Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  You REALLY SHOULD check out the COF 2013 blog! AGENDA is published :)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You REALLY SHOULD check out the COF 2013 blog! AGENDA is published :) Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted
Who is excited to spend some time with 60 of your closest quilty friends in the WARM, FRIENDLY, farmlands of Pennsylvania???

As we get closer to the RETREAT dates there'll be information there that you JUST DON"T WANT TO MISS!!!

BLOG --> http://cof2013.blogspot.com/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4914 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Lori that is such a cute puppy on the blog. We haven't had much snow in northern IL, but I do love the clean look of it.

On a quilty note, What am I going to do with that challenge fabric? :-P

Posts: 979 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are hosting a wonderful retreat Lori, I even had fun looking at the Sunday Surprise Cute idea. Hope others check out your blog. Have fun.

Posts: 7842 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
DJ Brown - I am still wondering the same thing...

Me too Patty j Big Grin

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4914 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lori, I have referred to the blog several times. You have lots of information there we need to read and refer back to.
I missed the Sunday tab this week. I will pay attention next Sunday.

Rondi

Posts: 1542 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I try to go out every 3-4 days to see what's new on the blog.

I go along with "what to do with the project fabric.."?

Posts: 7989 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
we still haven't gotten to #13...

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I tried to publish a fun event but I don't have a Profile name from one of those options.?????

Posts: 9462 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I finally have an idea for the challenge fabric. I think getting the idea is half the battle!!

Posts: 2784 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
So much to do around the area of the retreat, how do you decided if your time is limited?

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
DJBrown, how did you post? Can you help Auntie Reba?

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Oh, I missed the new tabs also. So much information available. Thank you.

Posts: 7989 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Gonesew, I have a gmail account (gmail email). If you want users that do not have specific accounts to be able to post, you need to open comments up to anonymous users.

Normally I would say not to do that, but with the blog only being used for a few more months it shouldn't be too bad. You can monitor the comments and only release the ones with signatures, or delete any bad one once a day. Call me if you need help. But not today until after 5, I'm having a root canal at noon, by 5 I should be able to talk. Smile

posted Hide Post
Good luck DJBrown! I had 2 done and hearing other people describe them was WAY worse than having it done Smile Hope yours is as smooth as mine were.

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1798 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Ok, I've made it so any of us can leave comments.

Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Im back! The DDS wasn't as bad as I had heard, but it wasn't what I would call a picnic. Big Grin

Still tender, and I go back in 3 weeks to finish the procedure. The best part is he is working on a tooth that has a crown. So he is drilling thru the crown and in the end says he will fill the 3 holes just like a cavity. Wait - thats the Best Part??? It should save me a little $ at least.

And on a quilty note: My QOV top is done, I will get a pic of it during the day tomorrow to post.

Deb

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple root canals in my day - I would rather give multiple births!

Again we didn't reach 13 so, again, no prize this week.

I posted a new Sunday Sur-Prize though, hopefully more will join in!

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
What? Should I answer now and be number 4 or 5 or wait till the end of the week when I could be number 12 or 13?

Posts: 5674 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'd wait, just don't forget Wink

posted Hide Post
Really? It's that slow? Here I've been trying to answer as soon as I can on Sunday because I thought that everyone would be playing. There is a lot to do in the area. I don't live that far away and I'm surprised at all there is to do. How do we have time for classes and other retreat activities?

Posts: 182 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Well, I think I found the answer but I don't have a gmail account any longer and don't want a new one. I won't post what I found so that someone else can find it Smile I do read what is there every so often but since I don't have one of those accounts I don't post anything Smile You may be getting more traffic than you realize.

Posts: 6454 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
you may send a PM if you don't have email.

for some reason there aren't a lot playing. If things don't pick up I may start throwing the player's names in a hat and choosing a winner that way...

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I found the answer but Didn't jump on it this time. Maybe picking from a hat isn't a bad idea?

Posts: 3288 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
Just what ARE the retreat activities? I haven't located a list anywhere, so it's rather difficult to plan anything else yet. Is there a link?

Elle~~

Posts: 814 | Location: Norfolk, VA & FL Keys | Registered: Feb 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
I have the link for the blog, but I haven't seen a list for the "activities" - i.e., a "schedule". Is there one?

Elle~~

Posts: 814 | Location: Norfolk, VA & FL Keys | Registered: Feb 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Elle - et al...The "activities/agenda" won't come out until probably April or May.

Here is what happened in Branson and you can assume it'll be similar in Harrisburg.

FRIDAY - Sept 21st

7:00am ~ CONFERENCE ROOMS OPEN ~ COFFEE, TEA, WATER AVAILABLE
REGISTRATION IN GOLF VIEW ROOM TIL 12:45 pm
Bring FQ challenge projects - in BROWN BAG - will be set up to display

7:00 - 11:00am. - Sit, sew and visit. Get some of your pillow squares signed and passing out any gifts you may have brought for others. OR VISIT BRANSON UNTIL RETREAT STARTS @ 1:00

8:00am ~ CBQ will be doing Siggy Swap
Committee and helpers will be setting up sewing machines, FQ challenge and Row Robins

11-12:45pm ~ Lunch Break! (BRANSON ~ on our own)

1-3:30pm ~ RETREAT OFFICIAL BEGINS

Welcome and Special Guest~ Welcome
Get to Know you games ~Rainbow
Announcements~ FQ challenge voting (will have forms in welcome bags)
SHOW & TELL & GAMES ~ Please bring 1 show and tell item to this session, or talk about your Row Robin fun

3:30pm ~ Group Photo OUTSIDE {{Wear your RETREAT SHIRTS!}}

4:00 - 6:00pm ~ Classes 2 Hr classes

6-7:30pm ~ Kick Off Dinner Celebration!!
GUESTS AND GUEST SPEAKERS
Theme is: "WHAT QUILTERS DO IN LOVE"
Buffet dinner served

7:30pm ~ Boutique time set-up in Mulligan Room;
RMH ticket sales in CLUBHOUSE ROOM

8:00 - 10:00pm ~ FQ Bingo OR CHAT.

