Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Need help at Joanns, if you sent fabric, please check
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help at Joanns, if you sent fabric, please check Sign In/Join 
Picture of cksvett
posted
The red tag fabrics are half price now. In there may be this palm tree fabric. The price should be $5.00 or $2.50 half price.

I have checked all the stores in the area and on line and there is none to be had. If you are going to Joanns, this may be in your clearance and I would be willing to pay for it and the shipping to me. Will take whatever you can get, but need up to 12 yards at least. It is not a quilting fabric but is "Tropical Shirting" "Green Tree on khaki tropical", #106311414 To me it is on white, but that is what the label says.

Thanks in advance... Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cksvett,

Posts: 6306 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
The clerks can check for yardage and send it to your store for free since you have the number on it.

Posts: 7563 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
When I was store checking, half of the stores that were to have a stock, still listed it when they checked while we were there, but it was no where to be found. Have checked all the stores in the area, so would need to find stores out of the area to check. Guess I could do that by checking different zip codes. Thanks... Chris

Posts: 6306 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
So this would be where they heap the clearance stuff? My store has mostly home dec in that heap, but I will look next time. I don't recall seeing it in regular stock earlier. I ran through the "clothing" materials multiple times this spring.

Is there a brand/maker?

Posts: 6125 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Our's mixes it all up, but if yours keeps them somewhat separate, it would be with the clothing, quilting grouping. I appreciate it. Thanks... Chris

Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
I need to be near there later this week so I can swing in & check. Will have to wear blinders, though, so I don't see anything else on sale! Big Grin

Posts: 6125 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
If we get a dry day this coming week I'll stop in and check....do they have it on-line?? I've never really looked at the fabrics on their site on-line - I use that for purchasing batting and other bulky awkward stuff Smile

Posts: 6691 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be going this week and will look for it at my JoAnn's

Posts: 2315 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Checked mine. Not here.

Posts: 7563 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Will be going in a day or so, will take a look.

Posts: 796 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I was just there, but will go next week and look.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Soon to be NC | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
I'll run by and check mine this week.

Posts: 1130 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Chris, I found 8 1/2 yards, will drop it in the mail on Wednesday,

Posts: 796 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Am jumping up and down!!!!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. Will get a check in the mail as soon as I receive it so I can add the postage in.

Everyone else can also look and if they see any please buy it. Will be able to expand what I am doing if I have more. THANKS EVERYONE... Chris

posted Hide Post
Can check in Pittsburgh this week if you still need some. Keep us informed.

Posts: 285 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Yes, I will take whatever anyone finds. I really appreciate everyone doing this. Enjoy shopping as I find it is much more fun to spend others money... Chris

Picture of Rho*
posted Hide Post
Hooray that most of the fabric was located! There was maybe one yard at my Joanns IF I wanted to look for it.........
The manager did offer to search her system to find more but that is something any Joanns can do.

Posts: 550 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: Feb 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Rho, I will take as much as can be found on sale. Have a minimum to do my project, but if I get more, I can do other things to go with the project. Actually could use another 50 (above the first 20), or so yards, but don't expect that I will find that much. The fabric is so perfect for Florida. Wish I had found it sooner... Chris

posted Hide Post
I checked my JoAnn's. They did not have it in the discount section or any of the others that came in the tropical shirting fabric line discounted. I did find 2 bolts of fabric from the tropical shirting line, but they are not the one you are looking for. There was not a big quantity of it either. The fabric was in its normal location for that type, and was 50% off (not in clearance, rather just on "sale") which would be $5. I wonder if stores vary as to what goes in the bargain section? The store I checked was in Greenfield, Wisconsin. I hope someone else has better luck than I did!

Posts: 1202 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Chris, I checked two Joann's today and did not have any luck at either.

Sorry Frown

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6678 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Sorry - no luck here either Frown

Posts: 6691 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Mailed fabric this morning. Sent you an e-mail.

Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Not a single palm tree swaying anywhere @ my JA's. Frown

posted Hide Post
If you still need some, I can check both the Nampa and Ontario (OR) stores on Friday.

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Checked my local Pittsburgh JA and they didn't have it in the store. They tried the number in their machines and nothing came back. I'm going to try a bigger store on Thursday - will let you know what happens.

Posts: 285 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I worked today & found you 2yds 11"...pm me your addy & I'll get it right out to you!

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6819 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
sewlove2quilt, I have PM'd you.

Yes, pleae keep checking if you are going to Joanns, but don't make a special trip.

Will take whatever you find. Have project 1 covered, but have project 2 & 3 I am working toward!!!!

