Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  You REALLY SHOULD check out the COF 2013 blog! AGENDA is published :)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You REALLY SHOULD check out the COF 2013 blog! AGENDA is published :) Sign In/Join 
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Sunday Sur-prize not up yet. I missed this last week, found the answer the first day and forgot to go back later to submit. Oh well.

Posts: 7994 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Elainetoo -try again. It's been up since early this morning and I've had 2 people respond so far.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Answer sent.. so many to choose from..

Posts: 7994 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Lori,

I want to send in my last payment for COF but I want to know if the fee for the early bird dinner is still $25?

Mary

Posts: 3935 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Mary, et al. We still aren't sure about the Early Bird dinner but we will let everyone know as soon as we do!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
On the blog you mentioned looking for EBQG's post for the FQ Bingo. That post is actually from Owie...just in case anyone is looking for it! Smile

Posts: 4578 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
oops, I knew that. I'd better go fix it. Thanks for keeping me straight :-)

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
This week's winner is Janet Fogel! I drew her name from all those who answered the Sunday Sur-Prize question AND she happened to be the one who got the answer correctSmile I really want to go to the National Civil War Museum. It turns out that she does too so if you can't find us one day you might wanna look there Big Grin

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Whoohoo! Thanks Lori. I can't believe I won both. Smile

Posts: 3288 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Oops! I forgot to answer this week. Congrats Missmommy!

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Great information. A couple places I drive to here in NY have the horse and buggy traffic - good reminder of procedures to follow. (Wish people would follow that for horse and rider).

Answer for this Sunday sent.

Edited.. Congrats Mismommy for guessing correctly last week.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
I received 2 packages yesterday - one was a Sunday fun prize from gonesewing and one was the 2 rows of RR for me to work on. A good day with lots of nice surprises.

Answer for this Sunday sent.

Char

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
There's a new question on the Sunday Sur-Prize page to answer Smile
http://cof2013.blogspot.com/

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i am looking forward to seeing what kind of classes we are going to have. i hope there is a CQ class in the mix.

patsy

Posts: 3427 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
me too Patsy!

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Sent an email.. interesting question and fun info

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Lori,do I need to send a PM to you? According the blog last week I won the Sunday Sur-Prize question.

Posts: 486 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
if you are referring to your prize, no. I was badly remiss in getting it out to you but it is on its way.

if you are referring about this week's question, then yes. You may play again.

if you are referring to something else, then yes because I am clueless...

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I was referring to the prize and I will be sending my answer for this week.
Thanks.

Posts: 486 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
My prize came in the mail today. Thank you for the pattern and two FQs.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Any last minute players?

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
I was going to try but my brain was too thick to understand... maybe this week.

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Probably too late, but I sent my answer!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I put you both in - it's only too late after I've drawn a name Smile

jayardi - your prize is on its way but it just left yesterday...

Congratulations to this week's winner -- Aliquilt!

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Congrats Aliquilt for winning this week.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Great Sunday Fun item today. Like to learn something new daily and/or confirm that I did know something Smile

Got a "good on you".. whew remembered some of the items learned from this board and from classes.

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Learned some new things that I THOUGHT I knew.
Only got half of them right. The funny thing was that the ones I got right I wasn't really sure of the answer and just guessed!

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm dumb...where are the 14 questions for #10?

Posts: 3288 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
you probably just didn't scroll down far enough to see the teal blue "Answers"...look for and click on it.

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Missmommy, it took me a while to find them. Until I saw the new tab "All About Quilting" (under the "home" tab). Then I was like "duh" LOL

Posts: 724 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
Now I "lost" the scavenger hunt list of options. Can you direct me to the site again, please? Thanks. I know it held lots of variety and neat shops.

Posts: 731 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
***I see my name as the lucky winner for this week. It is a fun weekly activity/puzzle. I'm sure it takes quite a bit of time to come up with the big variety each week. Thanks.

Posts: 731 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
***Thanks so much for the gift package of 2 FQ, and a booklet of Quick Gifts by Keepsake Quilting. I'm surprised every week about what's the puzzle going to be?

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
You are welcome Wink

There will not be a Sunday sur-prize this Sunday - Enjoy the holiday ~ He is Risen!

Picture of quiltedmagnolia
posted Hide Post
I just checked and saw that I won!!!! Such fun.....thanks!!

Posts: 429 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my goodies Tuesday, thanks!! 2 pieces of fabric, one just happens to be the challenge fabric with a note that I may NOT use it to add to the challenge, oh darn Smile and a coaster pattern book, lots of cute ideas for mug rugs. Thanks again, looking forward to the retreat!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my goodies the other day, thanks! Couple nice pieces of fabric, one of which happens to be the challenge--with note attached that I may NOT use it for the challenge, oh darn. And a Coaster pattern book, has some cute ideas for mug rugs. Thanks again!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NT Quilter
posted Hide Post
I hope the blog list is correct. I have 63 gifts made and am sick of making these things. Besides I only have 2 snaps left. N ow on to finish the challenge project. If dh doesn't stop with projects for me I won't get done.

NoTimeQuilter

http://longarmofstitches.blogspot.com/

If I stitch fast enough does it count as aerobic exercise?

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lost with J a z z i | Registered: Jul 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
For the moment 63 is a good number!

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Sent an answer for this week.. So easy I couldn't forget to do it. But don't think it's just one answer...