Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Show us your scrappy quilts, please!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show us your scrappy quilts, please! Sign In/Join 
Picture of toryam
posted
Imaquilter has a beautiful one on her 'scrap template' thread & I think t would be fun to see a scrappy show!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: toryam,

Posts: 4088 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
I only have two pictures on this computer, but these are both my Judy Martin log cabins - all scraps.

This is the Snake River one.

There are seven days in a week and Someday isn't one of them.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4067 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
This one had no name, but I call it Blue Skies and Starry Nights.

Funny, I used to hate scrappy quilts, but I find that if I control them, I just love the way they turn out.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4067 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Here's one that was inspired by the quilt blog, Exuberant Color

Posts: 5029 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post
I made this one based on the 1600 quilts. BUT mine is a controlled scrappy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Twostep,

Posts: 6793 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous.

Posts: 15330 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Love all the bright colors

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 764 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing!

Katiemedarlin- yours are both beautiful! I think using a variety of fabrics with those patterns really adds a lot of interest & depth to the quilts.

Willqiiltforchoc- I love the color & zigzag in yours! It's really a happy, vibrant quilt.

Two step - that's one of the most appealing 1600 quilts I've ever seen! I love the rainbow effect! I also like that there are no same fabrics side by side!! That makes me a little crazy in my own 1600 quilts, lol. What's your secret?

Posts: 4088 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quilt my daughter did. She did the top and had a lady quilt it in a puzzle design.

Posts: 664 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Here's one I did for Quilts With Love

Posts: 4691 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
And another

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I also have 7 Scraps to Treasures quilts. Do you wanna see them? I don't want to hog your show Smile

Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
Why not? lol I say do it Angela!

Posts: 416 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Angela for bring up the Scraps to
Treasures .. I do have a couple to show. Here's my 2012 submittal.

Posts: 8137 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post
Tory my quilt is only based on the 1600 quilts. I layed out each strip in a specific spot, no fabrics were repeated. Rainbow effect was exactly what I intended. It took a lot of work but I love it. I made it for a Challenge for a longarm group that I belong to. thanks

Posts: 6793 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do love scrappy and am excited for the show! I will share some of mine, too...

Posts: 3510 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3510 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Will be back later with a few more...

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● My first thought was "just click on my link" for the Scraps to Treasures Challenges. You can see over 250 gorgeous scrappy quilts. I've been under the weather this week otherwise I would have posted sooner. I'm happy to see the challengers have stepped up to share their beauties. I won't bore you with all of mine, but will share this one, because it is one of my favorites. In fact, I have recreated it several times and plan to write a pattern for it. (soon) It is so quick and easy.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9741 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Here is the one I made two weeks ago. After I figured out all the measurements and chose my fabrics, it only took about three days to complete the top. Cool
It is 51x65"

Posts: 9741 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
(Not counting string quilts) here are several of my more scrappier ones I've done recently.
First is one done in a zig-zag pattern. It's a double sized quilt for one of my DGGS's. Although from a distance it looks like solid colors, most of the pieces are patterned.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bluesnail,

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2261 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
This one is made up of 2" squares with the black squares making a diamond shape in alternate blocks. This one is a twin sized one for my other DGGS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bluesnail,

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2261 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Great show ladies!!

Posts: 6653 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Oh my!!! It's amazing how many different ways y'all can make scrappy look amazing!!!!

Angela C - please show your others! A thread full of scrappy beauty is exactly what I waS hoping for Smile

posted Hide Post
Keeping posting thm. I love looking at them.

Posts: 15330 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2052 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
BEAUTIFUL QUILT SHOW ToryAm Smile I LOVE LOVE LOVE scrappy Smile LOVE seeing how everyone gets so creative!!! Keep up the great show, you're all inspiring me Smile

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 8008 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Ok, here goes! Smile

2007 Scraps to Treasures

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
2008 Scraps to Treasures

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
2009 Scraps to Treasures

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
2010 Scraps to Treasures - probably my favorite of my S2T quilts

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
2011 Scraps to Treasures

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
2012 Scraps to Treasures

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
2013 Scraps to Treasures

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
This was a comfort quilt for a woman at work

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
This is a t-shirt quilt for the daughter of a close friend. She played field hockey & she & her teammates swapped pieces of fabrics to wear as kerchief/headbands. She asked if I could incorporate them somehow...I used them for the sashings.

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
This was made from a Homespun Stars swap hosted by CBQ back in 2006. I guess it could be considered scrappy since no 2 blocks are the same! I'm currently working on another quilt from blocks that I didn't use in this one.

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Here's a scrappy mini that I made for Holee when she was hosting the mini swaps- leftovers from one of the Scraps to Treasures (not sure which one)

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Last one (whew! I've made more scrappies than I realized! Smile)

This was a Christmas mini for MissMikol in one of Holee's swaps.

Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Wow, Angela!! What wonderful quilts you've made!!!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6732 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Wonderful show. These scrappy quilts are wonderful. I have 2 more that I'll show.. the ones I like best out of the pile.

Posts: 8137 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Here's another Scraps to Treasures submittal. Thanks to Jayardi - I was pushed way out of my comfort zone working on projects for that challenge.

Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Love the scrappy quilts...I think they are my favorite....

How many of these quilts are on beds, how many on walls, how many put away? Big Grin

Posts: 416 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG! Elainetoo! Look at your cubes!!

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● OMG! Yes, those cubes are gorgeous!

I almost forgot about this one. It's hanging on the wall in the living room. It has over 300 green fabrics which quite a few of you helped me collect. Thank you!

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous quilts. I am a total convert to scrappy quilts.

Here are a couple more of mine.

Asian Scrappy. All from FQs I won in Charlotte.

GO RAVENS!!!

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
My wreath quilt. All leftovers from other quilts, even the WOW are scrappy.

GO RAVENS!!!