Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Wish You Were Here mugrug swap
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wish You Were Here mugrug swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted
i am hosting a new mugrug swap. what is a mugrug? a mugrug is bigger than a coaster, much smaller than a placemat, big enough for a cup and a treat. here are some links to get u started. lots of tutorials if u scroll on down. mine usually measure 6 x 9", give or take

www.twomoreseconds.com/p/mug-rug-madness.html
http://pinterest.com/wandans/mug-rugs-luv-em/

here are the details:

THEME: Wish You Were Here:
you will design a mugrug based on where you are from. example: Massachusetts is famous for its sports teams, history, colleges. you might do your state bird, state flower, etc.

MAIL BY: May 31
HOW MANY WILL YOU MAKE: One. I will pair you with a partner.

*If you have not participated in one of my mugrug swaps, please private message me with your mailing address.

***The (I) denotes people who will swap internationally.
==

EvelynB will swap with PatV82
KaylaQuilts will swap with rozhearts
SueB will swap with BlueSkies7
wiley will swap with KBlue
Catwmn will swap with Kentucky Sunshine
AmyJo will swap with Aliquilt
califgal will swap with SeeingStars
nik will swap with Shishie
goaskmom will swap with AngelaC
CitySandie will swap with Quiltnanny
motqltr will swap with Shirlwin
pegsami will swap with mandylifeboats
army03wife will swap with Quiltinana2
cuilteanna will swap with sewnso
jbeanier will swap with JLu

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mandylifeboats,

Posts: 4908 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Why wouldn't everyone want to live in TEXAS?
Evelyn

Posts: 7035 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I'm in again, all though I wouldn't wish Arizon on anyone in the summer Smile

Kayla

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 705 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
kayla, i wouldn't wish massachusetts winters on anyone, especially the one we just had. i will take arizona any day. i actually lived in tucson in the 60's.

Posts: 4908 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
me please

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1461 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Well, why not? I'm in.

Posts: 4369 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
Sign me up please

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i'm in, sign me up please

patsy

Posts: 3426 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
I'd like to be in also--haven't done this for awhile, so I'm not sure you still have my addy!!!

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1018 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
I am in because I am very proud to be from the Boston area!!

Posts: 165 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Already have an idea.

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
As a military spouse of now retired, this one should be fun to design. Lived in 12 locations all over U.S.A. And Europe. So sign me up and I will put on my thinking cap...

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 424 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
Ok you guys talked me into it. Will send my address this evening not used to this phone stuff yet.

Margie

Posts: 1279 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I'm in; I've been bitten by the mugrug bug (and I can be a poet)
Been checking back for a week for the new signups
I'm from WA state, but border Idaho, can I be bipolar?

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3542 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
this is gonna be a fun swap. Mandy where do u come up with these clever ideas. I LOVE IT!!!!!
I'm in for sure.

patsy

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
I am a newbee from Australia. I would love to join in on the mug rug swap if I am able too.
Could you please let me know if I am eligible to enter.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Sure, why not...I'm in again Smile

Welcome Roz! Of course you can join, it's open to everyone. The more the merrier Big Grin
We have another Aussie that joins us from time to time (well, actually she from Kentucky, but now lives in Australia).

Posts: 4578 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rozhearts:
I am a newbee from Australia. I would love to join in on the mug rug swap if I am able too.
Could you please let me know if I am eligible to enter.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

Hi Roz Smile I'm in Oz too Big Grin and I've done this swap many times Smile I'm sure the host will welcome you!

Sign me up again please mandy...

and kayla...your squishey arrived and my mugrug is gorgeous, camera is charging, but I will be back after dinner with pics...your letter made me smile, so sweet and thoughtful and thank you for your extra gift, it was very sweet...
your mugrug is in progress, I'm hoping you will like it, as much as I love mine, your very clever in your ideas Smile isn't it ironic how you mentioned in your letter that you hoped for more international participants? too funny and Roz appears,perhaps you should play the lottery or make wishes more often Wink lol

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
This is an exciting theme. I'd love to play. Smile

Posts: 3547 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Trish, I think you have a good idea I should go buy some lottery tickets Smile Soooo glad you liked everything it was really exciting for me swapping internationally (yea I'm a geek)

Roz welcome I'm sure several people would be glad to swap with you I know I would Smile.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 705 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I would love to swap international -- this one especially would be a memory maker.
I'm thinking of all the things that represent by area.

