Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  I wanted to share this:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wanted to share this: Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted
Back about the week before the retreat I received a box in the mail. In it was some fabrics with a note from lakequilter. In the note she mentioned that she'd wanted to have lunch with me while at Branson but it never worked out so, knowing that I was pretty busy with the retreat and how busy I was going to be AT the retreat, she sent me some lunch!

It is a "tomato, lettuce, veggie and mayo on rye with potato chips on the side. No pickles or a drink cause that gets too messy!"

Wasn't that sweet of her!?

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5079 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Very sweet and low cal so you can have dessert :-)

Posts: 2712 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6790 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Very sweet, and such a cute idea!

Posts: 747 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
Adorable!

Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I know how you turn a blanket into a quilt, Mom. You add some love to it." ~ J., 7/08, age 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8863 | Location: NY | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17051 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Awwwwwww, how cute!

Posts: 5778 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
What a great way to do lunch long distance. Love it.

Posts: 2866 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
How thoughtful! I think it's the best idea of the year!!!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9522 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
How perfect, and no refrigeration needed!

piney

Posts: 3188 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love that idea!
Susan

Posts: 725 | Location: West Central Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
And any leftovers will stay good for a long time!

Posts: 1414 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So nice of lakequilter! What a nice surprise!

Posts: 2304 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltedmagnolia
posted Hide Post
Now that is original!! What a loving gesture!!

Posts: 436 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Very cool Smile

Posts: 6594 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
What a cool idea... Chris

Posts: 6095 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of knot me
posted Hide Post
How cute and thoughtful!

"There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 2396 | Location: Somewhere in wicker wonderland | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of luvthosequilts
posted Hide Post
So GREAT! I'll have to keep that in mind...

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Posts: 4510 | Registered: Feb 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post