Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Houston Quilt Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Houston Quilt Show Sign In/Join 
Picture of amaryllis6
posted
Anyone going??? I am.A tour company I travel with from South Louisiana is doing a 3 day trip there Nov. 1,2, and 3rd. Going to look and maybe buy some new sewing notions.

Posts: 1379 | Location: coast of Louisiana zone 9 | Registered: Mar 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
One of these years I'm gonna make that show!! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6732 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
If I get there at all, it will be Sunday before I help take down the doll exhibit. Can't take off from school, and I have to be in training all day that Saturday. I'm not a happy camper. First time in years that we've actually had some money, and now I can't get there to spend any. I will just have to keep playing with all of the fabric and stuff here (enough for several lifetimes).

Have a great time -- there are over 1,000 vendors, so I'm sure you can find some goodies. Bring a camera and REALLY comfy shoes. Fashion stops at the ankles.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6656 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I wish I was going. I planned two years in a row to go, even had the plane tickets. First time , the Northeast had a Halloween blizzard and the next year was the hurricane.

Posts: 3377 | Location: Soon to be NC | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amaryllis6
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 1379 | Location: coast of Louisiana zone 9 | Registered: Mar 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeap I will be there Wed -Sun...getting excited!

Posts: 671 | Location: Mi | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of justaquiltin'
posted Hide Post
DH and I will be there on Sat and Sun with a group from San Antonio.

Posts: 276 | Location: , | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bettyb
posted Hide Post
Will be there Wed. Night for preview and all day Thursday. Bring cash, bottle of water, lunch, and comfortable walking shoes. You can refill your water and not have to stand in long lines for lunch. Hope you all enjoy IQA in Houston. The guys can go to Galveston to the Lone Star Motorcycle show while you all are shopping.

Posts: 531 | Registered: Nov 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
I went in 2001, and had a great time. I'd love to go again, but don't know how well I could handle being on my feet that long. I'll see how it goes at the show in Fort Worth this weekend, and give it some thought.

Posts: 1423 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bettyb
posted Hide Post
Where is the Fort Worth quilt show?

Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
Bettyb, I was thinking a friend was telling me about the Trinity Valley Quilt Guild's show, but I see it was in September. Darn, I missed it. This weekend is a Sewing and Quilt Expo at Amon Carter Exhibit Hall. Don't know anything about that one, I'll have to look into it. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Posts: 1423 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bettyb
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that is perfectly fine, was going to coordinate a quilt show and visiting family. Will try to remember next year.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
I received an ad for the Queen of Stitching that has a page to print out for a discount at her booth at the show. It is worth 25% off 1 item. If this doesn't work or you can't find it on her site, PM me with your email and I will email it to you... Chris

http://www.queenofstitching.com

Posts: 6225 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Left Houston this morning, arrive chicago tomorrow morning.
The weather is good and bad - raining when I left but muggy on Sunday. So pack your umbrellas and light jackets.
Have fun. Good eats at The Hobbit Restaurant, Zoe's Kitchen, Crisp, Heresay, Ruggles, PeiWei (PF Chang owns) - Vegetarian and gluten free available at most.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 489 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
can someone check out the special exhibit, It's Raining Cats and Dogs...my quilt is in it...Live Free.
A pic would be appreciated!

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Special exhibit was written up in the Houston Chronicle today -- several pictures, but yours, sadly, not among them. www.chron.com is the website if you want to read the article.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6656 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amaryllis6
posted Hide Post
Well all,,,I went, I saw, and really enjoyed it all. It was huge .

Picture of bettyb
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoyed the IQA, gets better every year. It takes more than one day to see everything, vendors and exhibits. The rain on Thursday keep the crowd down, was able to stroll thru the vendors. Wednesday evening viewed the exhibits. Your ticket is good for Wednesday preview and admission another day.

Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Went Sunday, visited a few vendors (yeah, spent BIG dollars), saw most of the quilts, then took down the doll exhibit. Exhausted but a good day.

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Oh I'm so envious. Pictures please pictures. Or I'll have to wait for Alex Anderson's.

Posts: 9587 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4684 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post