Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Massachusetts or bust
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Massachusetts or bust Sign In/Join 
Picture of RN55
posted
Hello,I am going to Worcsester Mass at the end of July, husband umping softball the whole time we are there....soooooooooo that means I shop and sew. Anyone tell me about quilt shops in Massachusetts. Do not have to be close to Worscester I like to drive. Thank you all

Posts: 409 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
Check out Appletree Fabrics in Auburn, then there is Quilts & Treasures a little further away in East Longmeadow and about mid-point a really cute shop in Wales (on Rt. 19) - Meeting House Fabrics. In a converted church. They did a great job of re-purposing it too.

Have fun.

Posts: 2564 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to quilt shop navigator and use the find a shop tab and hopefully you can find lots in surrounding towns. sandy

http://wrbqinc.com/

Posts: 967 | Registered: Apr 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5693 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
Have fun! Sandyo, thanks for the link. It looks like it would be handy.

piney

Posts: 3103 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Thank you sounds like I will have a great day out! Any more suggestions will be appreciated.

Posts: 409 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Here you go: just north of Worcester is Robin's Appleberry Farms or Quilters Studio -it is in Westminster MA and here is the link for the address. The online store is great=she gives good service. And do visit The Old Mill Restaurant up there too...good food and beautiful old mill http://www.quilterstudio.com/retailshop.htm

Posts: 9456 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Here is the restaurant link...you can feed the waterfowl outside..the picture doesn't do it justice..maybe I'll add mine.. http://www.1761oldmill.com/

Posts: 9456 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
thanks looking forward to it.

Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16464 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
thank you

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
thank you all for the responses will start planning my own shop hop!

Picture of quiltslots
posted Hide Post
Hmm, weren't you just on a one week shopping and sewing trip? What do you need? Really? Have a good time, shop till you drop!

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltingnewbie2
posted Hide Post
My favorite quilt shop in Massachusetts is Quilters Stash in N.Attleboro MA.....they have awesome customer service !!!

Posts: 1087 | Location: Still lost in a quilt store.... | Registered: Mar 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
thank you...cannot wait to start mapping my shop hop!

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
tattletail....:big smile:

posted Hide Post
Don't forget to stop in Charlton- the Charlton Quilt Shop is in a renovated old white church right off Route 20, and the staff is lovely. They do have a website. The upstairs has fabric and is decorated with wonderful antique and vintage sewing machines. Downstairs is the repair shop and classes. I've driven there a few times from Albany, NY and I need to go back for an antique Howe Model A boat shuttle. If you are looking for antique parts call ahead as the owner has many parts at home as well as in the shop. Parking is behind the church/shop. There are some other shops in the area but I haven't had time to visit them. They are along the Route 20/ Mass Pike corridor, and can be found by a web search. Another nice shop is Southhampton Quilts (in Southhampton), and I think there's a shop in Holden I haven't visited. You'll be near Sturbridge Village, and there are a lot of antique shops in the area. Close to the NY border is a small very friendly shop called The Pumpkin Patch in Lee.

Posts: 414 | Registered: Jan 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a goo Shop Hop link for Massacheusetts-
http://www.southamptonquilts.com/?id=105

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
thank you so much

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
that was awesome thank you that very well might be my shop hop!

posted Hide Post
You'll be going right past me to MA. Someday I'll make it out your end of the state, and will need advice from you. This is truly a nice Board to belong to.

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
absolutely I was searching on line trying to find places then a lightbulb went off and started the thread and it has been great. we have some great shops at this end of the state! I am really looking forward to visiting Mass, my husband will be working a softball torney for Little League and I will hopping!

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I take it you're from the western part? DH is originally from the eastern part.

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Yes a little town, Portville.