Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  6 x6" CQ Round Robin - Let's get this Party Started!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 x6" CQ Round Robin - Let's get this Party Started! Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nancy- delivery confirmation said the blocks were delivered about a week ago--- did you receive them?

Posts: 1918 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patsy...here is your Asian 6 x 6 RR block that I dressed up for you...

Posts: 3463 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry! The pix washed out! But you get the idea. Next is your group block. I did the upper right hand corner.

Posts: 3463 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patsy, I will be mailing your blocks home to you this week.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
ty colleen they are beautiful!!!!!! can't wait to get them.

patsy

Posts: 3487 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Finished Lois's block today, and will get the group block done and the set mailed on the first.
Hugs,

Posts: 4636 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of timecard24
posted Hide Post
My blocks came home today. They are so beautiful.Thank you girls. I will have my daughter try to post pictures during the week.

Posts: 1447 | Location: East Weymouth, MA | Registered: Apr 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patsy, I finally mailed your blocks out today...

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
ok colleen, will let u know when i get them. and ty

patsy

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Q, Any idea on when the next set of blocks (Alexemmarose) will be sent to me? Was wondering if I would be able to get them before leaving for COF retreat?

Posts: 3283 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
was wondering where they were...no hurry...just glad someone knows where they are...

posted Hide Post
Hello stitch friends! How is everyone doing with their blocks? Would love to see more eye candy of everyone's beautiful work. Always so inspirational to see other's work.

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
I have finished and mailed all the ones I worked on. Now just trying to be patient until mine come back to me...........

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1801 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
Bjeannes - forgot to post that your blocks are on there way back to you. It was hard to say goodbye to them, loved the color play. It should be there tomorrow, Fri at the latest.

Now I just have to be patient till mine come home.

Ambher

Posts: 212 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ambher - I can't wait to see them and will let you know when they get here.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1801 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
My blocks came home yesterday and they are all fantastic!!! I even get to do my favorite combination - red & white - to finish them. Then to decide what to do with them...........

Thanks to everyone who worked their magic for me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
Yeah! I would love to see how you put them together. I'm very excited to see my blocks come home.

~Ambher

Posts: 212 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
got my pretties yesterday, OMG they are beautiful. you ladies did an amazing job. i will post pictures tomorrow.

patsy

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Mine came in yesterday's mail! I rushed right upstairs and opened the envelope then rushed right downstairs to hang them on the line and Febreeze them. This morning I was able to look at them closely and enjoy HOW PRETTY they all are! Thanks girls for all the work you did, really like them all Smile Now I just have to figure out what to do with mine...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5074 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrenegade
posted Hide Post
I received my beauties just the other day!! I am elated at the work you all have done on these. They are absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much each and every one of you! I'll be posting pictures as soon as I can.

Bye for now,

wren

Posts: 373 | Location: SW Florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Hi Ladies! Check in time please!

It's now past Spetember 1st so everyone should be getting or have received their blocks home by now. I would appreciate an update on how everyone is doing. Please let your Group Mommas know your status:

1. Have you received your blocks home?
2. Are you still working on someones block?
3. Are you waiting to work on any more blocks?

If you have any blocks in your possession and are still working on them, please be sure to let the person know as I know everyone is anxiously waiting to get their pretties home.

Thank you for another great CQ project - eveyrone did a beautiful job!

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10255 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
The ones in my group who are running a tad behind have posted on our group pm...

For me, looks like I will get to finally mail out tomorrow..wheew

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25823 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
Here are my finished blocks! Thanks again everyone

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Can you believe the word e - lect - tion got my post pulled??? grief!

I was just wondering if those of you who have your blocks back, wouldn't mind posting photos so we can all see your finished babies. There are only 2 sets shown so far.. gonesewin's and bjeannes'.

I believe everyone has theirs back except for me and alexemmarose and that is because I ran behind and Ely is working the candle at both ends working the e - lect- ion.

gonesewin... It is hard to see the detail work on yours.. they are a little bit far away..

bjeannes.. your color study blocks look fantastic! Can I copy your red tree? I believe you said you were doing the red/white block.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

Posts: 25823 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if any one else was going to post pics? I would love to see them too.

Q, feel free to copy the tree - I actually got the idea from Shawkl's book, then made it mine with sequins and beads.

I am still trying to decide what to do with them, so for now they are still pinned to my wall.........

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

posted Hide Post
Hello my stitch friends! My blocks arrived home safe and sound right before T-day...THEY ARE GORGEOUS!!!!! I am so thrilled! My stitch friends did me proud! You have no idea!

Will get photos taken today and post yet today.

Thank you so much to my group...really love what you have all done!

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
By ow everyone should have their blocks home - is there anyone out there still waiting? If so please contact your Group Momma.

It would be great to see everyone post pictures of their blocks. I have tried no less than 10 times but I still can't post pictures without HGTV telling me I'm exceeding the limit - no matter how small I make them. Grrrrr

Bjeanne - just love your collection - everyone did a great job!

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10255 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I am thinking I will go reduce the individuals and post so you can see the beautiful work. Back in a flash!

posted Hide Post
This is the group block everyone worked on:

posted Hide Post
Here is Thearica's work:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: alexemmarose,

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Here is Jackie's work:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: alexemmarose,

posted Hide Post

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
They look fantastic! Good job everyone.

Nicki, thanks, I like them a lot too....just have to think of something to do with them......

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Axel... your blocks look great! What do you plan for them?

posted Hide Post
I don't have a total plan yet but am thinking they will go into a wall grouping with my Steampunk block from the CQI rr...it is a larger block and would be the center with these smaller ones flanking it. Hopefully on the wall over the bed in my guest room. We'll see...I tend to enjoy the stitching and not the finishing of things so much...

Picture of wrenegade
posted Hide Post
Well, in this case "better late than never" is a big understatement!! (Over a year later) I'm glad I went back and looked up the thread because I got to see some of the work that I did not get to see before. You might remember I had back surgery (spinal fusion) done right towards the end of this RR, but I was so glad I was able to participate. I never got to post my pretties after they came home, so here they are. I'll do two at a time. On the Left is NickiLee's work for me and on the right is Bjeannes. I think they are both just awesome! I was so pleased with the work that everyone did on my blocks. I miss being active on the boards and CQing, but "one of these days" I hope to get back to it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wrenegade,

Posts: 373 | Location: SW Florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrenegade
posted Hide Post
Here, on the left is the beautiful work Nancy Sews did for me. Don't you just love the way the little butterfly looks like it just landed?! On the right is the group block that everyone worked on (except me, LOL) I still need to do my part!

Picture of wrenegade
posted Hide Post
Last, and certainly not least, is the beautiful block Ambher embellished for me. On the right is the one that I get to do myself, and it actually was the one I would have picked to do myself with my fav colors of pale pink and sage green.

I had so much fun with this RR, even though I was in intense pain throughout the whole time. It actually helped to keep my mind off of the pain. It was my first and I don't intend for it to be my last.

So, just wanted to share and let y'all know that I'm still around.

How do I resize my avatar picture so it isn't so HUGE? Help, please!

Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Wren, I'm not a CQer at all, but I had to look in to see what you were up to. I'm so glad to see you back on the boards!!! Sure hope you're doing better now. Please stop in when you can.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6578 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post