Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  requesting thoughts and p r ayers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

requesting thoughts and p r ayers Sign In/Join 
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
I didn't see this thread yesterday. I am so sorry. Sounds like she is a strong woman and she has you for support. I'm sending Ts & Ps.

Posts: 3692 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of your daughter's illness, Owie. Prayers for her and the baby ... as well as the mama. Glad she is close to you as you need her close as much as she does you. Keep us informed as to her progress.

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 8005 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
They did the bone marrow biopsy yesterday. They also did a sonogram. The baby is developing well. Probably weighs almost 2 pounds. I thought they were starting chemo yesterday but it will not start until Sat. She is taking the news quite well. Her husband is devastated and is not doing real well mentally. This is hard for me because it brings back terrible memories. I lost a sister to bre ast ca ncer years ago which started at the same age. I am doing a lot of pr aying. Thanks to all of you.

Posts: 15311 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's problems. We really worry about our children when things aren't going well, don't we? 12 years ago, my DD was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had a lumpectomy, chemo, and radiation and has had no further problems. I pray that your DD's results are as good.

Posts: 6553 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quilthappy69
posted Hide Post
Just saw this post and want to send my thoughts and PRAyers along with everyone elses. The more the better. Please take care of yourself also as she will need all the help she can get and where better to get it than from MOM.

formily Becky from NY

Posts: 66 | Location: Clayton NC | Registered: Mar 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Owie, t and p's to you, your daughter and the family and the ones taking care of her, and that the Chemo does it job!

Posts: 432 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
I also haven't been on the boards very much the past few days and was saddened to hear your news.

With all your HGTV "sisters" sending positive vibs and lots of praye*rs, a great hospital and loving family for support, your DD and soon-to-be DGC are in good hands. Be sure you don't stress too much. You need to take care of yourself in order to support her.

Here is a Group Hug from all of us...

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Owie...so,so sorry to hear the news.Hope everything goes well for your daughter and her baby. Sending all my good vibes,T&P's to you and yours as well. It is amazing what the doctors can do these days....

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10065 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Chemo started today. She and her husband are in good spirits. Thanks for all you t&p's.

Posts: 15311 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
The teenaged daughter of a good friend of my DD was diagnosed with leukemia several months ago. DD learned today that her treatments are finished and she was declared cancer free! Health care can do wonderful things.

Posts: 6553 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
I just saw this, and I have already prayed for her, all of her family, and the medical team who will see you through this ordeal.

Hugs, thoughts and pra*yers will continue.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6622 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw this-- prayers sent

Posts: 1890 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
She has a team of 4 doctors from 4 different services in the hospital. I am confident they will beat this, especially with all the pr ay ers being sent up. Thank you all.

Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
Thank you for telling us and keeping us up to date. {{Gentle Hugs and prayers}}

Posts: 11812 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of suewho
posted Hide Post
Adding my T&P's to all the rest.

Posts: 114 | Location: NW Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Praying for your family and the drs too!

Posts: 4994 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry about the news. The good news is that chemo can put leukemia in remission for many years at a time so my prayers and positive thoughts are on their way with all the others.
We know that a positive outlook is so very important.
Stay brave and keep good thoughts.

Posts: 13289 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Again, thanks to all of you for your t&p's. They are aggressively treating this. The plan at this time is for them to take the baby the first week of October. They think she will weigh almost 3 pounds and can deal with her in NICU. They need to start much more aggressive treatment that week that could harm the baby.

Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
I am saddened to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Posts: 3602 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
so sorry to read this. Prayers for your DD and Family!

Posts: 4433 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Owie, praying for that little one to grow fast and be strong and healthy.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Smoky Mountains TN | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
So very said to hear this. Will keep you all in my T&P's.

Mary

Posts: 3991 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Still sending healing thoughts to you and your DD and baby. We save 24 weekers now. NICU is a wonderful place. I'm confident everything will go well. You guys keep your chins up. Remember G*d has a plan for each of us-he hears our prayers. Blessing to you-

PamSmile

Posts: 5808 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Apple Sharon
posted Hide Post
Just read this and I am so sorry for the family. Prayers sent your way.

Posts: 1011 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post