 1 - March 26 --- Photos of BLOCK #1 are due to post on March 26th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop. www.fatquartershop.com

March 26 - April 20 --- Photos of BLOCK #2 are due to post on April 20th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 50.00 gift certificate from Stitch and Frame. www.stitch-n-frame.net

April 20 - May 15 --- Photos of BLOCK #3 are due to post on May 15th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 50.00 gift certificate from Bunny Hill Designs. http://www.bunnyhilldesigns.com

May 15 - June 8 --- Photos of BLOCK #4 are due to post on June 8th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 50.00 gift certificate from Stitch and Frame. www.stitch-n-frame.net

June 8 - July 2 --- Photos of BLOCK #5 are due to post on July 2nd by 7 a.m. Eastern time - Prize will come from the prize fund and will be a 30.00 gift certificate to Connecting Threads. http://www.connectingthreads.com/Quilting.cfm

July 2 - July 26 --- Photos of BLOCK #6 are due to post on July 26th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Quilts Like Crazy in Wake Forest, NC is our prize sponsor this round. She is gifting (2) 15.00 gift certificates! 2 winners this round! http://quiltslikecrazy.com

July 26 - August 20 --- Photos of BLOCK #7 are due to post on August 20th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop. www.fatquartershop.com

August 20 - September 14 --- Photos of BLOCK #8 are due to post on September 14th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 99.00 quilt kit.

September 14 - October 8 --- Photos of BLOCK #9 are due to post on October 8th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop.
www.fatquartershop.com

October 8 - November 5 --- Photos of completed quilt tops are to be posted on November 5th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. All sashing and borders have been applied and it is ready for quilting! Prize will come from the prize kitty and is a 50.00 gift certificate to winners favorite online shop.

November 5 - December 7 --- Photos of finished quilts WITH binding are to be posted on December 7th by 7 a.m. Eastern time

Then --- ENJOY your brand new Christmas quilt!

IF you cannot upload photos to the forum you can email me a photo of your block and I can upload it for you. IF you need to do this do not wait until the last minute to email me the photo. ALL emailed photos should be in my inbox the day before they are due. This gives me time to re-size and get them posted on time.

I am keeping sheets here at home to keep up with who finished their blocks for each round. The symbols were getting too confusing.

Participants:

1. Mo.star
2. califshrimp
3. warmbuns
4. Kentucky Sunshine
5. elainetoo (Nancy)
6. yhtac
7. Mountain laurel
8. SCLady (Libby)
9. ddquilts (Dolores)
10. MyJack
11. wenonah (Jackie)
12. quiltaholic (Thearica)
13. headielamar (Lisa)
14. J Lu (Jan)
15. paus4quilts (Pauline)
16. Brandyquilter
17. crazy'boutquilts
18. shequilts (Sheila)
19. Meme Quilts (Mary)
20. mi. debbie (Debbie)
21. amiko (Darlene)
22. gremgramma
23. ivy_cottage81 (Karen)
24. mw8930 - (marj)
25. Gracie/Ohio
26. Shawkl (Kathy)
27. zeydrago
28. Ely (Elizabeth)
29. sprmom

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25827 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
For the ones who have not finished blocks we have already been through... Remember, you can still get your name in the pot for 100% participation if you get them finished and post a photo.

There will be 2 - 100% - participation prizes in the end... One for those who were on time every time... and one for everyone who made all of the blocks, and finished their quilt top by the deadline.

So get busy, you have not been left behind. Smile

Here is the thread for posting ALL past blocks as you finish:

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/9933949077

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

Posts: 25827 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Here she is. I'm going to hate to give her up.

J Lu

Posts: 1026 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have so enjoyed seeing all of the blocks you are all making, but to see them all together is, well, amazing! I look forward to seeing more tops!
Thanks,
Susan

Posts: 725 | Location: West Central Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, its gonna be so neat to see all of these!! Lovely, J Lu!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6586 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
Jan - who are you giving up that lovely, amazing and creative quilt to - someone in your guild perhaps?

Posts: 2155 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Mine is all together (has been for awhile). I'll post a pic tonight from home. I had it hanging in my studio for several weeks trying to decide on a backing and how to quilt it. I guess it's time now to make some decisions. I'm anxious to get it done because DH and DGS told me when I started it that I would never be done in time for this Christmas. Boy are they going to eat some crow!!

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2829 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Here is my top.

Posts: 2829 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
My top is done. Now the fun begins. I'm ready to quilt.

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 731 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Marlene.. I think Jan has decided I am her "special" Christmas gift recipient this year... hehe

That is gorgeous JLu! I see it is already quilted and bound! Might as well go ahead and mail it on down here... i would begin displaying that right now. Smile

Guess we are gonna play tug of war over this one! ha!

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Looking great ladies!!

Quilt Toppers!

JLu
Meme quilts
shequilts

posted Hide Post
These are all terrific. Mine will not be finished this year. I am still on block six I think. Long delay going on here. Jackie

Posts: 851 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Feb 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Thank you ladies but, unfortunately you would have to fight my DIL over this one. I've already had to fight with the husband he just loves red. My thing is Santa though. I had so much fun with this. My addictive behavior wanted to keep going. I may have to make another one.

J Lu

Posts: 1026 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so impressed! Some finished quilts and they are beauties. You ladies rock!
A job well done. Can't wait to see them all. I have been to a couple of quilt shows this year and seen a couple of quilts made from this pattern, it appears to be a very popular quilt, with good reason.
Rondi

Posts: 1552 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Top is done, I hope to get it sandwiched while at a mini-retreat the end of the month.

