Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Stashbusters for July - Winner announced!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stashbusters for July - Winner announced! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted
Welcome to the 2014 Stashbusting Thread.

I am Gonesewin and I will be starting a new thread for each month for everyone to post pictures (If at all possible) or tell us about your stashbusting efforts.

Everyone is welcome! Just as long as what you make is mostly from stash and it is finished during the month you post it as finished - please don't post things you made otherwise - sew & tell would be a more appropriate thread to share those projects. There are no signups, or swapping or... Just this thread.

As an incentive - or as a reward - cksvett has graciously agreed to give a prize to someone who completes a stashbuster each month if her name is drawn. Let's all be sure to thank her! Any kind of Quilting & Needlework will get your name into the drawing. Projects that have their own category on the HGTV boards will not - but please feel free to share them!

Stashbusters for July:

shey
J Lu
Handie Ann
Gonesewin
Headielamar
pvillelou
Mary J
Elainetoo
cksvett
Miss Lensews2
hockeymom
Sue Stitches
motqltr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5209 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Lori, mailed your package yesterday. Look for it Monday, Tuesday at the latest... Chris

Posts: 6309 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shey..
posted Hide Post
yay... i have something to show in the stashbusters thread!!... this is my pineapple quilt.. it used all stash except for the final border.. it's king size and i couldn't fit the whole thing in the picture.. Smile

shey..

my blog.. http://sheysstitchinmagic.blogspot.com/

"come hell .. come high water... you push on me.. i'm gonna push back harder... i got a whole lot more than a little bit left...

Posts: 3496 | Location: FL | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Shey, wow! Your quilt is stunning!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rainbow,

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9603 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I agree, it is!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5209 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love that.

Posts: 2318 | Location: Arkansas Zone 7 | Registered: Aug 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
shey, your use of batiks is stunning, as always. That thing is gorgeous and the raspberry color is almost good enough to eat!!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6823 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Beautiful quilt...and I love that skinny raspberry "string" in the middle of that white border. Is it even 1/2" wide?

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2276 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I did a big stash busting project this past weekend that didn't require any sewing. I donated 48 yards of fabric to a local kids dance group.

This weekend I am having a sewing/craft yard sale. My stash does not fit into my new sewing room and I am determined to fit into the space I live in!! LOL

Posts: 2909 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I got my prize from cksvett on Monday but I haven't been able to post a thank you or pics until today. I did get everything washed yesterday though. That's when I found there were more pieces of different fabrics than the picture shows. Then I found the note in the recycle bin when I was looking for sewing instructions that I've misplaced!

Thank you Chris! I'll put these to good use - oh and I am so excited that I've not read any of these magazines Big Grin

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting me know it arrived and am glad those are all different magazines. Tried not to send the ones you get... Chris

Posts: 6309 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
love the pineapple quilt!

Posts: 1128 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Here is a few of my stashbusters

J Lu

Posts: 1144 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
More pictures

J Lu

Posts: 1144 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
And more of my week

J Lu

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
And for me

J Lu

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
The top two were from my quilt guild members blocks. The patriotic quilt is a mystery we are doing at my guild and the purse was just for me.

J Lu

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I lOVE the patriotic one! I made one similar to the sewing girl once, twice actually! One for me and one for the grandchild of a friend. The bag looks great too. My stash doesn't seem to match so well with other fabrics I have Frown

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Lovely work!! Love the girl stitching.
I look at my stash and never seem to have enough matching, or colours that I now favour, to work with ... result? Buy more! It defeats the purpose I knowSmileSmile

Posts: 457 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
found this back on page #2. Just wanted to add a few things all from my scrap bag and or stash bin. first a doll quilt from stash. (fat quarters)

Handie Ann

Posts: 3602 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
Now the rest is from my scrap bag. Another doll quilt.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3602 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
And now 2 green bags. I like them because they are washable and they hold a lot more then the plastic bags that you get from the store.

Handie Ann

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
nice work Smile
I am partial to green so I really like the green one best.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Very cute Andi miss your face girl.

J Lu

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Handi, Say is that the BOM Birdhouse Square. Great job. and Great idea to use it.
All these projects and quilts are beautiful. Nice to see someone is sewing and finishing something. LOL I'm not finishing anything. Big ideas, but no umphhhh to finish.

Posts: 8221 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
#7 of the year and still all stash!

Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
Very pretty projects so far this month! I finally got a couple little things done. First is a cover for an old stool. Have had this fabric for at least a couple years now.

Posts: 5233 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
Found this project on pinterest. Decided I needed to do some of the tons of stuff I have pinned!! This wreath is made from scraps. It was so sad searching through my bins of scraps that I had only a couple of light blues. Frown Need to force myself to go fabric shopping. Big Grin

Posts: 5233 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I love seeing the non quilting things we do with our fabric!

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I have been working on getting my sewing space set up and now that it is pretty much done, hopefully I will get some ufo's finished. While putting my room together, I ended up doing some stashbusting. I made these curtains out of siggy blocks from a swap.

Posts: 2909 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
And I finally got my large ironing board done. I have had all the supplies for years, but just put it together last weekend. The cabinet is a free standing cabinet I took out of my kitchen.

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Last Saturday, I participated in the online mystery Merry Mayhem's "We Salute You." All of my fabrics were from stash! I think I will also have stash to use for the back. Those lightest pieces are all light blue (I didn't have enough of any one of them) and there isn't as much difference in the shades of them as it appears in the pic.

Posts: 6641 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Enjoying seeing the projects.

Not getting much done this summer. Did get some blocks caught up for the forum BOM and for the Sunshine Quilters.

Posts: 8200 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Love the projects this month and the glass in your door Mary J.

My items are all small as I am getting promised projects done. Sunshine Quilters blocks... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Another Sunshine month... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
A couple of doll quilts... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
The Block of the Month April... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
The Block of the Month May... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
And July... chris

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
I love to see what's new on this thread.

Have a Good Day!

Posts: 13310 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'm sensing a theme here on your BOMs, Chris!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Here are a few. Oh this is a sewing machine cover.

J Lu

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Christmas is almost here

J Lu

Picture of Miss Lensews2
posted Hide Post
Beautiful items posted to this thread since I last checked it...great job by all! I have been slowly busting the stash by working on a quilt for my DS but not ready to show progress quite yet. I have used 2 pillow panels that I had in my stash cupboard - not sure where I got them but I am thinking they were in a prize package Chris sent me a couple of years ago. They were perfect for this quilt project for my son.

Here is one panel & one completed block

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Miss Lensews2,

Posts: 5328 | Location: ~ if I'm not here...I wish I was. ~  | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
love all the projects. I made this prayer shawl for a friends mom who is starting chemo. all stash except for red squares. does it still count as stashbuster?

Posts: 441 | Registered: Sep 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
J Lu, Your snowman is just darling. Love it.
hockeymom, What a nice thing to do for a friend. Like the inspirational sayings. TFS
MsLens... What a neat way to use that panel, I think I might have that in my stash, looks really familiar.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patty j,

Posts: 8221 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
Made this dish towel thingy, fabric and button from stash. I do need to make the button hole, just have never made one with this machine.

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy here. Quilts for the Claus project. #1. It does lay flat and is white not yellow.

Posts: 1130 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Number two. Also showing more yellow than it is.

Posts: 1130 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post