Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Show us your scrappy quilts, please!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show us your scrappy quilts, please! Sign In/Join 
Picture of A.J.
posted Hide Post
Can someone answer a question for me please? I have posted pictures before, but form a different computer. ON this crazy thing when I click on "add attachment" and "Browse" comes up when I click on that it goes to downloads, which is PFD's that I have downloaded. My question is, how do I get it to go to my pictures?

AJ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: A.J.,

Make someone smile today.

Posts: 1009 | Location: OK | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I have better luck when I put the pictures on the desktop and then post from there. I only know how to do my way, doesn't work for anyone else. Frown Hope someone helps you, 'cause I want to see what you created.

Posts: 8196 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous quilts!!! All of themSmile

Posts: 441 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
AJ, when you go to browse and it brings up your Downloads, you'll have to navigate to your pictures and download from there.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6787 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2731 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of A.J.
posted Hide Post
This is one of my scrappies.

Posts: 1009 | Location: OK | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
Wonderful show!

amiko

Posts: 381 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
When you click on Browse and a window pops up, there's a bar near the top of the window which tells you the folder (aka directory) you are currently browsing. Each level is clickable to go back up the chain. Then you can click to another folder in the list. That's what FFG means by navigate.
Here's a Half Square Triangle scrappy quilt. I started with light/dark pairs and rearranged until I was happy with the layout.

Posts: 3659 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3543 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
The term 'scrappy' quilt makes one think its made from junky leftovers and can't be anything special.
But I tell you all, the quilts you've made are definitely special. They are all gorgeous. I love scrappy quilts. The designs are endless and the colors, too.
Great work everyone.

This was made from the scraps leftover from another quilt. Its a mini, but I love it.

Have a Good Day!

Posts: 13299 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
A baby quilt made from scraps....

Have a Good Day!

Posts: 13299 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
Another scrappy....

Have a Good Day!

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
Another mini made from the leftovers from a large quilt. That's the great thing about minis, those scraps don't go to waste.

Have a Good Day!

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
This landscape quilt was made from mostly scraps of greens and blues.

Have a Good Day!

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
I save even small bits of scraps from my tone on tones. They make great mosaic quilts. This wallhanging, except for background and border, is made from those itty bitty scraps.

Have a Good Day!

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
This was made for a quilting friend, again, tiny mosaic scraps.

Have a Good Day!

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
This is the matching mate to the one above.

Have a Good Day!

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
OMG - haven't been back here in a few days - what a treasure trove!!

Posts: 6674 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
What a show. Love them all.

Posts: 8171 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Great show, makes me want to get into the sewing room and get busy!! I have plenty of scraps.

Here is my 2012 Scraps to Treasure quilt.

Posts: 2731 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
here's a scrappy crazy quilt and scrappy panels for a room divider I made

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 764 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of A.J.
posted Hide Post
This is another scsrappy, I made for my sister.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
AJ,
That floral is wonderful! I cut my large print florals into squares but hadn't decided on a setting. I love the diagonal maze. TFS
Evelyn

Posts: 7543 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Here are a few of mine. I love to do scrappy and I keep almost all of my little bits of fabric! LOL.

Here is my bright strings that I gave to a NICU here.

Posts: 2060 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
This one is a mini that is paper pieced.

Posts: 2060 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Jacobs ladder pattern. I gave this one to Quilts With Love for our military.

Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
And a little pinwheel that went to the NICU too.

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
When I wasn't so brave...

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8998 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
When I got braver...

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8998 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Simply gorgeous!!!! This has got to be my favorite thread ever! Thank you to all for sharing your beautiful scrappy jewels!!

Posts: 4136 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post