Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  NQA show- June 2013- 6th Annual HGTV lunch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NQA show- June 2013- 6th Annual HGTV lunch Sign In/Join 
Picture of gardenpat
posted
Hi everyone,

Hard to believe that it is already May!!! So it's time to look at your calendars to see if you can come to what will be our 6th Annual HGTV lunch at my house in Columbus Ohio!

The NQA show runs from Thursday, June 27- Saturday, June 29. Here's a link to their website:
http://nqaquiltshow.org

For those of you haven't previously come, here is an overview:
The show takes place in Downtown Columbus.
My house is about 5 minutes from the show venue and we can provide transportation from the show to my house and returning you back to the show.
This is a free lunch and we have our annual "decluttering of Pat's stash of fabric, books, etc", so you may leave afterwards with a full stomach as well as a bag full of "new" quilting stash!

So, what's not to like?!!! It's also a chance to visit with other HGTV quilting board members!

With that in mind, I need to get an estimate of who might come as well as a date preference.

I will be checking the Board sporadically during May due to some family medical procedures in mid-May so please let me know if you want the tradition to continue or if no one (but me) is still interested!

pat

Posts: 5053 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want the tradition to continue! I love this time spent together at your house.
That being said, I won't be able to attend this year. The weekend before is the COF retreat in PA and I will be there for several days ( using up valuable vacation time from work) making it hard to get off to come to Ohio too.
So sorry, wish I could spread myself thinner, or wish harder that my job wasn't a committment I didn't have to keep.
Will miss you all. Thank you again for opening your home to us all.

Rondi

Posts: 1542 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Pat, I would LOVE to come, especially since I had to miss the show in Cincinnati. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend either. My doc has agreed to skip the treatment the week before so I can attend the retreat, on the condition I have it when I get back. I will in no way be in any condition to drive to attend the show. I am so sorry because it is truly one of the best times I have!

Posts: 5675 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TerryOH
posted Hide Post
Pat, since I retired from working for pay I am available any day (as long as the DGKs cooperate and stay out of hospitals). I can provide transportation as I still have my van. Just pick a day and I will be in front of the convention center.

TerryOH

Posts: 2372 | Location: OH | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man! Would I love to come but I am staying close to home for a while and will have to decline...maybe next year?

Posts: 3410 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
Frown This has been a busy year already! So sad that the COF Retreat is the weekend before NQA. Tomorrow I will be driving to Ann Arbor with one of my daughters as she has her pre-op checkUp prior to donating a kidney to my brother-in-law on May 22. knowing that Dave and I will be up there to take her for the surgery and staying until she is released and then bringing her home to Ohio, I realized that I better get this announcement posted now rather than later when I'm distracted!

I hope that there are some of you that still may be able to come, but Rondi & McPatches- I know you would come if it were possible, so I'll look forward to seeing you next time!

pat

Posts: 5053 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was sure I could come this year,until I received a call from my nephew....he is engaged and the wedding is June 29th in Alabama...so I will be "Bama Bound" instead...I never thought he would marry so I was speechless we he called. I should add I was the 2nd person he called to announce his happy news so Auntie MUST ATTEND SmileYeah he is kinda' special...the quilt will have to come later....no time.

Blessings to your family on the kidney journey and bless your daughter....

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9951 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
I hope to make it!!, Mary Ann, if you need a ride I would come & get you!

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Some day when I am no longer working... Chris

Posts: 5880 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
TcMay- congratulations to your nephew!!!! You can't miss that sweet occasion!

Sprmom- if MaryAnn is up for it,that would be great! Probably will make most sense to play it by ear for that since it's still over a month out!

pat

posted Hide Post
What day are you thinking? I doubt I can make it , getting home from the retreat late Tuesday and have appts on Friday I moved because of that. I would not attend the show anyway but enjoyed the lunch visits.

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
Aliquilt- right now I am totally flexible about the days but am wondering if there will be enough interest to have the luncheon! I have truly loved hosting this and will keep this post going on the board until much closer to the time of the NQA show. But if no one really wants to come this time, I may delay it until next year!!!

Just for my own info- will the 2014 Retreat conflict again will the NQA dates?

gardenpat

posted Hide Post
COF 2014 has not been decided,they are talking about a possible cruise from what I'm reading.

ETA,here is the latest Post on 2014

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/3943932077

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TcMay,

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9951 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard yet if NQA will still be in Columbus next year. I seem to remember hearing that it would be moving after this year.

Posts: 3546 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
An non- I heard that they were saying that NQA wouldn't be in Columbus in 2013 and,yet, here it comes! So I guess I'll believe it when it actually happens!

Pat

Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
Yes, I heard that too. Then I heard they extended for another year. They can keep it in Columbus forever as far as I'm concerned! It's an easy drive from Dayton.

Posts: 3546 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1542 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
I have a different job this year, so I can probably attend the show on Friday only.
Is anyone going this year?

Posts: 3676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely going (I have 2 quilts in the show) but I don't know which day, Thursday or Saturday. I go with my quilt group. We are there from about ten to three, and I need the entire day to see the show. Lots of shopping to do!

I hope all that go have a really good time!

Ann

Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
not sure yet if I am coming, will depend on a doc visit earlier that week,

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post