10:00pm ~ pack up Boutiques

11:00pm ~ CONFERENCE ROOMS LOCKED

SATURDAY - Sept 22

7:00am ~ CONFERENCE ROOM OPEN ~ COFFEE, AVAILABLE
8:00am ~ Meet at front entrance ~ Load Bus or pull your car around
Travel to Ozark Piecemakers Quilt Guild Show

Lunch on your own at show

1:00pm ~ Load bus for return trip and stop at Fabric Outlet

3:30pm ~ Return to Thousand Hills

4:00 - 6:00pm ~ Classes

6:15 - 7:30pm ~ Dinner served in CLUBHOUSE ROOM

7:30 - 8:00pm ~ Announcements. Set up boutiques etc

8:00pm ~ Open Boutiques, FQ challenge voting closes @ 8pm
RMH TICKET SALES ONLY TIL 9pm

8:00 -9:30pm ~ Classes or chat

9:30pm ~ FQ BINGO OR CHAT OR FREE TIME to finish projects, chat & relax

10:00pm ~ pack up Boutiques

11:00pm ~ CONFERENCE ROOMS LOCKED

SUNDAY - Sept 23rd

7:00am ~ Conference Rooms Opened ~ COFFEE, TEA & WATER will be served

8:00am ~ Announcements & welcome next hostess

8:30am ~ Quilt Raffle with Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Ozarks!!!!

FQ Challenge prizes announced
CLOSING THOUGHTS ON RETREAT

11:00am ~ Hotel check out for those leaving
Shuttle Riders can store in Conf Room
You can call that morning for availability if you would like a late check-out

11:30am ~ Lunch in meeting room

1:00 - 3:00pm ~ Classes~~

4:00 ~ CLOSING RETREAT & SHARING

5:00pm ~ RETREAT OFFICIALLY CLOSES
Packing, cleaning then dinner in town

8:00pm ~ NEED TO BE CLEANED OUT FOR HOTEL STAFF TO CLEAN

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Sent in my answer - think I got it.

Thanks for opening the comments to Anonymous

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
ttt

Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
I think I found it too, but then the timing to respond is the next variable. Looking forward to the fun. Warm weather sounds good too.

Posts: 731 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on ladies. Lets start playing this game on the blog. If more of us start playing I may have a chance to win a prize.
At any rate, if you haven't looked at blog recently there is a lot of neat information on there. I can't wait to see Pennsylvania!

Rondi

Posts: 1542 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I'm having a bit of trouble when I click on the blog link...an 'error' messge pops up....it's got to be something w/ 'MY' laptop OR is anyone else having problems??

Guess I'll have to try later...

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I got in ok. I also sent my answer. Hope I wasn't too soon...or too late Roll Eyes

Posts: 4578 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I finally got in...don't know what the problrm was...I sent an email to the ? this week...probably too soon but it's FUN to play! Wink

THANKS for all your time/work Lori & committee!

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I know the answer to #4! But it's too early to reply - we'll waffle until we think we can be number 13 in replying... Smile

posted Hide Post
Lori! You are so sneaky! I had to look at page twice. So obvious that I kept overlooking it.

Rondi

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Wave ooh, ooh I know the answer!! Now to wait for just the right moment to answer. Can I be #13 2 weeks in row?? Big Grin

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Got my Sunday Sur-prize prize today! A cute Snap-Happy bag & 2 FQ. One of 'em is our COF Challenge fabric...but I can't use it in my challenge piece Frown

Thanks Lori! Big Grin

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
We only have 9 answers so far...If we don't come up w/ 13 I will put the correct answers into a basket and draw a winner Big Grin

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll send an answer to bring it up to 10.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
We have a WINNER! aka Teddylady was the 13th person with the correct answer. I will get her prize out later this week.

posted Hide Post
That was so easy! Loved what you directed us too, I'm going back and looking later when I have more time.
Thank you for all the effort you are putting into this to keep us in the loop.
Rondi

Sent you an email with an answer for today's quiz.

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
That's a really cool trip planner....lost myself in there for awhile Smile

Posts: 6454 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I just tried to check it out & again I couldn't get in...will re boot my pc and try checking again later.

I want to let ya'll know that I've started my 'lil gifties'!! Big Grin I rec'd a very cute Christm@s gift and got the patterns to make them! Big Grin

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Are you not able to get to the blog, the "site" isn't working, not able to log into the site or is the trip planner not working?

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I just tried it and everything is working, including the username, password for the site.

Posts: 3288 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Great info. I send my reply yesterday.

Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Miss mommy. Password is COF2013. Make sure you have the caps lock on for the COF

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
DJ, I'm not having any problems, I was responding to someone else, but thanks

posted Hide Post
I received my Sunday Sur-prize yesterday--a cute pattern, a fat quarter and some more challenge fabric that I promise I will not use in my Challenge Quilt. Thanks, Lori. I am enjoying seeing what you come up with each week. You're doing a great job!

Posts: 182 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Last chance to get your answer to me if you haven't already...