Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Wish You Were Here mugrug swap
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wish You Were Here mugrug swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
My top is almost done -- I need to adjust the width, topstitch and do some other tricks. Then print the label and make the back. Then sew all the layers together.
I can hardly wait for a partner and to swap.
I am also thrilled with the participants. It's so exciting.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3532 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Finished my Mugrug tonight even remembered to take photos of front and back now I can just sit back and wait for my swap buddy (well not really now I can focus on my CQ RR block from Erma).

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 696 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of army03wife
posted Hide Post
Sign me up. International is ok.

Posts: 469 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Nov 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
one more day to sign up. if you sign up last minute and i don't have your address, remember to private me with the info. thanks!

Posts: 4895 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Mandy you can put me down for international I'd love to have something from another country.

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Hi Mandy,
Looks like you have plenty of international traders. I'm flexible and willing to be matched up with whomever you choose.

I started to design mine yesterday while waiting on simulations to finish running. Wink

Kim

Posts: 3524 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
Finished mine Sunday evening. Didn't turn out quite like I had visioned but I like it. This was fun!!! Will do it again!

Margie

Posts: 1275 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
I would like to join this swap! Who wouldn't like a mug rug with lakes and loons??!!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 33 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
Have sent pm! Now to think about what to make...

Posts: 986 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
addresses and swap partners have gone out. check your private messages.

Posts: 4895 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this theme is the most popular i have had nlk. we have three swappers from australia and one from ireland! welcome welcome

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Woo-hoo Shishie, I'm looking foward to swapping with you. I've got part of yours already made & still have thoughts of what else to do with it.

Nicki

Posts: 7916 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Hey Roz Wave really excited to be swapping with another buddy from Australia my mugrug is finished and ready to mail will send it shortly.

Kayla

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 696 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Just checked my PM's ... ready to post to motqltrSmile when we next go into town.

Posts: 306 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ahh JLu, i just realized u wanted to swap internationally. i will get you on the next swap. sorry about that.

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Army03wife - glad to have you as my swap partner. Will have to stop thinking about this and do something!
Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Kayla,
Wow I am so excited to be swapping and sending overseas. I have my mug rug almost finished and only hope you like it. I have enjoyed making the rug and hope to do more in the future.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
"P.S. to Evelyn: Of course everyone wants to live in Texas with the bluebonnets, the longhorns, Alamo, barbed wire, armadillas, cactus, mockingbirds, horned lizard, etc, etc, etc."

Remember the rattlesnakes and haboobs here in West Texas, Nikki!

PatV82: what branch of the service? Were y'all ever based here in Texas?

Posts: 7011 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Margie/goaskmom, you're a step ahead of me! I just have the idea so far, but I'm looking forward to swapping with you Smile

Posts: 4570 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Roz - your mugrug is scheduled for pickup on Friday based on the time it took for the last one to get to Trish you should have it in about a week. I have attached the confirmation number from the postal receipt just in case you need it.

Kayla

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Kayla, how exciting I will keep an eye out for the postie. I have almost completed your mug rug and will get it in the post as soon as possible.
Thank you for being my swap partner.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
Mandy--yours will be going out tomorrow--hope you like it !!

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1015 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Seeing Stars (Kim) yours in going out in the mail today. Enjoy Smile

Patsy

ok i'm ready for next months theme LOL

Posts: 3407 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow pegsami, you are fast!

Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
Well here is where i am. I bought a piece of state flower fabric. Then found something i liked better in my stash...
Yeah!!!!

Posts: 4404 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
I'm still working in Corel Draw right now. I know exactly what design I want to use but have to get it cleaned up a bit first. Not to mention deciding what method to use. I'm waiting for fabric to arrive for the back anyway - bank holiday today so I hope to see it tomorrow!

Posts: 986 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pegsami, i have received your mugrug today, with a cute little hexi coaster to match. great oregon fabric. i will post pic later this week. thanks so much speedy gonzales!

Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Califgal's arrived today. I think it's adorable.
Side 1 ....

Posts: 3524 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
... and Side 2.
Thank you so much! I'll enjoy using it.

(I'm still working on yours. Phase two in progress.)

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh, I like that mug rug from California. Reversible is such a great idea for these. I willhave to finish mine up for Shishie sometime after this coming week-end as we have a lot of irons in the fire right now.

Nicki

Posts: 7916 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
glad u like it. i'm not very creative but i'm trying LOL

patsy

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Patsy these are really cute I love your fabric it is so bright Wave

Kayla

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Finished my Texas mugrug for PatV. Want me to wait to mail, PatV?

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
How about wait one week? I should be finished with yours by this Friday. Although I'm excited to get one from Texas.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 416 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Okey dokey! It is more exciting when they cross paths in the mail.

Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
I've worked on this all week long and will be mailing next week. I'm mostly happy with how it is turning out - for my first one!

Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with how mine turned out too. Mailed it today inside a ziplock bag to califgal. Can't wait for her to receive it.

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
I too have been busy this week. I have the design almost like I want it. Just a few more tweeks and it should be ready to to stitch. Hope to have it in the mail before next weekend.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2930 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
looking forward to getting it, can't wait Smile

patsy

Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
Mailed mine off Thur. to Angela and she should get it tomorrow. Can only hope she enjoys what I sent.

Margie

Posts: 1275 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ahhh, i gotta get going on this.

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Well, I stitched my out, squared it up and decided to iron it. Forgot about the polyester thread and melted it all over my rug. Can't believe I did that!!!!!!!

Back to square 1.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2930 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...........oh what an awful thing to have happen ..good reminder to thoseof us who use that thread ..

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8987 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
mine is basically completed, I have some finishing touches. Hope to mail this week. My husband liked mine so much that he thinks I should make a twin for me.
Question: When mailing international (I saw the post with the customs #), do you have declare the value. How to put a price on love and care? Do you insure it?
Thanks

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3532 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Hi MoltqltrSmile Your mug rug should almost be there. I did declare it [just as a mug rug] and didn't insure it as it is envelope size. lol, if customs check it they will find it OKSmile

Posts: 306 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of army03wife
posted Hide Post
Putting mine in the mail today to Quiltinana2

Posts: 469 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Nov 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi there Kayla, I have finished the "Wish You Were Here" rug mug and am ready to post. Not sure how long it will take but sure hope you like my little bit of Australia.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i got my mugrug from seeing stars (KIM). it has a
saturn V rocket, dogwood, Camila Alabama's state flower. Cotton fields, Monte Sano Mountain. and i got a history lesson written on a card how the Saturn V came to be in her town of Huntsville. I didn't use the flash on my camera cause it washed the mugrug out because it's such light fabric. I love it Kim and yes i wish i was there. Thank you so much.

Patsy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Kim, that is very cool! did you color it with crayons?

goaskmom/Margie...I got mine today...it's great & my favorite color Big Grin I'll share a picture tomorrow. Thank you for the "extra's" I love & can use them all! Smile Should I include them in the picture when I post it? Thank you!!

Posts: 4570 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
I drew my design with a blue water soluble pen on a white solid fabric. Then used 2 layers of batting, quilted it first with various colors of thread to outline each element, then used colored pencils. Finished it with a layer of fabric medium lightly painted on to seal the color.
This was following the book's instructions, but I think I could have transferred more color if I'd used only 1 layer of batting. It's like trying to write on a cloud. Somehow, even though I kept going over and over an area, it wouldn't get any darker.
I'm happy with how it turned out, although I don't think I'd do a large quilt this way. The book shows a wholecloth Baltimore album quilt. It's stunning!

So glad you like it califgal. Smile I really had fun working on it.

eta ... I blogged about it this morning ... in case you'd like another photo.
- Kim

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SeeingStars,