Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  requesting thoughts and p r ayers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

requesting thoughts and p r ayers Sign In/Join 
Picture of owie
posted
My daughter who is 38 and 6 months pregnant was diagnosed with leukemia yesterday. She will remain hospitalized and get chemo until they are positive the baby can be taken without complications. Please keep her in your t&p's. Thanks.

Posts: 15311 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Will do! (((HUGS)))

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2312 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
T & P's for your daughter and baby as well as the rest of the family.

Posts: 1713 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
pr aying for you and your daughter & grandbaby!

Posts: 5530 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
Keeping you all in my pr@yers

piney

Posts: 3177 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msbananas
posted Hide Post
Hugs and Prayers Mary.....for you, your hubs,your daughter and grandchild......what a predicament. Can we send her cards? Could you message and address?

I am not on FB for awhile....Due to where I work and issues with inmates and inmates families, and other schemes......decided it would be a lot less stress for me not to have FB for awhile...

I will have an account....but it will be under my business name......I just need it to not be quite so accessable for public eyes..

Posts: 2207 | Location: Creating something Fabulous | Registered: Jul 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
T&P's going up! Frown

Group Hug

I can do what you can’t do, and you can do what I can’t do; together we can do great things.— Mother Teresa

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2640 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post
Owie love, prayer and thoughts flying to you and your family.

Posts: 6786 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bettyb
posted Hide Post
Will be praying for your daughter, grandchild and the family. Please keep us updated on her condition.

Posts: 528 | Registered: Nov 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Owie, many T & P's headed in your direction.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6537 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
warm hugs to you, John and Mathew during these trying times, bad things always happen to nice people

Posts: 2153 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16973 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Adding my prayers for you all.

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9509 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers have been said and I will continue them.
Hugs for you owie.

Posts: 2302 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
I really feel for you and your family throughout this crisis.
Prayers.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3191 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Owie, you are all in my prayers.

Posts: 657 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Heartmania
posted Hide Post
Owie, Sending t&p's for you, your daughter, grandchild and family.

Posts: 493 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
T&P's to you and your family

BetsyLu65 Wink

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Wayne, In | Registered: Aug 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Owie, please accept my love and pr@yers in this stressful time. Wishing your daughter and baby and all of the family the best.

Posts: 3459 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Ts and Ps added too. So sorry.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6263 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Owie, I will certainly keep you,your daughter, baby and the rest of the family in my prayers.

Wanda

Posts: 1769 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much. She is being transfused now. She has already had 3 units of blood. Tomorrow they plan to start chemo.

Posts: 15311 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, my T & P to you and your family.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
You certainly have my t&p's. Is this the daughter that lived in Arkansas several years ago and hosted a red, white, and blue swap? Regardless, your family is covered in pra*yer.

Posts: 1410 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5095 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Sending kindest wishes and prayers to your daughter and all the family at this stressful time.

Posts: 377 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Warm hugs and many thoughts and prayers

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 760 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Owie, Sending TS & Ps for daughter, baby and rest of family. Hugs to all of you. Pat & Sue

Posts: 8039 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers being sent.

Posts: 5181 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
T's and P's heading your way, Owie. My heart goes out to you all.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Smoky Mountains TN | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Many T&P's for your daughter and your whole family.

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10255 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
My heart goes out to you all! Ts and Ps for sure!

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4591 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
Hugs and prayers

Lee

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1612 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SDgranny
posted Hide Post
Prayers are on the way for your daughter and all your family.

sdgranny
www.picturetrail.com/sdgranny
So much fabric-so little time

Posts: 827 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: Apr 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Downsouth
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your daughter and for you. Keep us informed.

Devonne

Posts: 14970 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jan 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of timecard24
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. G*d bless you all.

Posts: 1447 | Location: East Weymouth, MA | Registered: Apr 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AliceTX
posted Hide Post
Owie, So sorry to hear about your daughter & her baby. I will remember you & all the family in my prayers. Blessings to all of you Alice

A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine.

Posts: 1148 | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Owie this is very sad news. Your daughter & grandbaby will be in my daily prayers. I will be praying for safety for all & wisdom for the doctors treating her. {{{HUGS}}}

Nicki

Posts: 8136 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Oh Owie I'm so sorry to hear this. I know this is very stressful for all of you. I will certainly keep you guys in my thoughts and say extra pr*ayers for you and your family! Please keep us posted of how things are going.

(((HUGS)))

Pam

Posts: 5800 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Owie, this is scary news. I'll be keeping good thoughts & prayers for all of you.

Posts: 4649 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
You know you have my t&ps for all of you, my friend.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4053 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
T's and P's for your daughter and baby and you.

Posts: 4432 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Prayin for healing and comfort for your daughter, you & the rest of your family

Posts: 4047 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of your support. She has a great attitude about the whole thing. I am glad she is in a great hospital in Baltimore. She is at the University of MD and on a special floor just for leukemia. I don't like going to the large Baltimore hospitals but sometimes that is where the best treatment is. It is about a 40 mile trip for us one way. I am going to take her the SBS quilt that I made from a swap we did on here a few years back. It is washable and I do not like taking things into hospitals that cannot be washed. That should be of some comfort to her. She will be there until after the baby is born. She said last night that they want to get her to 34 weeks and she is only at 24 weeks with the pregnancy. The good news is she has a paramedic job with the county here and her insurance is good so there should be no worry there. The bad news is the long hospitalization and the year of chemo outpatient after that. She starts chemo today.
They lived in Little Rock until about 4 years ago. I am not sure if there are any hospitals close there that could give the treatment that she will get in Baltimore.----please, I do not say that to be critical of the healthcare out west because I do not know how good or bad it may be. I am not familiar with the hospitals out there. It is also nice for them to be close by so we can keep real good tabs on what is happening.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: owie,

posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that she, and you, are going through this. A positive outlook is important, so that's good to hear.

Isn't it sad they need a whole floor for leukemia?

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1811 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Oh Owie I feel so bad that you and yours are going through this trauma. Glad to hear you have a hospital that you are comfortable with...that is so important. T&P are with you through this difficult time. Group Hug

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3004 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Owie, I HATE IT when things like this happen to anyone we know. Seems so unfair. All of you are in my T&Ps... Chris

Posts: 6053 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not much to add except more hugs (lots!) pr@yers (even more of them!) Please take care of yourself as well.

Gina

Posts: 350 | Location: in the land of quilting | Registered: Jan 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
The power of p rayer is so strong. Will add mine to the others. I really feel for all of you - you have a long haul in front of you - keep your eye on the prize and to get a new baby as well - glad to hear the medical facilities there are top notch. Take care of yourself as well....family is is very important during times like these.

Posts: 6569 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1552 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post