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3542 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Sign me up please!!!

I also have no problem going international. I mail to my sisters in the UK all the time.

Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions!

Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i have the perfect fabric for this swap. EXCITED !!!!!

Patsy

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Angela I finished your rug today I'll try to get it mailed this weekend. If not early next week. I have to go stateside to mail and I was just there...when I picked up your gift. Depends how much gas I use in the next few days. I'll be using a lot on Monday so will need to go south Tues. or Wed.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2938 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Have put the thinking cap on and an idea has developedSmile Put me in please. Sending PM with my details.

Posts: 314 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Sure I'm in again and I don't mind to swap internationally. Since I do that anyway. lol

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2938 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't swapped in awhile and know where the "local flavor" fabric is. Please sign me up and I don't mind international shipping at all!!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Have my design completed and all the fabric selected now that I finished my CQ block for the RR it should come together quickly

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Kayla i want to see your cq block

patsy

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Patsy, here it is I also posted on the CQ RR thread.

Kayla

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
wow that is soooo pretty

patsy

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Please sign me up for this one. I don't know what I'm going to do just yet but sure want to be a part of the group this time. I will definately swap internationally.

P.S. to Evelyn: Of course everyone wants to live in Texas with the bluebonnets, the longhorns, Alamo, barbed wire, armadillas, cactus, mockingbirds, horned lizard, etc, etc, etc. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

Posts: 7943 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
Sign me up please. I would not mind mailing Internationally. Sounds like fun getting a package from another country. Thanks
Quiltnanny

Posts: 4405 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
I don't mind swaping internationally either, the more the merrier Smile

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the lovely welcome. I am sure I am going to enjoy this swap. Can't wait to get started.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to be in this one as well please.

Posts: 46 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Sep 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yayyyy, shishie!

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
working on mine, will probable finish in a couple of days. then i'll be ready to send to my partner.

patsy

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Sign me up! I've been going back and forth...but I keep getting drawn back. This one sounds like so much fun.

Posts: 723 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...Hi there... I missed the post! I'd like to play again .... Smile

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8997 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pondering on whethering I should do Kentucky where I am from, or Australia where I am currently from,it has taken a long time, but I am finally beginning to think of Oz as home...decisions, decisions...what do you think mandy?

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
First idea was too garish, so idea No 2 is what I am now working onSmile
Lol Kentucky_Sunshine ... when you wonder whether you should make the mugrug to pertain to where you were, or where you are ... made me think as I am from New Zealand, living in Western Australia, but I am going for Western AustraliaSmile

Posts: 314 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL shirlwin, seems we are both thinking ahead...I have a great friend in perth...and I think I have figured out which to do...BOTH of course and make it reversible Big Grin...well at least the idea sounds good now, we shall see how I cope with the translation from my brain to fabric Razz

Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
Hmm... I've just finished a big quilt and a small project might be nice! Will think about it over the weekend.

It's funny Trish, one of the reasons I changed my board name is that I'm nearly twenty years here now and haven't felt like an "expat" for a VERY long time.

(formerly expatquilter)

Posts: 986 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Trish love the reversible idea if I had thought of it I would have done one side for Arizona where I currently live and the reverse for Alaska where I plan to retire and love. Unfortunately I'm already half done with mine.

Kayla

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

posted Hide Post
You just made me chuckle cuiltanna, I reckon we are all "expats" at something or other...me I'm still pondering what,but keep chumming along,as long as we have fun trying and enjoy what we do it's all good!

Kayla, I love your enthusuasim Smile I have just finished yours from the sew sew fun swap, and just starting to think of this swap Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kentucky_Sunshine,

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Love reversible!! I forgot to put a label on the sew-sew one. So I've made a label, I have WA state3 specific fabs and a map outline. Have I said too much. Will head downstairs and work on the sewing part.
I have several projects to do including stuff for the church nursery. I will be a cutting fool, and then a sewing fool.

Picture of BlueSkies7
posted Hide Post
I would like to sign up for this please. I do not mind mailing internationally either. Thanks,

Posts: 258 | Location: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jul 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Wow! The list is really growing. Mandy, what's the most sign ups you've ever had for any single mug rug swap?

Nicki

Posts: 7943 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post