Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Anyone need fabric :)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone need fabric :) Sign In/Join 
Picture of jacky
posted
Got e-mail from Eleanor Burns site and she is having awesome clearance sale,Batiks at 5 something a yard.Just thought I'd share Smile

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8972 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Jacky - you are an enabler!!! Do I NEED fabric?!! Probably not!!! Am I going to go and check out her site...heck yeah!!! LOL!

Posts: 5030 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
I had forgotten that she sold fabric on her site. Red Face

I went on an errand the other day (didn't really want to do it), and what do you know...the car automatically turned into the LQS that was on the way! Half an hour & $47 later, I left to complete the errand, with 6 cuts of fabric on the front seat to pet & to make me feel happier. Cool

It's expensive running errands! Razz

Posts: 6014 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I went to the Salvati o n Ar my yesterday to drop off 4 bags full and to give my buddy Carol a first trip out after eye surgery to look for some books to read while recuperating. She didn't buy anything and I came home with 12 pieces of blue and white china that had never been used. Great. Now I have to clean a cabinet to find a place to put it. Sigh. It just jumped in my basket.

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8905 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Ooooh, blue & white! Fun!

Three new thrift stores have popped up around here recently. I've driven past them but have resisted. One I can see from the highway, but would have to exit to visit. One is on the other side of a divided road barrier, and it's on the "wrong" side of the road for my usual direction of travel. But the other one...desperately needs a barrier or an exit or something! Razz

So I can (usually) resist the thrift stores, but I sure hope they never put barriers in front of the LQS's! Eek

Posts: 6014 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I was trying not to shop this week since I'm going to Hershey next weekend. It's been very hard. I never need anything but, there is always that one thing I have to have. Right!

J Lu

Posts: 1092 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Chocolate is life blood.

Posts: 8905 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
"Need" had absolutely nothing to do with it. That card was "smokin' " Smile And I put a third of what I had in the cart back - still left a LOT. I'll need to be good for awhile now!

(went looking for more batiks - didn't see any....you guys buy all there was???? If so, thanks, I think Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: royalboomer,

Posts: 6653 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
"need"- what a silly question!
The "problem" is that I made a new year's resolution to not buy fabric this year. Would anyone like to buy me some and I'll reimburse you next year???

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5138 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Funny Lori!!!!

It will be 2 years in August since I bought a pot load of fabric. I have been sooooo good!!! I'm waiting until I go to the Magnolia Retreat- might find a little something. Ya know I might be telling a little tale~~~~ I did buy some fabric from KC! LOL!!!! Does that count?????

PamSmile

Posts: 5872 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
NOT ME JILL Smile!!!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8972 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
I thought I would be good this trip but saw some discontinued Primitive Gatherings Christmas fabric I had just used the last of and liked in LaPine (not on sale) went back the next day and looked for a coordinating fabric to make a table runner and then ended up buying two different ones. Now I need to leave my sweatshirt in Newport to make room. Priorities you know.

Posts: 953 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
LOL Sue! You could ship all your dirty clothes home and have lots of room for fabric!!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5872 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
On a long trip overseas, someone I know took only one dress and washed it every night. She had LOTS of room leftover in her suitcase for stuff, but everyone was sick of her clothing choice by the the end of the trip. And in every photograph, she was wearing the same thing... Yuck

No, It wasn't me...I kept leaving clothes everywhere we went to lighten the load.