Again thanks to everyone that has checked... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Imaquilter, yes different stores put differnt fabrics in clearence. On this quest, I went to one that had all these patriotic fabrics in clearance that my other stores still had in the regular stock. Also found my "trees" fabric at one store in the regular stock but when they price checked it, the clearence price came up. She said they don't always find all the fabrics that they are to pull to go into clearence as they do that while working the cutting table! Chris

posted Hide Post
I found some in the 2nd store I checked here in Pittsburgh, but it wasn't a red tag bolt. Was still at the original price. Roughly figured seven yards on the bolt.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
4grandkids, did you have them price check it? The second bolt I found was still in the regular fabric, but when it was price checked, it came up the clearance price? Much as I would like it, just can't afford the regular price for what I am doing. Thanks for checking tho.

Just got back from a store that is north by about 20 miles of my usual store. They stock checked 11 yards at my usual store for them. Couldn't find what would have been over a bolt full (8 Yds per bold), and it was no where to be found. Checked decorator, clearance and everything other than fleece, and it was nowhere to be found. So frustrating... Chris

posted Hide Post
One Joann's today with no luck. Might be @ another tomorrow.

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Please still keep checking the regular tropical shirt fabrics when you check. Many people have found it there, but when they have it price checked, it comes up at the $2.50 1/2 price the $5.00 clearance price. For some reason, it seems not to be pulled in a lot of stores. Thanks... Chris

Picture of divechime
posted Hide Post
Sent you a PM. I found it in the regular shirting shelf, but at the cutting table it came up at $2.50 a yard.

It is really pretty fabric.

Chris

Posts: 357 | Location: So. Calif | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
I'm off in a few hours to check my Joann's. If you don't need anymore please give a shout out.

Posts: 1130 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Yes, I will take all I can get... Chris

Until I say I have enough, if you go to Joanns, please buy what you can. Thanks... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Just had someone else get me 3 yards from the regular fabric area that rang up at the $2.50 price.

Really not sure why this is working out this way, but do know you can't order it on line anymore, so it is on clearance.

Thanks... Chris

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Some stores probably haven't checked all their fabric for price changes so that's why it's still w/ all the shirtings & not in the red tag section.

Btw, I finally got to the PO & mailed what I got for you, today!

Picture of L.L.
posted Hide Post
This is so nice to see - everyone out there helping a person find what they are looking for. I am so glad your fabric is being found ckevett - and at a great price!!! Love reading about the search and how so many are so willing to go on the hunt and do this for each other. Talk about a feel good story!!! Big Grin

Posts: 2414 | Location: Alberta, Canada!!  | Registered: Mar 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might get to another Joann's after my mom's doctor appointment tomorrow.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
sewlove2quilt, your package arrived today. Was so excited to see the package in the mail. Will mail payment tomorrow. Many thanks... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Quilter Jan, if you can, that would be great. Thanks... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
The half off sale ends tomorrow, so after that, you don't meed to check. A big THANK YOU to everyone that has helped me with this... Chris

posted Hide Post
checked at another Joanns this morning. They didn't have it anywhere in the store! Probably can check another in the Pittsburgh area on Monday. If it's not on sale, I won't get it for you, but will check to see if they have it. It may go on sale again in a few weeks.

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
None found in Cupertino Frown

Picture of divechime
posted Hide Post
Well, I checked out Fontana and Palm Springs on Thursday with no luck in either store. I will get the 3.8 yards I found in Thousand Oaks into the mail to you Monday or Tuesday. Sorry I couldn't find more for you.

Chris

Posts: 357 | Location: So. Calif | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to another store in the Pittsburgh area - they have no more, but found 11 yards at another store. It's not on sale right now. I can check back with them in two weeks when the new sale starts. Easy enough to make the phone call then if you still need some. Keep us up to date.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. Got a huge box today, so I can get working on my projects soon, Will be looking for your package divechime. Mail when you can.

3grandkids, if it is still there the next 50% off sale, please get it. If it is gone, that's the chance I'll take... Chris

posted Hide Post
Will gladly check for you in a few weeks if its back on sale. No problem.

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Chris, I rec'd your card today! TY!

I'll keep an eye out incase we get more in and get it for you if we do!

Picture of ivy_cottage81
posted Hide Post
Chris... was at my JoAnn's today.
They have it ~ $5.00 per yard, about 12 yards on the bolt.

Let me know if you want any or all available as I would make a trip back.

ivy_cottage81
( Karen )

Posts: 769 | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post