Posts: 4636 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
quote:
ply

They are just magically beautiful. Congratulations on finishing. I have seen one of these made up at our local quilt shop. I would have a hard time giving it up too! Big Grin

Posts: 410 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shey..
posted Hide Post
wow... GORGEOUS!!... you all did a fantastic job on it!!...

i need to get back to mine... i'm only up to working on block 3... so.. i have a LONNGGG way to go.. (i'm doing a hand blanket stitch on it).. but i do love this quilt.. so it's one that i will finish... (eventually.. lol)..

shey..

my blog.. http://sheysstitchinmagic.blogspot.com/

"come hell .. come high water... you push on me.. i'm gonna push back harder... i got a whole lot more than a little bit left...

Posts: 3479 | Location: FL | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mw8930
posted Hide Post
Beautiful quilt tops ladies.
I will not get mine finished for this sal, but I plan to get it done by next Christmas.

Marj

Posts: 303 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
They have each turned out beautiful!

Posts: 1414 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Oh so cute, the same yet different. Gives incentive to make be get back to the blocks. Still on block six.

Posts: 8074 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Hot off the ironing board! Smile

Posts: 10496 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
woo-hoo!

posted Hide Post
LOL~ thanks for the kick in the pants every month. Wink

Posts: 10496 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
How wonderful to see them come to completion!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7511 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
cbq, I love the green in your top. It really makes everything pop. Great job!!

I got my backing pieced and hopefully this weekend I can get started quilting on it.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Lookin good ladies

J Lu

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Who all are working away? Smile

posted Hide Post
These quilts are just spectacular! I knew I would wish I had done this! Great job ladies!

Posts: 3463 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
All the quilts are absolutely wonderful!!! Well doneSmile

Posts: 383 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. You all did a fantastic job.

Posts: 3011 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
beautiful job ladies. They are all just wonderful.

So different looking just by changing the colors.

I have blocks 1,2,3,4, and 7 done. I will finish it and I am taking it on my two week trek to Henderson, NC back thru Odenville, AL and then back home. We will see what might happen in that time frame. I am still hoping to get it done for Christmas just wont be making the deadlines for any prizes.

Posts: 3629 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Ladies those are absolutely ADORABLE!!!! You all did such a great job!!! Thanks for sharing.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3012 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, these are great. Crazy, I love yours.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6586 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lovely quilts! I have my blocks assembled and am auditioning borders. Hope to have a decision soon. Smile

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5095 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Brandy... To be eligible for the prize this time please upload a photo of your quilt top. Smile

posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies! I just had to have some green in mine. LOL Wink

I love seeing all the different versions of the same pattern. Smile

posted Hide Post
Here it is, hot off the machine, my finished top. Now to find a back I like and get quilting.

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5095 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mw8930
posted Hide Post
Brandy - I love your quilt top!

Marj

Posts: 303 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the bits of lavender in it Brandy! Smile

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Really cute tops. Brandy - beautifully soft looking.

Posts: 8074 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spectacular quilts, ladies! I watched Kathy working on hers, and it was not easy with all those pieces and details. Now if someone wants to give me theirs...!

Posts: 1059 | Location: Smoky Mountains TN | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Brandy, I have loved each block as you posted them and the top is fantastic!!

Picture of shey..
posted Hide Post
each and every one of them are gorgeous...

brandy .. i have loved that shabby chic palette from the beginning.. and i love the blue ones too... and the reds.. and the country Christmas colours and.. well you get the idea.. they are ALL fab!!...

meme.. i love the extra sashing on yours.. gives me something to think about when (IF??).. i ever get that far.. lol..

shey..

my blog.. http://sheysstitchinmagic.blogspot.com/

"come hell .. come high water... you push on me.. i'm gonna push back harder... i got a whole lot more than a little bit left...

Posts: 3479 | Location: FL | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Ladies your quilts are All splendid, well done...I need to get busy on mine...and get it finished, you ladies have sure inspired me once again peeking in at your beautiful tops! Thank you.

Hugs Trish

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7035 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
I posted my block 9 - wrong picture and do not know how to delete it.

Here is my completed quilt top.
amiko

Posts: 379 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amiko:

amiko

Very nice, you ladies have all wowed me with your beauties...

To delete the pic of your # 9 block, look at the bottom right of your post, and you will see 3 little icons the first one is to post a reply and quote someone...the second is a folder with an eraser ( that is the one you choose ) then you click on the left where you would normally see add attachment, and it will say edit or delete.

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7035 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Dang! There is only 5 days left to show off your quilt top! Where did these 3 weeks go!

Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
The quilt tops are absolutely delightful and I love them all! Well done, gals.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2209 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
They are all so pretty. Everyone in my family is screaming to get it. #2 son and DD are so lucky. DH is having a cow I'm givin her away.

J Lu

Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kentucky_Sunshine:
quote:
Originally posted by amiko:

amiko

Very nice, you ladies have all wowed me with your beauties...

To delete the pic of your # 9 block, look at the bottom right of your post, and you will see 3 little icons the first one is to post a reply and quote someone...the second is a folder with an eraser ( that is the one you choose ) then you click on the left where you would normally see add attachment, and it will say edit or delete.

THANKS, I WAS ABLE TO DELETE THE INCORRECT PICTURE. HAVE A GOOD DAY,
amiko

Posts: 379 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post