Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ♥♥♥♥HGTV BOM July 2014♫♫♫♫♥♥
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

♥♥♥♥HGTV BOM July 2014♫♫♫♫♥♥ Sign In/Join 
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the up date. I'm going to attempt to catch up. It might take me a minute.

J Lu

Posts: 1145 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The original block wasn't too bad. I am making my quilt more of a sampler of different sizes, so I resized this block to finish @ 6", hence it is taking me forever to sew!

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elaine- your bird houses look cute and nice job on the July BOM. Keep them coming. Only 11 more days til the end of July and lots of time to finish the July BOM. Sue

Posts: 1610 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I resized the block to 6" and made 4. Haven't stitched them together yet in case they are not next to each other in my final quilt. Also started ripping apart and redoing the block from May that I wasn't happy with my redrafting.

Only 5 more months! I already started some "extra" blocks that fit in with the theme of this year. Became leaders/enders as I worked on today's mystery mayhem quilt.

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Jen, those polkadots go so nicely with your monkeys. Even looks like bananas in the white squares, nice.
This year seems to be flying by. They already have Christmas samples in the quilt shop that we go to. Guess, I'd better get going if I'm making some gifts this year.
Pat

Posts: 8221 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
Well I have my blocks done. They didn't take long at all. Here is my first one.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3602 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
for my second one I did the same as Jen and made 4 6 inch blocks.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3602 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quilter Jen and Handie- beautiful blocks. The adjustments look good. Sue

Posts: 1610 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
J LU. don't worry, I am still in April, so I am 4 months behind. Maybe this weekend, but that is what I said last weekend... Chris

Posts: 6312 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Here's May. Just have to do March now to catch up... maybe before the end of the week??!!

The center of the bright was leaders and enders done quite awhile ago.. using up scraps.

Posts: 8200 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elaine-Very nice blocks. You are making great progress on finishing the previous BOM. Thanks for keeping at it. Sue

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Am catching up. Here is April and it took me all day yesterday. It definitely put me in c*h*u*r*c*h, asking to just finish this block! Vhris

Posts: 6312 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Here is May. Really liked this one, all HST... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
And July which just leaves June and I am all caught up for a few days. If the trouble I had with this block is any indication, this marriage is doomed. Unsewed that center block at least 3 times... Chris

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Chris, Wow, you have been busy. You will soon be caught up just in time for the August Block.Smile Don't feel too badly about the seam ripper on that center block, I had to use mine too, but then I don't do puzzles very easily. I'll be adding your name to the finishers list. Better do that today, while I have the time.
Pat

Posts: 8221 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Now lets get the Finisher List Updated:
PattyJ Smile
Sister SueSmile
QuilteeSmile
STinMT Smile
ShirlwinSmile
Chlynn1129Smile
Elainetoo Smile
tinbren Smile
Solution Services Smile
Quilter Jen Smile
HandieAnn Smile
cksvettSmile
CBQ Smile
J Lu Smile Smile
Patricia Anne Smile
I think that is everyone, but if I missed someone, please let me know.
For those of you still needing to finish you have 4 more days. You can do it.
Pat

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BOM Sisters,

Posts: 144 | Registered: Dec 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Here I am!!! Wave Sliding in near the end of the month again. LOL

Posts: 10694 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
I do like the black, white, and red ... such a great combination of coloursSmile

Posts: 459 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CBQ- beautiful block, with time to spare. Chris, you are making great progress. Way to go. Only 3 more days to complete BOM for July. Who still needs to finish?? Sue

posted Hide Post
Thank you both! Smile

Posts: 10694 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Ok ladies I'm all caught up! I made 2 House that Jack built. I couldn't get the tips to behave. That's ok.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J Lu,

J Lu

Posts: 1145 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
J Lu, Your blocks are looking great. You did fast work to get all caught up.
CBQ, I see that you got your block done with a few days to spare. I'll add the new finishers names to the list before the drawing on Friday.
There is still time to get your July block done in time for the drawing.
Pat

posted Hide Post
J Lu- Way to mass produce. I love the way you did your Bird House. All look great. Thanks for sharing. Sue

posted Hide Post
J Lu your blocks look great! Love your colors! Tomorrow is the first~ wonder what our sisters have planned for us? Any hints? Smile

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
CBQ--get your thinking caps on. I love the Aug. block and it was fun to make.
Sue and I will be on tomorrow with the drawing winner and the directions for the new block.

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I'm Done!!!!

Posts: 544 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last minute finish, but a beautiful block!

Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Ladies, Sue is over, I updated the finishers list and everyone is in the drawing now.
PatricaAnne, Nice looking block Water lilies are so pretty. You were burning the midnight oil getting done. LOL

Posts: 144 | Registered: Dec 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post