Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  !COF 2013 Attendees! Attention! I'm talking shopping here.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

!COF 2013 Attendees! Attention! I'm talking shopping here. Sign In/Join 
Picture of quiltslots
posted
I just wanted to tell everyone that they are in for a real treat at retreat this year. I'm talking about shopping here...I just spent a week in the Lancaster area and hit 8 quilt/fabric stores (some of them at least twice). Oooooh, the fabrics, WOW, the prices! Not to be beat by anyone. I gave anywhere from $4.25 - $8.95 for batiks. If you only do one shop on the Scavenger Hunt it should be Burkholder's! Rumor has it that they are giving us a discount too. Bring your shopping money, gals, you won't be able to pass up the bargains. See you soon!

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the warning. I guess I'd better scronge up some more money.

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I was with quiltslots and we shopped till we dropped! What a great time.

Posts: 410 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Musiclady
posted Hide Post
I can't wait. Trying to figure out how to come up with some more money!!!!!

Posts: 1113 | Registered: Aug 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Um, putting together my planned drive sheet - will see where Burkholder's can fit in.. Smile

Posts: 7988 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Definitely planning to spend some moolah along the way!

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6532 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Oh boy. Now I'm getting excited.

Posts: 9461 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'm ready to go!! Wonder if my tote bag is big enough Smile

Posts: 635 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless I hit the lottery, I'll be window shopping Smile I've already told the girls we're sight seeing not spending. With the family drama unfolding, I have essentials covered so can enjoy the trip...just won't be bringing much besides fabulous memories home with me! So looking forward to the retreat!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fleur55:
Okay, I'm ready to go!! Wonder if my tote bag is big enough Smile

Probably not...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4913 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Burkholder's should be first on everyone's list or you probably won't get to it...It's a straight shot down 322 from Harrisburg and then south to everything else. Then after dinner we are headed straight up 283 to the hotel for the evening's activities.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4913 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
PA has so many great shops to go to. You all will be wanting to come back real soon! Lucky for me I only live an hour and 15mins away, but I still don't get there often, maybe once a year.

Posts: 484 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
We pass Burkholders on our way in! Carol we can preshop!!!!! Big Grin Wink

Group Hug

I can do what you can’t do, and you can do what I can’t do; together we can do great things.— Mother Teresa

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2605 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
just leave some for the rest of us, will ya?

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I've taken Burkholder's off my list and put Weaver's on. Have heard some real good things about Weaver's.

Posts: 7988 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Hey, Theresa — now you're talking!

I'm ready; I have a couple of projects to shop for.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6532 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I like Burkholder's and really like the 20% - but I've never been to Weaver's. I may hitch a ride with you!

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Both are good, burkholders is better choices

Posts: 410 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
I can't wait.. Smile Love to shop for fabrics..

Posts: 4301 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gonesewin:
I like Burkholder's and really like the 20% - but I've never been to Weaver's. I may hitch a ride with you!

That would be great if it works for your schedule..